The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee Applicants 2012!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Amy122
I applied for Geography F800 about a month ago, has anyone heard of people getting offers from Dundee? :smile:

I applied for Geography but L700 :smile:
I heard that they wait until the January deadline before giving out offers :unsure:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 41
Original post by JakeE10
Yes you're alright! I just looked at mine and it's blank too! I think they just assume you're applying as normal unless you opt for 2nd year (you'd have to put '2' or something where it says point of entry). So yeah, you're ok! When did you apply? :smile:

ive just applied yesterday wbu! also did u put ur as grades as pending because ur resitting?
Original post by JakeE10
Good luck :smile: When did you apply? where else have you applied too?

You too! :smile:, just a few days ago, my reference took agees haha!, ive applied for Geology & Physical Geography at Edinburgh, Microbiology at Glasgow and Geology at Aberdeen :smile:, what about you?
Reply 43
Original post by Caitlin_Healy
You too! :smile:, just a few days ago, my reference took agees haha!, ive applied for Geology & Physical Geography at Edinburgh, Microbiology at Glasgow and Geology at Aberdeen :smile:, what about you?

ahh cool! I take it you're from Scotland then? I've applied for German at Leeds and Aston, German and Business at Hull and Chester and International Business with German at dundee! :smile:

Got 1 offer up to now! (From chester).
Original post by JakeE10
ahh cool! I take it you're from Scotland then? I've applied for German at Leeds and Aston, German and Business at Hull and Chester and International Business with German at dundee! :smile:

Got 1 offer up to now! (From chester).

I am! Falkirk to be exact :smile:, ah awesome, languages are so hard, my brain just doesn't take them in haha! Wish you luck for your other unis!, what uni do you preferably want to go to? :smile:
Reply 45
I am! Falkirk to be exact :smile:, ah awesome, languages are so hard, my brain just doesn't take them in haha! Wish you luck for your other unis!, what uni do you preferably want to go to? :smile:

Well I want to go to Leeds, heard nothing from them yet!! Chester is my insurance up to now, unless i get an offer from Dundee. AND i've just got an offer from Aston tonight!! :biggrin: which is my firm unless i get an offer from Leeds!! and you? :smile:

I'm from Manchester if you wanted to know! haha, so a long way from Dundee but both my parents are from there!
Original post by JakeE10
Well I want to go to Leeds, heard nothing from them yet!! Chester is my insurance up to now, unless i get an offer from Dundee. AND i've just got an offer from Aston tonight!! :biggrin: which is my firm unless i get an offer from Leeds!! and you? :smile:

I'm from Manchester if you wanted to know! haha, so a long way from Dundee but both my parents are from there!

Cooool, and congrats! whats your offer? , when did you send your UCAS app away if you don't mind me asking?

My choices are in order lol, Dundee, Aberdeen, Edinburgh then Glasgow . My friend goes to Manchester uni, looks a nice city!, so your parents are Scottish, that's awesome!
Reply 47
Cooool, and congrats! whats your offer? , when did you send your UCAS app away if you don't mind me asking?

My choices are in order lol, Dundee, Aberdeen, Edinburgh then Glasgow . My friend goes to Manchester uni, looks a nice city!, so your parents are Scottish, that's awesome!

It's BBB :smile: And i sent it off on the 14th November (9 days ago). :smile:

cool, so dundee is your first choice? And yeah they're both scottish :smile:
Reply 48
Applied for History & International Relations ! Hope to get an offer soon :smile:
Original post by JakeE10
It's BBB :smile: And i sent it off on the 14th November (9 days ago). :smile:

cool, so dundee is your first choice? And yeah they're both scottish :smile:

Ohh they're replying quick!

Yeah it is , it's such a lovely friendly uni lol!
Reply 50
Original post by starstrukk
Psychology as an Art or Science? :smile:

I'm going for MA Psychology - my school is awful, still waiting on my reference, hope to have it sent away by Friday though :smile:

Psychology as a Science! :-) I really did like the look of both their courses though. Yeah I had to nag my college to get mine sent off quickly. I've been given two offers already but still waiting on Dundee and Leeds, have a feeling they'll both be waiting a while haha :-(
Reply 51
Original post by dmr
Psychology as a Science! :-) I really did like the look of both their courses though. Yeah I had to nag my college to get mine sent off quickly. I've been given two offers already but still waiting on Dundee and Leeds, have a feeling they'll both be waiting a while haha :-(

Aw okay! Where have you got offers from? :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by starstrukk
Aw okay! Where have you got offers from? :smile:

Royal Holloway and Plymouth :biggrin:, where else have you applied? ^_^
Original post by Alice.
I've applied for Geography - L700 :smile:

I'm a first year on the MA course, it's great :yep:! I wish you luck!

For anyone wondering, I didn't get my offer until around the end of February. My friend got an offer for English earlier than that, though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
I'm sending off my application next week, applying for politics and international relations :biggrin: I loved the open day, its my first choice :biggrin:
Applied for History :smile:
Reply 56
It says on the website that they're not giving out offers until January, is this true?!
Reply 57
Applying for Politics and IR :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by Morgana
Applying for Politics and IR :smile:

Me too!! :biggrin: It looks like a great course, where else are you applying?
Reply 59
Original post by JakeE10
It says on the website that they're not giving out offers until January, is this true?!

I've applied to neuroscience and I know that for my course (and I think any other life-sciences) they don't make any offers until after February :frown: So i think maybe they are waiting to get everyone's applications in or something

Quick Reply

Latest