The Student Room Group

Will I look tarty if I wear this?

Scroll to see replies

i think it looks fine, but if you are unsure... maybe wear with tights
x
Reply 41
Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
It's gorgeous and classy, just make sure it fits OK, you want to be comfy!

Thanks, i need to make sure I lose 8 pounds but i virtually have to restrict myself.

I have considered Beyonce's cayenne pepper diet but I can't survive on liquids. I think I should eat oranges and apples.
Reply 42
Love that dress :h:

It doesnt look tarty, someone suggested a blazer, that could come in handy if everyone else is dressed a little boring and you want to dull down a bit. It's a gorgeous dress as it is, it'll definitely impress.
I really like it. It's pretty. If that's what tarty is these days...I must be a proper tart. Which I'm not. I promise. :ninja:
Reply 44
I don't like the dress. I feel a bit weird because everyone else seems to like it.
Reply 45
Original post by tsrstar
Love that dress :h:

It doesnt look tarty, someone suggested a blazer, that could come in handy if everyone else is dressed a little boring and you want to dull down a bit. It's a gorgeous dress as it is, it'll definitely impress.

Oh thanks, I will definitely have to buy a blazer. I think Debenhams had nice beige ones a while back and so did H&M, hopefully I can find one somewhere.
Reply 46
Original post by lyrical_lie
I really like it. It's pretty. If that's what tarty is these days...I must be a proper tart. Which I'm not. I promise. :ninja:

Thanks.

Oh I love your sig, I really want to get the original disney version of Alice in Wonderland. I loved it so much as a kid.
Reply 47
Original post by Stanza
I don't like the dress. I feel a bit weird because everyone else seems to like it.

What's your style of dressing? Girly? Athletic? Classic? Trendy?
Reply 48
Original post by babygirl110
What's your style of dressing? Girly? Athletic? Classic? Trendy?

I don't really fit into any style, I tend to just wear whatever I like or looks nice. I like to think, a bit of everything.
470 quid...on a dress. Not even a exceptionally special dress, a rather average dress. Insane.

No its not tarty, though a tad short IMO. Depends how tall you are.
It's a really nice dress, maybe with black or nude heels? Hope the night goes well! :smile:
Nope..that dress isn't 'tarty' at all.

The price on the other hand :erm:...
Its a very lovely dress, and blue is may favorite color. And İ understand that you want to be able to wear it by Christmas which will mean loosing weight. But there are points you should consider so that you loose the weight safely.

If you are used to eating a certain amount of food every day, when you start to deprive your body of those carbs, and nutrients, you may start to loose your energy gradually and eventually you will crash or binge. For your sake, speak to a nutritionist to find out the best way for you personally (your BMI will help determine this) to loose 8 pounds in such a short time.

Also, keep in mind that while you may loose the pounds and be lighter, but your bust and hip measurements are pretty much set. to change those would mean making your chest and hips more narrow(or alter breast size). So keep that in mind if the dress you have is still a bit tight when you put it on.
Reply 53
It depends on what kind of party it is you are going to. If it's a bit formal then maybe wear it with tights, but if it is just a normal work Christmas party then just go bare legged. It's not tarty at all.
How much? ****ing hell... :erm:

As you are petite you could get away with the length but obviously wear a jacket if you feel a lil too busty with it on and wear black opaques if you are cold.
Reply 55
Original post by I<3LAMP
How much? ****ing hell... :erm:

As you are petite you could get away with the length but obviously wear a jacket if you feel a lil too busty with it on and wear black opaques if you are cold.

It cost way more when I got it in 2009.

Do you think nude/bare sheer tights would be OK?
I have wanted that dress forever. I wouldn't say it's tarty at all, I am jealous that you had the money to buy it though. I love Preen. If only.
You look like a tart with all those men behind you.

Joke
Anyone who thinks that dress is too tarty must be a bit of a prude IMHO.
Reply 59
It's not too tarty so if you can lose that weight healthily you should be fine. If you can't, plenty of nice dresses in Tesco that cost less than £20. Or New Look, if you don't like the whole fashion from supermarkets thing.

Edit: although if you bring the three guys with you, you may look tarty. Don't do that.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest