The Student Room Group

2012 Consulting Interviews / Rejections / Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophie9949
Anyone heard back from OC&C, PA Consulting or SKP?

Also has anyone done a telephone interview for consulting for KPMG or TW? I have them coming up and I don't know what to prepare!

I've heard from PA, rejection. Didn't apply to the other two.

Also, has anyone who applied to Credo still yet to hear from them? They are due to start interviews this week and next, so I would have expected to hear from them by now...!
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone heard back from OC&C

I know OC&C have sent out some test invites (I think someone also mentioned this here).

Could I please ask anyone who has done the McKinsey practice cases on their website to look at my thread. I'm confused by one of their questions and can't work out where I'm going wrong. It's driving me crazy.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1844449
Original post by Riverforge
Yep - very close to the deadline for when they said they'd get back to me, so fingernail-biting time!

Looks like you're doing really well with the applications! Congrats
Reply 83
I have a McKinsey second round, the one with 2 one hour case study/competency interviews. Anyone knows what it entails?
Anyone heard back from OC&C, PA Consulting or SKP?

Also has anyone done a telephone interview for consulting for KPMG or TW? I have them coming up and I don't know what to prepare!

I have a KPMG Consulting first round phone interview too. Mine's for a summer internship though; i'm kind of unsure too.
Reply 85
Has anyone had any experiences of Accenture's phone interviews? I've got one coming up and want to be prepared for it.
Original post by mikestem
They are really hard...right?

I don't think anyone could finish all of them

how long does it take them to send the tests after submitting the app?!
Reply 87
Original post by Dreamer_886
how long does it take them to send the tests after submitting the app?!

Its about OW, right? They don't send the tests, you have to go and sit them at their office or some other locations (like, in Cambridge and Oxford). Tests are done by everyone who made it to that stage within a couple of days so they had the first 'group' in the beginning of November and now you'll have to wait for the second one.

The tests are difficult but doable. I had mine on a Monday and they got back to everyone by Friday same week. I passed mine successfully - you're not meant to finish them and I have a feeling they praise you for not making any mistakes (they use negative marking, so if unsure just move on to the next question). Lots of questions in the maths test are probability related so you might want to brush up on that...
Original post by linee
Its about OW, right? They don't send the tests, you have to go and sit them at their office or some other locations (like, in Cambridge and Oxford). Tests are done by everyone who made it to that stage within a couple of days so they had the first 'group' in the beginning of November and now you'll have to wait for the second one.

The tests are difficult but doable. I had mine on a Monday and they got back to everyone by Friday same week. I passed mine successfully - you're not meant to finish them and I have a feeling they praise you for not making any mistakes (they use negative marking, so if unsure just move on to the next question). Lots of questions in the maths test are probability related so you might want to brush up on that...

Thanks for the info. really appreciate that. I hate probability though :frown: Is that stage right after submitting the app and how long should I wait before being invited?!
Reply 89
Anyone heard from Bain?
Reply 90
Original post by Dreamer_886
Is that stage right after submitting the app and how long should I wait before being invited?!

Yeah it's the first stage if your application is successful. Don't know how long it will take though, def after the deadline...

Actually, that's not quite correct - I heard from them pretty quickly after submitting my application, maybe about a week or so, but had to wait for about a month for the tests. So you might hear from them soon, but the tests should be after the deadline
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by TheV
Anyone heard from Bain?

Nope - they said that they'll reply by the 25th so will probably find out by tomorrow
Reply 92
I got the invite for the OW Tests yesterday (a day after submitting the application), and that too online tests.

Maybe online tests as I go to a non-target :s-smilie:
Reply 93
If I study an MSc in Management, once completed where is the next step to go to get employment? Would I join up as a graduate manager?

Also, what exactly is general consultancy? and how is it different from market strategy consulting for example?
Original post by pengu
Nope - they said that they'll reply by the 25th so will probably find out by tomorrow

I'm not overly optimistic after the discussion about them cutting recruiting from 60 places last year to 15 this year. Brutal.

So far, I'm having mixed results:

McKinsey - 1st round interview (after test)
LEK - 1st round interview (health care)

Bain - Waiting
Roland Berger - Waiting
OC&C - "Waiting" (although some people have heard back so doesn't look promising)

BCG - Rejection
Booz - Rejection
Marakon - Rejection
Original post by PhDConsultant
I'm not overly optimistic after the discussion about them cutting recruiting from 60 places last year to 15 this year. Brutal.

So far, I'm having mixed results:

McKinsey - 1st round interview (after test)
LEK - 1st round interview (health care)

Bain - Waiting
Roland Berger - Waiting
OC&C - "Waiting" (although some people have heard back so doesn't look promising)

BCG - Rejection
Booz - Rejection
Marakon - Rejection

You're not in terrible shape. I would love to know how many people these firms actually intend on recruiting.
I swear this looks worse than the competition for IB. Is everyone here going for graduate positions or are there some interns here?
Reply 97
im going for graduate... various rejections but a few interviews, no MBB or anything though. Its a really bad year this year isnt it?
Original post by miiiiil
im going for graduate... various rejections but a few interviews, no MBB or anything though. Its a really bad year this year isnt it?

Yeah I think it must be. There are gonna be a lot of good people left without work (myself included by the looks of it!).
Reply 99
It's a bad year every year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending