The Student Room Group

Is Mathematics With Computer Science A Good Course At University?

Hi,

I want to do Computer Science at university :biggrin:.

I do Computing at A2, which is a bonus and I also do Mathematics.

I like them both and want to do a degree in 'Mathematics With Computer Science'.

However, I don't want to do something which will not have good career prospects or something that is too boring.

I am currently predicted BBB at A2 OR 300 UCAS Points OR 340 UCAS Points (AS Grade included).

The two universities that offer this course from my five choices are the 'University Of Kent' & 'Brunel University'.

Someone, who has preferably done this course tell me what it is like and what careers I can head into.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hey I'm applying for the same subject and Kent and Brunel are in my choices :biggrin:
Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by ldvico
Hey I'm applying for the same subject and Kent and Brunel are in my choices :biggrin:
Best of luck!

Yh Same. Thanks
I am doing a Masters in Maths and Computer Science at Loughborough. I'm currently in my first year, I don't know about other unis obviously, but at Loughborough I'm currently doing four modules in Maths and one in Computer Science in my first semester and then three in maths and two in computer science in my second semester. The Computer Science stuff is pretty easy, even if you are learning from scratch, the first year for me is mostly bringing your maths skills up to university level.

Also I've been told by employers at career fairs that graduates with this degree are highly employable, it is incredibly rare for a computer science grad to not have a job after graduation (of course you do need a decent grade at the end of it all).
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest