The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee Applicants 2012!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I think I was just accepted to Dundee for 2012. I haven't received word from the university yet but I received an email from UKPASS that my status had changed. I figured it meant that they had received all my documents. However, When I logged on it said I had an unconditional offer, which I of course accepted.

I'm from the US, so all of this has been a bit daunting. So excited!
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 161
Anyone else get that email about A-level students being considered for 2nd year entry? :s-smilie: anyone know anything about it?
Reply 162
Original post by asack
I think I was just accepted to Dundee for 2012. I haven't received word from the university yet but I received an email from UKPASS that my status had changed. I figured it meant that they had received all my documents. However, When I logged on it said I had an unconditional offer, which I of course accepted.

I'm from the US, so all of this has been a bit daunting. So excited!

Congratulations!!! What course did you apply for?
Reply 163
Original post by Alt__x
Congratulations!!! What course did you apply for?

Thanks!

I applied for 'Energy Studies specialization in Oil and Gad Economics'...... I need to find a better way of shortening that down!

do you go to Dundee?
Original post by mezlande

Anyone else get that email about A-level students being considered for 2nd year entry? :s-smilie: anyone know anything about it?

yehh this happened to me, sying i woulld need chemistty and biology to gt onto year two, and i don't do chem :frown:, science course???
I've rand ucas and changed my option to glasgow instead :smile:
Reply 165
Original post by asack
Thanks!

I applied for 'Energy Studies specialization in Oil and Gad Economics'...... I need to find a better way of shortening that down!

do you go to Dundee?

Wow!!!

No, I've applied for Politics and International Relations, really want an offer!!!
Reply 166
Original post by 05dochertyf
yehh this happened to me, sying i woulld need chemistty and biology to gt onto year two, and i don't do chem :frown:, science course???

Yeah, if I'm honest I only really considered Dundee properly when I got the email (Glasgow's my first choice). But I took both sciences so if I'm eligable then I might consider it - for fees' sake :P Did you apply for Aberdeen too? 'cause they have the exact same grade requirements but don't seem to be offering the same deal... :/

Yeah, if I'm honest I only really considered Dundee properly when I got the email (Glasgow's my first choice). But I took both sciences so if I'm eligable then I might consider it - for fees' sake :P Did you apply for Aberdeen too? 'cause they have the exact same grade requirements but don't seem to be offering the same deal... :/

I thought i would end up there realistically, was hoping to put liverpool as my firm and dundee as my insurance, what do you mean? Is Dundee cheaper or something, i've not even looked into that yet! ahaa,

No i've not applied, it's abit to far from home for me :frown:, i think you have the option anywhere, you just had to put entry point two on ucas, you could try ringing them and see if they can consider you for it instead :smile:?
Hello everyone! :] I'm from Bulgaria and have applied for BSc Economics still waiting for an offer. Is there anyone who may give me some information about the reputation, quality, satisfaction, city etc. i'll be really grateful. thank you in advance and good luck everyone :].
Reply 169
Original post by Momchi Nasvadi
Hello everyone! :] I'm from Bulgaria and have applied for BSc Economics still waiting for an offer. Is there anyone who may give me some information about the reputation, quality, satisfaction, city etc. i'll be really grateful. thank you in advance and good luck everyone :].

Heya, i also applied for eco and haven't heard anything yet :

-Satisfied with Course : 81% (very good)
-Satisfied with teaching : 82 % (very good)

Rank 22/70 (also very good)
Reply 170
All the world rankings I've seen of Univeristies, Dundee is always top 200 and on one it was top 100. Which is really good. It seems there is a bias towards American Universities though.
Reply 171

I had this :frown: I don't do bio and now need it! What were you applying for?

Can you go straight through UCAS? I thought I had to let Dundee know and then once they'd cancelled my application I'd be able to reapply through UCAS.
Original post by Josiea

Original post by Josiea
I had this :frown: I don't do bio and now need it! What were you applying for?

Can you go straight through UCAS? I thought I had to let Dundee know and then once they'd cancelled my application I'd be able to reapply through UCAS.

Ahh, we're probably opposites! Anatomical science, it sounded so much better there than other places too :frown:!

Ahh i don't know, there was deffinatly an option on ucas to put seconed year as your point of entry, but you might have had to contact the uni first or something :smile:? My email said, if i hadn't withdrawn within two weeks they would automatically consider me for second year entry :smile:
Reply 173
Ahh, we're probably opposites! Anatomical science, it sounded so much better there than other places too :frown:!

Ahh i don't know, there was deffinatly an option on ucas to put seconed year as your point of entry, but you might have had to contact the uni first or something :smile:? My email said, if i hadn't withdrawn within two weeks they would automatically consider me for second year entry :smile:

I know they're very annoying :frown:
Yeah they said that in mine too but they were shut until yesterday and when I phoned she said nobody was in who could answer my questions and she'd put the deadline on hold for me luckily!
So have you applied somewhere else instead?
Reply 174
Original post by Josiea

Original post by Josiea
I know they're very annoying :frown:
Yeah they said that in mine too but they were shut until yesterday and when I phoned she said nobody was in who could answer my questions and she'd put the deadline on hold for me luckily!
So have you applied somewhere else instead?

I received the same email and talked to the admissions people today. They've told me that now to get into second year - even though they will consider our applications with a BBB prediction, the lowest conditional offer will be: ABB. :frown: Don't know what to do now!

Is anyone still thinking off applying for second year? I'm worried about starting university when everyone else knows each other! :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 175
Original post by Sarah6040
I received the same email and talked to the admissions people today. They've told me that now to get into second year - even though they will consider our applications with a BBB prediction, the lowest conditional offer will be: ABB. :frown: Don't know what to do now!

Is anyone still thinking off applying for second year? I'm worried about starting university when everyone else knows each other! :s-smilie:

I know I noticed that on the website today!!

I'm not going to apply, only because I don't have the required subjects now. I would have done if I could though! But it will only be the Scottish/International students who already know each other because all English students will have entered into the second year with you :smile:
Original post by Josiea
I know I noticed that on the website today!!

I'm not going to apply, only because I don't have the required subjects now. I would have done if I could though! But it will only be the Scottish/International students who already know each other because all English students will have entered into the second year with you :smile:

Not all English students enter into second year, I know quite a few in first year with me.
Reply 177
Any applicants for life sciences? I'm a fresher and would be happy to answer any question you guys have.

Oh and I had no idea they were discontinuing anatomy! : ( Im doing anatomical and physiological sciences.
Reply 178
Original post by Vitamin D
Not all English students enter into second year, I know quite a few in first year with me.

They've changed it for our year of entry so all A level students have to enter into second year (at least for life sciences courses)
Reply 179
Original post by Josiea
They've changed it for our year of entry so all A level students have to enter into second year (at least for life sciences courses)

There's a lot of english life science freshers this year, so thats a shame. I think missing first year of uni, you miss all the fun of being a fresher, its straight into the hard-core stuff

Quick Reply