The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee Applicants 2012!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josiea
They've changed it for our year of entry so all A level students have to enter into second year (at least for life sciences courses)

Ah right :yep:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 181
Original post by JakeE10
Hey. I've applied for International Business with German. What's the course like? :smile:

Hey, really sorry for the late reply. Forgot my password and for some reason it came back to me just recently. The course is very good. It consists of 3 modules, a semester. 2 of which are core modules and the other can be chosen. My main Business module is a recap of all the topics i did in school last year, therefore i find it very boring and when it comes down to getting up for a lecture about stuff I've done for the past few years or staying in bed, the bed usually comes out on top. The other core topic that is an economics module which is quite interesting but rather complicated. Then i also picked modules in Geography which have been mind numbingly boring :s-smilie: .

Overall though the course so far has been very enjoyable and i would definitely recommend it to you:rolleyes:
Has anyone received an offer for English Law at Dundee?
Im predicted A*BB at A2 and achieved ABCC at As and 3A*s, 3A's, 5B's & 3C's at GCSE.
The offer is ABB but I applied on the 7th of December and havent heard back yet from Dundee...
Also applying to
Birmingham A*AB
Exeter AAB
Reading AAB
Hull ABB (offer has been made)
Reply 183
Original post by NataliyaMM
Im predicted A*BB at A2 and achieved ABCC at As and 3A*s, 3A's, 5B's & 3C's at GCSE.
The offer is ABB but I applied on the 7th of December and havent heard back yet from Dundee...
Also applying to
Birmingham A*AB
Exeter AAB
Reading AAB

Dundee generally don't give out offers until after the deadline. You may have several weeks to wait still before you hear from them.
Original post by NataliyaMM
Also applying to
Birmingham A*AB
Exeter AAB
Reading AAB

Hopefully we'll hear soon
Original post by Josiea

Original post by Josiea
I know they're very annoying :frown:
Yeah they said that in mine too but they were shut until yesterday and when I phoned she said nobody was in who could answer my questions and she'd put the deadline on hold for me luckily!
So have you applied somewhere else instead?

Ahh thats good of them, alot of places would have been abit awkward aboout stuff like that, have you decided what you're going to do? Yes Glasgow, although i'm still pretty pissed, its harder to get in, its more expesive on the train, and although the course is still very good, its not quiete as good as Dundees :frown:!
Reply 186
Anyone applied to Dundee who lives hours away? Dundee will be my insurance if i get an offer but i think i'll end up there as i'm not going to get into leeds. :tongue: I'm from Manchester so it's about 5 hours away!!! Quite worried about that..........anyone else far from dundee?
Reply 187
Original post by 05dochertyf
Ahh thats good of them, alot of places would have been abit awkward aboout stuff like that, have you decided what you're going to do? Yes Glasgow, although i'm still pretty pissed, its harder to get in, its more expesive on the train, and although the course is still very good, its not quiete as good as Dundees :frown:!

I've emailed to say I'm withdrawing my application, only I sent it on Friday and haven't yet heard back so I will phone if I haven't heard by tomorrow!
I'm probably going to put Aberdeen although its SO far, but the only other one I would've put would be Sussex which is just as far for me! I need a back up one anyway, and Aberdeen has lower grades.
That is really annoying, what have you applied to again? And are you an English applicant?
Reply 188
Original post by JakeE10
Anyone applied to Dundee who lives hours away? Dundee will be my insurance if i get an offer but i think i'll end up there as i'm not going to get into leeds. :tongue: I'm from Manchester so it's about 5 hours away!!! Quite worried about that..........anyone else far from dundee?

I live in Texas, so I guess that kind of far. Doubt I'll be making the drive :wink:
Hello :-)

I applied for Scottish Historical Studies...
Anyone else?
Original post by JakeE10

I'm from South Wales!
About an 8 hour drive pour moi!
Reply 191
Original post by Peanutaims
I'm from South Wales!

wonderful profile picture by the way
Reply 192
Original post by Peanutaims
I'm from South Wales!

Ahhh that's far! Is dundee where you want to go? :smile:
Reply 193
Original post by asack
I live in Texas, so I guess that kind of far. Doubt I'll be making the drive :wink:

Whaaaaaat really?!?!

That's far! Will you not miss home? :tongue:
Reply 194
I'm just West of Oxford :smile: Google maps is saying 7-8 hours by car!
Reply 195
Original post by JakeE10
Whaaaaaat really?!?!

That's far! Will you not miss home? :tongue:

Nah man, I'm excited about the opprotunity. I have visited the UK and loved it there. I just interviewed for a job today (company based out of London) if I don't get it I will for sure be going to Dundee.
Not quite sure which one I'm more excited about.
Original post by JakeE10
Ahhh that's far! Is dundee where you want to go? :smile:

St Andrews and Edinburgh are my first choices, Dundee is my fourth :-)
What about you?
Reply 197
Original post by JakeE10
where's everyone applying to Dundee from? I'm from Manchester, so it's about 5 hours from here! quite a long way!! Anybody else applying from 4/5 hours away or more?!

I've applied for Physics and I live in Weymouth which is basically as far down the country as you can get! :smile:
Reply 198
I applied for Digital Interaction Design and Art and Design at Dundee about 30 minutes ago. It's my first choice, think I might have trouble getting in as I'm a mature student and have been out of full time education for 3 years.
Reply 199
Original post by Lambiscon
I applied for Digital Interaction Design and Art and Design at Dundee about 30 minutes ago. It's my first choice, think I might have trouble getting in as I'm a mature student and have been out of full time education for 3 years.

Aw my friend applied to Digital Interaction Design aswell, i think its here first choice too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest