The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Does anyone else have a Life Sciences interview on November 30th?

So excited XD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same!! what course are you going for?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Snapple123
Same!! what course are you going for?

Yay someone else! Neuroscience, and you?
Reply 3
Biomedical sciences, I'm so nervous about the interview!

Good luck btw =]
Reply 4
Biomedical sciences, I'm so nervous about the interview!

Good luck btw =]

Me too! Apparently it's pretty informal though.
Thank you, and good luck to you too! I guess I'll see you there...
Original post by braiiins
So excited XD

hey I've got an interview for neuroscience on the 30th, are you staying in Manchester, i am staying overnight but not sure where yet, what are you doing for it?
Reply 6
Me too! Apparently it's pretty informal though.
Thank you, and good luck to you too! I guess I'll see you there...

haha thanks!

yeah I heard that too, but being as paranoid as I am I'll probably end up over-preparing! =P
Reply 7
Original post by 10coopernathan
hey I've got an interview for neuroscience on the 30th, are you staying in Manchester, i am staying overnight but not sure where yet, what are you doing for it?

I'm getting a flight in the morning and a flight back at 7. It's even more expensive otherwise! Do you have to travel far?
Reply 8
haha thanks!

yeah I heard that too, but being as paranoid as I am I'll probably end up over-preparing! =P

I'm the same... Ughhhhhhhh. I'm also stressing over what to wear because of their LACK of dress code, but that probably doesn't really matter.
I do! For Biology with a year in industry! worried about what they might ask me, im not great with interviews:frown:!
so exited i actually have one though!
Reply 11
So excited XD

Relax, when we say informal we mean it! I'd say go for smart casual, that's what most of the applicants tend to wear. You always get a few people dressing in suits(nothing wrong with that) and a few idiots dressing like they're going to the gym (dont do that)

So relax, dont stress about clothes, and enjoy your visit. Whoever is showing you around will try and make sure that you can see plenty of the uni and that you're given lots of time to ask questions.
Reply 12
Original post by Strangey
Relax, when we say informal we mean it! I'd say go for smart casual, that's what most of the applicants tend to wear. You always get a few people dressing in suits(nothing wrong with that) and a few idiots dressing like they're going to the gym (dont do that)

So relax, dont stress about clothes, and enjoy your visit. Whoever is showing you around will try and make sure that you can see plenty of the uni and that you're given lots of time to ask questions.

Thank you :smile: It's the smart casual I'm struggling with. Not too worried about it, though.
Are you studying there? I Visited in June and I loved it, so I'm looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 13
i'm there on the 30th for biochem :smile: no idea what to wear, tights and a dress with a high neck that isn't too short will be fine wont it :/ good luck guys
Reply 14
Thank you :smile: It's the smart casual I'm struggling with. Not too worried about it, though.
Are you studying there? I Visited in June and I loved it, so I'm looking forward to it :smile:

Yep I'm studying in Manchester, and normally help out on the open days, assuming I'm not too busy! Tell them why you want to come to Manchester and how much you'll love your course, and you'll do alright!
Reply 15
I'm the same... Ughhhhhhhh. I'm also stressing over what to wear because of their LACK of dress code, but that probably doesn't really matter.

I know!!!!
I know people recommend to dress smart anyway, but then I'm paranoid that I'll dress smart and everyone else will be casual and I'll just look like an idiot =P
Reply 16
I know!!!!
I know people recommend to dress smart anyway, but then I'm paranoid that I'll dress smart and everyone else will be casual and I'll just look like an idiot =P

Well, I'll be wearing mostly smart, I think, with a casual cardigan or something. So there'll be at least two of us, if that makes you feel better :smile:
Reply 17
Well, I'll be wearing mostly smart, I think, with a casual cardigan or something. So there'll be at least two of us, if that makes you feel better :smile:

lol I feel welcomed already =]
Reply 18
It's soon.
Hope it goes well for you guys. Don't worry, after it's over you'll wonder what the fuss was about! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending