The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

International Development at UEA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My insurance is Chester to do Geography and International Development Joint Honours, what about you?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 41
I put Essex as my insurance :smile: (International Development too!)

So what does everyone plan to do after Uni with their international development degree? :smile:
Reply 42
Probably the most heard answer is 'I want to work abroad somewhere' haha, but I don't have any set plans really, just see what happens at the end of the three years and see what opportunities are out there :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by jake862
Probably the most heard answer is 'I want to work abroad somewhere' haha, but I don't have any set plans really, just see what happens at the end of the three years and see what opportunities are out there :smile:

That's great! Do you take a language at A level too?
Reply 44
No, GCSE yes but A-Level no. I took Geography, Maths and Biology. What subjects did other people take?
Reply 45
Hey, hate to interrupt your thread but I'm currently at UEA, just finished my second year of International Development, so if you had any questions about it just let me know :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by jake862
My insurance is Chester to do Geography and International Development Joint Honours, what about you?

I was going to put that exact course but went to the applicant day and really wasn't impressed so haven't put an insurance choice. Risky, I know, but I'd rather resit and get the grades for UEA next year rather than go somewhere I don't like. :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by LouF
I was going to put that exact course but went to the applicant day and really wasn't impressed so haven't put an insurance choice. Risky, I know, but I'd rather resit and get the grades for UEA next year rather than go somewhere I don't like. :smile:

I get what you mean. Hopefully we will all get the grades we need and fingers crossed, we will see everyone in September! Good luck for exams!
Reply 48
Original post by LouF

I've got an insurance ( Essex for Inter Dev) but the grades are ABB - the same as UEA. So if I don't get in, I'm just apply again to get into UEA.
:biggrin:
I loved UEA!
Reply 49
Only just found this thread - I've firmed my offer from the UEA, ABB for International Development w/Overseas Experience. I live in Norwich so won't be too far for me to go - really looking forward to it :tongue:
I'm also a Dev-er at UEA so feel free to give me a holla' with any questions
Reply 51
Original post by jake862
I have! Its for BA International Development with Overseas Experience.

Visited UEA on the open day and really liked it. :smile:

Where else have you applied?

I'm doing the same course, providing I get the grades! So excited! We'll have to say hello to each other during freshers. :biggrin:
Reply 52
I got in! :smile: See you all in September!
Reply 53
Original post by jake862
I got in! :smile: See you all in September!

I got in too!! with 3 B's!! :biggrin: :biggrin: so excited!! :biggrin: PM me people! :biggrin: we can be friends on facebook!
Reply 54
I got in! Got an A* & 2 A's. Well done everyone, feel free to PM me with Facebook links! :biggrin: See you all soon!
Reply 55
Hi, if anyone reading this is starting at DEV in September, please join our Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dev2015/

:smile:
Doing International Dev & Environmental Geography :smile:
Did any of you take Development A-levels? :smile:

See you soon!! :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by brooksclaire
Doing International Dev & Environmental Geography :smile:
Did any of you take Development A-levels? :smile:

See you soon!! :smile:

See you soon! :biggrin:
Reply 58
Edit
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 59
Lets go with 2013! I got my conditional offer for DEV to start this September, can't wait, really. Have been to UEA several times, one of them in an Open Day and I loved it. It's really unique, doesn't have the magic of Oxford (fell in love with it too) but I think it has a certain character you don't find so often in "modern" universities. Anyone else expecting to start this year?

For my insurance I got conditional from Leeds.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending