We've been told to learn it like this:

M - Monotropic
U - Universally innate
S - Social releasers
I - Internal working model
C- Critical period
S - Survival

Either works best I guess :colondollar:

Haha literally the same!! There's another one like S O M A G I C.

Such fun!!
Reply 61
Original post by s_axo
It's ok :smile: happy to help

Explanations on attachment did actually come up! :frown: Would have been nice though!!

Ohhh damn so what do you think is likely to be the 12 mark question? :smile:
i think the 12 marker might be on EWT
Reply 63
Original post by kateparker0494

:eek: It better not be..how do you know?
Reply 64
Original post by kateparker0494

Eurgh I'd hate this!!!! Although I think it was on EWT in June 2011?
Reply 65
Original post by hhh123
Eurgh I'd hate this!!!! Although I think it was on EWT in June 2011?

Only the effects of age, not anxiety. However you are proabably right, it is unlikely that they would do two 12 markers about EWT in a row, but of course we cannot rule it out. I think that the 12 marker will be something to do with Social Psychology, as there has not been anything on that since June 2010.

Here is a document my school gave us - it outlines what has come up before and what has never come up - you may find it helpful.

Previous PSYA1 12 mark questions

Jan 2009: Discuss one or more explanations of attachments, such as learning theory and Bowlby’s theory
Jun 2009: Discuss effects of anxiety on EWT
Jan 2010: Outline and evaluate research into privation
Jun 2010: Outline and evaluate research into the effects of institutionalisation
Jan 2011: Outline and evaluate the WMM
Jun 2011: Discuss effects of age on EWT + 8 mark on learning theory

12 mark questions that have never appeared:
Outline and evaluate MSM
Effects of misleading information
Cognitive interview
Strategies for memory improvement. Unlikely as a 12 mark, but appears on every single paper as 4, 5 or 6 marks
Disruption of attachment
Cultural variations in attachment
Factors affecting types of attachment/anything to do with Ainsworth’s study, e.g., sensitivity, temperament
Effects of day care, e.g., aggression and peer relations
Implications of research for childcare practices
Reply 66
Original post by Message
Only the effects of age, not anxiety. However you are proabably right, it is unlikely that they would do two 12 markers about EWT in a row, but of course we cannot rule it out. I think that the 12 marker will be something to do with Social Psychology, as there has not been anything on that since June 2010.

Here is a document my school gave us - it outlines what has come up before and what has never come up - you may find it helpful.

Jan 2009: Discuss one or more explanations of attachments, such as learning theory and Bowlby’s theory
Jun 2010: Outline and evaluate research into the effects of institutionalisation

Outline and evaluate MSM
Cognitive interview
Strategies for memory improvement. Unlikely as a 12 mark, but appears on every single paper as 4, 5 or 6 marks
Disruption of attachment
Factors affecting types of attachment/anything to do with Ainsworth’s study, e.g., sensitivity, temperament

I dont think 'Implications of research for childcare practices' will come up as there isn't much evaluation available for it.
Reply 67
I think we just have to revise everything just in case!!
Reply 68
Original post by Message
I think we just have to revise everything just in case!!

I know! I'm pretty sure that'd come up for 6 marks though. Ah scary times. How far are you with your revision? x
Original post by Message

Original post by Message

Outline and evaluate MSM
Cognitive interview
Disruption of attachment

Can you give me a quick reminder on what Cognitive interview was about?
Thank you
Reply 70
Original post by s_axo
I know! I'm pretty sure that'd come up for 6 marks though. Ah scary times. How far are you with your revision? x

Hi

I am basically just going through the textbook and practising 12 markers and just reading over everything. I think I have more or less got cognitive psychology covered, almost there with social psychology too. Research methods need a little bit more revision I think. How about yourself? Have you got any other exams?

I hope it goes well for you
Reply 71
Original post by zaveribhakti
Can you give me a quick reminder on what Cognitive interview was about?
Thank you

What exactly would you like assistance with? I would be happy to help you.
I find researchers names a right pain to remember, especially because I'm doing PSYA1 and PSYA4 in Jan :frown:.

I try to come up with little rhymes or associate their names with an image because I'm a visual learner (don't actually know if this will help anyone else but it's worth a try).
Reply 73
Original post by BeccaAnne94
I find researchers names a right pain to remember, especially because I'm doing PSYA1 and PSYA4 in Jan :frown:.

I try to come up with little rhymes or associate their names with an image because I'm a visual learner (don't actually know if this will help anyone else but it's worth a try).

Im in exactly your position! Doing PSYA1 and PSYA4 :-(
Atleast PSYA4 isnt until the end of Jan!
What grades are you aiming for?
Original post by hhh123
Im in exactly your position! Doing PSYA1 and PSYA4 :-(
Atleast PSYA4 isnt until the end of Jan!
What grades are you aiming for?

I think the only other good thing is the slight overlap in research methods :frown:.
I need to get an A overall so I've been told to get an A in both to boost my AS enough and give myself a chance - I have 5 other exams than these so there's sooooo much stress :frown:.

How do you revise?
What grades do you want?
Reply 75
I think the only other good thing is the slight overlap in research methods :frown:.
I need to get an A overall so I've been told to get an A in both to boost my AS enough and give myself a chance - I have 5 other exams than these so there's sooooo much stress :frown:.

How do you revise?
What grades do you want?

Oh no 5 other exams does not sound good. Which subjects are they? :smile:

Yeah I also have 4 other exams which sucks!
I am also aiming for an A but i will be satisfied with a B because PSYA4 is sooo hard!
Reply 76
Original post by DROGB
would some nice, kind, soul ... implant all of their knowledge into my brain for this exam?! :biggrin:

edit: what's with the negging?!

I like your thinking lol.
Original post by hhh123
Oh no 5 other exams does not sound good. Which subjects are they? :smile:

Yeah I also have 4 other exams which sucks!
I am also aiming for an A but i will be satisfied with a B because PSYA4 is sooo hard!

I have 2 biology (1 resit, 1A2), 2 chem (1 resit, 1A2) and C1 maths to try to boost my overall AS :frown:.

What are your others exams?
Which topics are you doing for PSYA4? I've been stuck with depression (which is ok-ish) and media (which I despise with a passion :frown: )
Reply 78
I have 2 biology (1 resit, 1A2), 2 chem (1 resit, 1A2) and C1 maths to try to boost my overall AS :frown:.

What are your others exams?
Which topics are you doing for PSYA4? I've been stuck with depression (which is ok-ish) and media (which I despise with a passion :frown: )

Oh no that's not good :frown: all of those subjects are really intense!
I have got C1 resit too... C3 and M1. :frown: and then PSYA1 and PSYA2.
GREATTTTTT.
Must admit I prefer Psychology over Maths!

In PSYA4 I am doing Schziophrenia and Addictive Behaviours which are actually not so bad. I had a quick look through Media when picking which topics to do and Medic looks nasty! But I am sure you will be fine with them! GOOD LUCK! :smile:
Original post by hhh123
Oh no that's not good :frown: all of those subjects are really intense!
I have got C1 resit too... C3 and M1. :frown: and then PSYA1 and PSYA2.
GREATTTTTT.
Must admit I prefer Psychology over Maths!

In PSYA4 I am doing Schziophrenia and Addictive Behaviours which are actually not so bad. I had a quick look through Media when picking which topics to do and Medic looks nasty! But I am sure you will be fine with them! GOOD LUCK! :smile:

I know :frown:.
I stopped maths at the end of AS so I have to reteach myself the whole of C1. I can remember the basics but I detest graphs so that's going to be a pain :frown:.
Psychology revision is more interesting then maths, the variety of topics makes the difference I think :smile:.

That sounds waaaay more interesting then my topics :frown:. I think depression is okay because its mostly diagnosis and then the different approaches. However, Media is mostly about aggression (which we don't do until summer with PSYA3 anyway), the studies are non-conclusive and the same researchers are used because 'it's a new area of study'. I think I actually die a little on the inside whenever I have to write a media essay :'(. Hopefully if I revise enough I'll do well enough to not have to do a resit :smile:.
Thank you and good luck to you too :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending