The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA1 Unit 1 Psychology 10th January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iLoveRobSwire<3
I'm really finding it hard to remember all the researchers names and dates, I'm actually making the names and dates up when we're doing practice questions :frown:

Research methods :angry:

Don't bother remembering the dates, unless it's important to the study as you don't really get marks for it, and try to remember the names, but if you can't think of the names in the exam, don't make names up, just say 'a reasercher', and then outline the study :smile:,
Reply 81
I'm VERY worried about the 12 markers. Anyone fancy looking at a past 12 marker I tried and giving me some feedback?
It'd be SO appreciated.
Original post by s_axo
I'm VERY worried about the 12 markers. Anyone fancy looking at a past 12 marker I tried and giving me some feedback?
It'd be SO appreciated.

what ive seen from the marking is to do 3 examples... and also say how they are invalid.

for example... say one point was about Harlow (the monkey man, thats how i remember haha)... so you would say the word "Harlow" talk about what he did BRIEFLY, how it doesnt support / does support the question, and then say why this may also be invalid.

thatd be 4 marks... so jst write another 2 paragraphs n thats ure 12.

does anyone's teachers given them a hint on what the 12 marker will be? the teacher said something about what she predicts bt i cant even remember now. (something to ask when we are back at school hehe)
EWT is an absolute bitch to revise. In terms of Age, Anxiety, and Weapon Focus, how many (main) studies are we advised to remember?
Original post by Id and Ego seek
EWT is an absolute bitch to revise. In terms of Age, Anxiety, and Weapon Focus, how many (main) studies are we advised to remember?

itd be good to try n remember the studies that are put into detail (so for anxiety, it would be the Yerkes-dodson law and the weapon focus effect). also id add in 1 study that wasnt put into detail and just say "so and so supports this study"

i wouldnt say more than 3 studies. for age, im just going to be talking about "own age bias" and "differential experience hypothesis" and "perceptual learning hypothesis", and give them some studies to back it up...

that may not be for everyone though... just i cant really revise EWT as its just something thats not being put into the LTM :P no matter how much elaborative rehearsal (hehe :wink: )
Reply 85
****ting myself for this exam :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Original post by vabbian
****ting myself for this exam :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

agreed. maybe theres a way of getting a sympathy grade A just by having a mental breakdown during the exam... -.-
Reply 87
Original post by megfashion
agreed. maybe theres a way of getting a sympathy grade A just by having a mental breakdown during the exam... -.-

could claim we left the exam in a different psychological state to how we entered, design fault! :colondollar: ethical **** right there! :colone:
Reply 88
itd be good to try n remember the studies that are put into detail (so for anxiety, it would be the Yerkes-dodson law and the weapon focus effect). also id add in 1 study that wasnt put into detail and just say "so and so supports this study"

i wouldnt say more than 3 studies. for age, im just going to be talking about "own age bias" and "differential experience hypothesis" and "perceptual learning hypothesis", and give them some studies to back it up...

that may not be for everyone though... just i cant really revise EWT as its just something thats not being put into the LTM :P no matter how much elaborative rehearsal (hehe :wink: )

LOOL yeah

Original post by vabbian

Only thing im worried about is the 12 mark question...the rest is quite easy..
Reply 89
Original post by s_axo
It'd be SO appreciated.

I would be happy to do so.
Reply 90
Original post by Message
I would be happy to do so.

"Outline and evaluate research into the effects of age of witnesses on accuracy of
eyewitness testimony."

...this came up in May 2011...can we safely say that this will not come up in Jan? Or can they be crazy and put it again?
Reply 91
Original post by Id and Ego seek

2/3 for each? That's then 2/3 A01 marks for each study and then a couple of A02 points for each and you'd be sorted for a 12 marker?

I'm personally just not looking forward to Day Care :') EWT is just Loftus - ALOT of the time...
Reply 92
Original post by Saif95
"Outline and evaluate research into the effects of age of witnesses on accuracy of
eyewitness testimony."

...this came up in May 2011...can we safely say that this will not come up in Jan? Or can they be crazy and put it again?

The thing with these exams is that we never know. It is highly unlikley that it will come up. We cannot be sure though.
Reply 93
Original post by Deyesy
2/3 for each? That's then 2/3 A01 marks for each study and then a couple of A02 points for each and you'd be sorted for a 12 marker?

I'm personally just not looking forward to Day Care :') EWT is just Loftus - ALOT of the time...

Day care is a hard topic! What can I help you with? I think it may be one of the topics to come up.
Reply 94
Original post by Message
Day care is a hard topic! What can I help you with? I think it may be one of the topics to come up.

Hence why it's the last topic in the specification I am yet to revise :tongue:

Oh. You. Have. Just. Made. My. Day. :frown: I best get onto it instead of procrastinating on TSR :colondollar:
Reply 95
so will the 12 marker be about memory or attachment in january 2012?
Original post by vabbian
could claim we left the exam in a different psychological state to how we entered, design fault! :colondollar: ethical **** right there! :colone:

paha. we can tell them that we have the right to withdraw and be told what the test will be on before hand, so that we are not in too much of an unhealthy state afterwards :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by MizzC
so will the 12 marker be about memory or attachment in january 2012?

Well it was about memory for the past two papers, I've a feeling it may be on attachment in Jan, but it is not 100%.
Reply 98
Original post by Saif95
Well it was about memory for the past two papers, I've a feeling it may be on attachment in Jan, but it is not 100%.

That would suit me perfectly :tongue: Just NOT day-care pal-lease! :biggrin:
Reply 99
Original post by Deyesy
That would suit me perfectly :tongue: Just NOT day-care pal-lease! :biggrin:

I've a feeling it will be on day care, it hasn't come up recentlu:frown: If not that then deprivation :mad:...im so hoping it is about learning theory or bowlbys theory...they are the easiest!!
And for memory - MSM or maybe WM - they're easy too especially MSM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending