Dundee Applicants 2012!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Anyone definitely firming Dundee? :smile:

I might decline leeds in order to firm dundee if i like it :tongue:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by Crêpe
I heard back a few days ago, so I hope it won't take too long for you.

On my Dmail it says that the visiting days are the following:
Friday 9 March
Saturday 24 March
Wednesday 18 April 2012

Thank you! I just had a sudden urge to check track and it's been updated.....conditional for Dundee!! :biggrin: :biggrin: I could not be happier!

Original post by JakeE10
Anyone definitely firming Dundee? :smile:

I might decline leeds in order to firm dundee if i like it :tongue:

Me!! I'm definately firming Dundee, I'm going to hold off until I get all my replies though as I'm 99% sure I want to go to Dundee but want to be really sure!

x.x
Reply 502
Original post by All-That-Glitters
Thank you! I just had a sudden urge to check track and it's been updated.....conditional for Dundee!! :biggrin: :biggrin: I could not be happier!

Me!! I'm definately firming Dundee, I'm going to hold off until I get all my replies though as I'm 99% sure I want to go to Dundee but want to be really sure!

x.x

Congrats, mate. I got a conditional as well. I'm pretty sure I'll be going there, so perhaps we'll see each other there. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 503
Original post by JakeE10
I don't know whether it will be my firm or insurance either! Will be one of the two, where else do you have offers from?

You really from Weston super mare? How are you getting up to dundee then? It must be an 8 hour drive or so? :smile:

Ill be going to Bristol airport, and luckily enough for me the main reason why I applied to Dundee is because I have family who live there so it's easy enough for me :smile:. Getting picked up from Edinburgh airport so yeah haha. I think it would be a good idea to firm Dundee if you don't think you can meet your offer from Leeds because of accommodation wise. If you like Dundee enough and feel you'll meet your offer, you should save yourself the disappointment of sorting out accommodation last minute and not getting into halls etc! With regards to other Universities I'm either going to firm Royal Holloway or Dundee. Royal Holloway was absolutely amazing when I visited but don't want to firm until I see Dundee for myself as it may sway me haha.
Original post by Crêpe
Congrats, mate. I got a conditional as well. I'm pretty sure I'll be going there, so perhaps we'll see each other there. :smile:

Original post by Ocarinaoftime
I wish I could go to a visit day, however I've not received any offer/decision yet :frown:

Haha your sig reminded me of this, my friend (an Abertay student) made it back when Uni Memes were a thing.

Spoiler

Has anyone heard back from Child Nursing? Had my interview on 1st Feb and still nothing!
Reply 507
Come on Dundee! You've kept us waiting long enough!!!
Original post by Vitamin D
Haha your sig reminded me of this, my friend (an Abertay student) made it back when Uni Memes were a thing.

Spoiler

Ha! :biggrin: That's a good one :P
Reply 509
Saw Dundee today. Was really impressed!
Reply 510
Original post by Tanet
Saw Dundee today. Was really impressed!

Open day? :biggrin:
Reply 511
Original post by JakeE10
Open day? :biggrin:

Yup :smile:
Reply 512
Original post by Tanet
Yup :smile:

Which course? and did you get to see accommodation? If so which one?? :biggrin:
Reply 513
Original post by JakeE10
Which course? and did you get to see accommodation? If so which one?? :biggrin:

Bsc Psychology :smile:. Yeah we saw one, which I really can't remember the name of, sorry, but it was really nice. Some of the accommodations have plasma tv's lol. I was really impressed though, so I'm glad it's my insurance because I really wouldn't be disappointed if I ended up there. Plus everything is located together, everywhere is easily accessible, and some of the buildings are really nice :smile:.

The lecture theaters are actually better than my firm, and the actual lecturers are lovely too.
Just received an Unconditional for Architecture! :smile: Can't believe it!
Reply 515
Original post by rainbow1213
Just received an Unconditional for Architecture! :smile: Can't believe it!

congrats on the offer :biggrin:
Original post by Eoghan523
congrats on the offer :biggrin:

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 517
Maybe I wont be going to the open day on Sat. I would need to get a train at quarter past 6 in the morning and itll cost 50 quid :eek: Going to be firming Dundee anyway :biggrin:
Hi everyone!

I'm an international applicant.
I've applied to 5 universities in UK,including University of Dundee.
My choice at Dundee is Financial Economics.
My other choices (England) are similar(same field) and here they are:

QMUL
Manchester Uni
Warwick
Leeds

I'm having great trouble deciding which choice is the best.
I prefer Warwick,but I can't sort other choices.

I would be very grateful is someone can help me with comparing these universities(in Economics field of course)

Dundee ranks very well on international charts,but doesn't do great on mainstream UK ranking lists.

Also,I'm not quite sure about Dundee because conditional offer I received is not very demanding.
Actually,it is far less demanding in comparison with English offers I received.

On the other hand,I know a guy who studied Politics and International Relations at Dundee and he told me that Dundee is better than Manchester Uni or QMUL,even in Economics and Finance field.

Thanks in advance!!!
Reply 519
Original post by Black-Adder
Hi everyone!

I'm an international applicant.
I've applied to 5 universities in UK,including University of Dundee.
My choice at Dundee is Financial Economics.
My other choices (England) are similar(same field) and here they are:

QMUL
Manchester Uni
Warwick
Leeds

I'm having great trouble deciding which choice is the best.
I prefer Warwick,but I can't sort other choices.

I would be very grateful is someone can help me with comparing these universities(in Economics field of course)

Dundee ranks very well on international charts,but doesn't do great on mainstream UK ranking lists.

Also,I'm not quite sure about Dundee because conditional offer I received is not very demanding.
Actually,it is far less demanding in comparison with English offers I received.

On the other hand,I know a guy who studied Politics and International Relations at Dundee and he told me that Dundee is better than Manchester Uni or QMUL,even in Economics and Finance field.

Thanks in advance!!!

Yes I'm thinking of applying for Economics at Dundee through Extra and the grades are not very demanding.. Anyone know how the course is and how Dundee is? Because like you said Dundee is a good uni but not ranked very well in England..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending