The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to all who received offers from IC, commiserations otherwise (could always re-apply).

Do remember, getting in is only the start. Continue to work hard, do the best you can and make a name for yourself and IC in year's to come!

Any budding Physicists, check out the PG coffee lounge on the 8th floor of Blackett. Awesome views of London from up there!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 121
Original post by singh224
Username: Singh224
Course: Electronic and Electrical Engineering (EEE)
GCSEs (or equivalent):6 A*'s 2A's 4B's 1C :tongue:
AS subjects / grades:
Physics - C
Chem - D
Maths - B
Bio C
Further Maths - A
Not good grades due to health problems
A Level subjects / predictions:
Further maths - A
Maths - A
Physics - (none doing it privately)
Terms of offer: A*AA

Find it terribly suprising that you got a B in math but an A in FM for AS. Btw, your PS must have been really good to get an offer with those AS grades. Nice job.
Reply 122
Original post by Azland
Find it terribly suprising that you got a B in math but an A in FM for AS. Btw, your PS must have been really good to get an offer with those AS grades. Nice job.

lol I know it was hard to believe it fr my teacher as well and I guess I was purely offered on the bases of personal statement :colondollar:
realised I forgot to post in this...

Subject: Aeronautical Engineering
Offer: A* in Physics, A in F.Maths
A Levels Completed: Maths A*, German A, AS Geography A, BTEC Eng Distinction
Resits: Physics (B), F.Maths (B)
GCSEs: 8A*s, 6As
Firm/Insurance: probable Firm :smile:
hi guys
i just recieved my gcse and they are very bad.this is what i got
maths=B
core sicence=B
english lang=B
english literature=A
additional science=A
citizenship=A*
R.E=A*
engineering=A*
graphics design=A*
business studies=A*
I.T=A
arabic=A

i really want to get into imperial college and i think my gcse will set me back. i am doing MATHS,BIOLOGY,CHEMISTRY,PHYSICS for a level and further maths at A2. i have lots of work experiance lined up like RAF museum aeronautics department,BAE,AIRBUS. lets say a get 3A* and A for chem and a for further maths, is there a chance of me even thinking about imperial collage.i don't think i will get into it because of my extremly bad gcse
Original post by Arshavir
No I am also waiting ... seems nobody got offer from both medicine and biomed sciences yet...

Did you guys get offers? :smile: I'm looking for other people planning to do biomed
Reply 126
status has been "application is currently under the reconsideration of the department" since 2 months :angry: i wonder what they are still doing with it !!!! :angry: :angry:
Original post by kaboon-supreme
hi guys
i just recieved my gcse and they are very bad.this is what i got
maths=B
core sicence=B
english lang=B
english literature=A
additional science=A
citizenship=A*
R.E=A*
engineering=A*
graphics design=A*
business studies=A*
I.T=A
arabic=A

i really want to get into imperial college and i think my gcse will set me back. i am doing MATHS,BIOLOGY,CHEMISTRY,PHYSICS for a level and further maths at A2. i have lots of work experiance lined up like RAF museum aeronautics department,BAE,AIRBUS. lets say a get 3A* and A for chem and a for further maths, is there a chance of me even thinking about imperial collage.i don't think i will get into it because of my extremly bad gcse

Hi, With a B in maths and core science, probably not. If you're getting B's at GCSE it is unlikely that you will get A*'s at A level. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear but generally those people made offers at imperial/oxbridge for science will have achieved A*'s in most subjects at GCSE and will have definitely achieved 3/2 A*'s in triple/double science and an A* for maths.
Forgot to post when the offer finally came through :smile:

Subject: Mathematics
Offer: Unconditional :biggrin: :cool:
A Levels (predicted)[achieved]: Maths [A*], Further Maths [A*], Additional FM (A*), Physics (A*)[A], Biology (A)[B], Chemistry (A), English Lit [A]
GCSEs: Didn't take
Firm/Insurance: Insurance
subject: Chemistry with medicinal chemistry and a year in industry
Offer: AAA
GCSE's: 5A*'s, 7A's & 1B
AS's: Chemistry-A, Physics-A, Maths-A, Human Biology-A and Further Maths-B
A2's (predicted):
Chemistry (A*), Maths (A*), Physics (A*), Human Biology (A*)
Original post by 3.141
biochemistry offers seem to have gone out, but has anybody heard anything from biotechnology yet?

i did!!!! Finally, a life science applicant!
Original post by IB Fanboy
i did!!!! Finally, a life science applicant!

Opps..wrong thread...

Latest

Trending

Trending