The Student Room Group
I think Queen Mary is 10th in the UK for medicine, but if you're looking at London I suggest you look at Imperial College, Kings, UCL or even Oxbridge. Though QM is number 1 for dentistry. http://education.guardian.co.uk/universityguide2005/table/0,,-5163909,00.html
Reply 2
Act i think the latest QAA assesment put st georges top in london, but really its generally accpeted that where you do the degree doesnt affect job prospects, and ive read many medical students tear apart the idea of a 'better' medical school. I would suggest your sister looks for the kind of course and location that suits her best.
Reply 3
Oxbridge are in London ... ? :wink:

Please tell your sister not to base her choices on their positions in league tables. These vary greatly according to which publication you believe and indeed which year you're looking at. By the time she joins/leaves medical school, it is likely that the ranking will have jumped about all over the table. Tables have a rather (in my opinion) arbitary set of criteria - there must be at least as many definitions of "best university/course" as there are applicants for Higher Education.

All the places that offer medicine have very good courses with very good reputation, it's very different to other courses in that respect. Your sister needs to choose the place that's best for her. Would she like Problem Based Learning or a more lecture based course? Would she like lots of patient contact from the first year or a very strongly science-orientated first few years? Would she like to live in a large city? At a campus university?

Sorry to rant, I just have rather an allergic reaction to league tables!
Reply 4
The one that offers you a place.

Latest

Trending

Trending