The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Qub nursing intake 12/13

Hey,

Im in the middle of applying for nursing at queens for 2012 intake i was wondering if anyone else was applying for this course and does any one have any idea of what the interview is like.

thanx:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi roro1, I am starting Adult Nursing at Queens in February, the interview is pretty straight forward, carried out by 2 people, it lasts around 15-20 minutes and they ask around 5 questions, you are given a score out of 25- based on each answer you give and then if you get over a certain score you get an offer, if you get a little below that score then you go on reserve (i think the score is 22+) although i could be wrong on that, the interviews are carried out in March/April and the interviewers are really lovely, its not scary at all!! Hope this helps!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
hey Roro, started there in September and like Dreamer says 2 person panel, they do their best to relax you as much as possible. The two who interviewed me were just lovely, I couldnt have asked for better. Anything you need advice wise im sure any current students will be happy to help, including myself :smile:
Thought I'd write on here for some help! So frustrated....I sent my Queens Nursing application form off on Tuesday 6th Dec. This was done after my lecturer from college had went through it, I went through it a dozen and more times etc etc. Anyways I kept a copy of the application form for myself to keep, and on Wednesday 7th Dec I decided to have one last flick through it, even though I had sent it off the day previously! Much to my flipping horror I found a typo (I filled my form out on microsoft word)....I missed the second 'i' in 'positively' So I wrote POSITVELY! Gggggrrr so cross my lecturer or me never noticed it before! I'm basically wondering what your folks opinions are on this? D'ya think I may have ruined my chance to even get an interview? :frown:

Thanks S
Reply 4
It appears like a very minor error to me. I posted mine yesterday after many, many checks but dont think I will look at again until I hear something.

I am very nervous about the whole process as I am a mature applicant and have been out of education for quite some time.

I wish you all the very best.
Reply 5
Does anyone know if you have to take the Hpat test for nursing? :smile:
Hey Tyronenew, all the best for your application too, thanks! It has been a stressful process and I cant stand the anticipation anymore, I pray to God I get offered an interview! Fingers crossed for us both lol

Lilo27- no Hpat for Nursing. It's more for subjects like occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, podiatry etc. Luckily not for Nursing!
Reply 7
I am hoping to apply in the next few days. I am still undecided as i would be giving up a full time job in the civil service, plus i have a 1 year old and not sure how i would cope with full time nursery fees.

Do any of you have children and what are your plans?
katpink,

there are a number of people on the course at the moment with children and who have given up careers of 20 years to retrain. there are allowances for dependents and childcare. check the bursary payment information, it was posted on last years thread somewhere! you could just google nihsc student nurse bursary or something. there is a little information booklet that should give you some information. You can make it work if you want it hun :smile: good luck x
Reply 9
Hi guys, I found this site when looking to try and see how many people get interviews for queens and how
Many places there are? Also, I'm from Dublin, do any of you know what the situation is with the bursary funds for me? I've already done 2 years of a business course down here but am hoping to redirect my studies. Any hints for the personal statement? 300 words is a very small amount to try get everything in there! Any information would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply 10
I recently applied too, my nerves are wrecked lol. I really hope I get an interview!!
Talking of mistakes, I went and filled in the wrong email address on my application form, think I will phone them and let them know of my mistake :/
As for leaving out the i in positively, I wouldn't worry shirlene as they will prob miss it when they are looking at over 2000 applications (that's how many they have received this year apparently)
Reply 12
hey ther peeps. when do we hear back about nursing roughly what dates?
for queens and magee?

(also did anyone apply for coleraine on ther ucas application then for it to be removed without any reason :s-smilie::s-smilie: ?? )
apparentli we find out about queens mid february bt ive no idea about magee. n yea i applied for coleraine too bt it gt cut. dnt knw y. they cut a load f courses for irish bt ive no idea about that either :L
Reply 14
Hey, I have applied for Nursing at Queen's, first choice adult. On the thread last year they said that interviews mostly took place in March with a lot of people not being invited to interview until the start of March. I am so nervous about the whole process as I really want to go to Queens, I'm not worried about the grades but it's just so competitive now its scary! :eek:

Have any of you applied for Nursing outside of Northern Ireland? x
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RWills94
Hey, I have applied for Nursing at Queen's, first choice adult. On the thread last year they said that interviews mostly took place in March with a lot of people not being invited to interview until the start of March. I am so nervous about the whole process as I really want to go to Queens, I'm not worried about the grades but it's just so competitive now its scary! :eek:

Have any of you applied for Nursing outside of Northern Ireland? x

Your the person I was writing to earlier about Glasgow Cale? Yeah? lol ironic, anyways I pure want to go to Queens too I am from N.I and I would be made up if I got into Queens! And yeah it's soooo competative, nobody understands what it's like unless they are going through it themselves. I've also applied to Glasgow Cale, Edinburgh Napier, Leeds Met and Magee, as well as Queens obv! :biggrin:
Reply 16
possibly yes..have interview for calie..not really sure what its going to be like though..
Reply 17
Anybody hear anything yet? I dint send my application away till about the 20th, and my principal is so unreliable ive no idea if she sent away the reference :frown:
Reply 18
queens do not send out a letter to let you know they have received your appllication :frown: so annoying you just have to wait! and hope for the best (:

NERRRRVOUSSSSS:eek:
Original post by nicoleio
queens do not send out a letter to let you know they have received your appllication :frown: so annoying you just have to wait! and hope for the best (:

NERRRRVOUSSSSS:eek:

Just ring Queens up and ask if they have your letter, thats what I done, and they will let you know that way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending