The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University Official Representative

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alyslouise0912
beginning to get incredibly concerned that I haven't heard anything off the accommodation department, I know a lot of people have been told where they'll be living if they get accepted however my application for accommodation has been 'processing' since April & I applied February 26th..

Original post by neymarFanboy
mine is still processing too 😔

Original post by awright87
Same for me also, their process seems pretty strange

I'm certain nothing fishy is going on, just the accommodation team struggling to deal with the amount of applications submitted. If you're really concerned send an email to: [email protected]

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Aston University
Sorry to hear about that,

However you have taken the correct course of action. Hopefully they'll give you a swift response and a happy answer.

Good luck!

Josh

I haven't received a reply yet. Would they ever ignore someone?
Original post by Proxenus
I haven't received a reply yet. Would they ever ignore someone?

Usually not,

Our accommodation team work pretty fastidiously, however it is worth checking as there is always the option for the 0.1% of human error, if you're feeling antsy get in touch, otherwise sit tight and you'll hopefully hear soon.

Josh
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi Aston. I'm predicted an BBC for A levels and wanting to study Business Management at Aston which requires like AAB-ABB. Firstly will i get accepted even though i know i can get higher grades than my predicted grades (are you flexible or harsh with your grades) and secondly do you accept ucas tariff points for this course because i have already got one A level which is a C so would you accept points from this or do you not accept by the tariff points, if you do on what conditions do you do this by? I want to know this as i really want to apply with you so should i apply and will i get accepted or will this be a waste of a choice if i get rejected. Thank you.
Reply 344
you'll get in Aston are pretty lenient just as long as your personal statement is good... they'll let you in with 300 UCAS points.. i go to Aston and do BAM.
I've just got a rejection email from Aston, is it possible to call up on results day and apply if I do better than my predicted grades, are they likely to accept?
Sorry for missing you guys, i normally keep an eye on the official ask Aston thread which is stickied at the top:

Original post by Megan4784
Hi Aston. I'm predicted an BBC for A levels and wanting to study Business Management at Aston which requires like AAB-ABB. Firstly will i get accepted even though i know i can get higher grades than my predicted grades (are you flexible or harsh with your grades) and secondly do you accept ucas tariff points for this course because i have already got one A level which is a C so would you accept points from this or do you not accept by the tariff points, if you do on what conditions do you do this by? I want to know this as i really want to apply with you so should i apply and will i get accepted or will this be a waste of a choice if i get rejected. Thank you.

Unfortunately with this type of question i can only provide hyperbole, the best course of action is to contact the admissions department associated with our business and management course: [email protected]

Original post by Shreyagand98
I've just got a rejection email from Aston, is it possible to call up on results day and apply if I do better than my predicted grades, are they likely to accept?

Sorry to hear that, we do indeed welcome applications from anyone during clearing providing you're holding the necessary grades. Better luck come the summer. :smile:
Reply 347
I was just wondering about the placement year on the accounting for management course. on the website the university lists some great companies that students have previously had placements at. I wanted to ask whether some of these placements are more probable if applying from Aston university or if there available to all students? and what role does Aston university play in the application process?
Original post by RMAh
I was just wondering about the placement year on the accounting for management course. on the website the university lists some great companies that students have previously had placements at. I wanted to ask whether some of these placements are more probable if applying from Aston university or if there available to all students? and what role does Aston university play in the application process?

Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply, i usually monitor the stickied Ask Aston Thread. I'm sure you will understand there is no exclusivity with employers to only take our students on for placement opportunities. But being at Aston there are a few unique factors that may help you in this process.

1) The fact that a placement year is universally offered, some courses at different institutions may only offer three years and you may not actually be able to do a placement year.

2) Because our placement years are universal we have a dedicated infrastructure to them and a central careers service which will offer you tailored help with the placement application process along with wider careers advice.

3) Certain employers may value a track record of taking Aston student year after year and feel that coming from Aston is a certain stamp of quality.

Josh
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello,

I am predicted BBB at a level from business, geography and media. I have recently received an offer from Aston University on conditions that i meet ABB at a level. This may be possible for me but it is also possible that i could miss the grades slightly. I have firmed Aston and i was wondering if there is a chance that i could still get accepted onto the course with BBB. The course i have applied to is Business & International Relations - which i observed went into clearing last year for BCC over a period of time. Does this mean that the course usually has places left. I am pretty worried and have done quite a bit of research regarding this as Aston has been the university I've wanted to attend since i started year 10!

I have also done work experience with RBS and i have a part time job working with children at my local primary school. I have also part taken in extra curricular activities in my college.
I got a rejection from Aston saying that I don't meet the entry requirement I am predicted ABB from 2 a levels and 1 as and already have another as qualification Aston say that they would consider GCSE grades if you don't have the full 3 a levels but equivalent surely Aston university has done this with a few of their students.My friend got in to aston with lesser qualifications yet is a student at Aston university.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hannahasla
I got a rejection from Aston saying that I don't meet the entry requirement I am predicted ABB from 2 a levels and 1 as and already have another as qualification Aston say that they would consider GCSE grades if you don't have the full 3 a levels but equivalent surely Aston university has done this with a few of their students.My friend got in to aston with lesser qualifications yet is a student at Aston university.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately i can't speculate on the admissions process or any decisions made, your best course of action is to contact the admissions department linked to the course you applied for. They will be more than happy to discuss your application.

Josh
Reply 352
Hi Josh,
I've been invited to pharmacy applicants open day and interviews, I know they didn't do interviews so I have no idea what to expect. Could you please explain what is meant by a '10 min informal interview' and what to expect
Thanks
Original post by atj
Hi Josh,
I've been invited to pharmacy applicants open day and interviews, I know they didn't do interviews so I have no idea what to expect. Could you please explain what is meant by a '10 min informal interview' and what to expect
Thanks

Hi,
I'm Lauren and I deal with the Pharmacy applications at Aston.

The interview will be one-to-one with a member of the Pharmacy teaching staff, they will ask you 2 or 3 questions relating to Pharmacy, or perhaps what you are studying at the moment. You can then ask them any questions you may have.

Its a small part of the Applicant Visit Day along with other sessions, so try not to worry too much about it, easier said than done I know!

All the best for your interview; I look forward to meeting you on the day.
Lauren
Reply 354
Hi,
I'm Lauren and I deal with the Pharmacy applications at Aston.

The interview will be one-to-one with a member of the Pharmacy teaching staff, they will ask you 2 or 3 questions relating to Pharmacy, or perhaps what you are studying at the moment. You can then ask them any questions you may have.

Its a small part of the Applicant Visit Day along with other sessions, so try not to worry too much about it, easier said than done I know!

All the best for your interview; I look forward to meeting you on the day.
Lauren

Hi Aston, do you happen to know the actual date for mbiol biological sciences applicant day? I got letters and emails from the university but I can't seem to find the exact date.
Original post by jesuisfinio
Hi Aston, do you happen to know the actual date for mbiol biological sciences applicant day? I got letters and emails from the university but I can't seem to find the exact date.

Hi,

The deadline to apply to the current applicant days closed on the 15th of this month, these will be taking place in February. However keep your eye out for another invite late this week, early next week as more will be taking place in the future.

Josh :smile:
Hi,

The deadline to apply to the current applicant days closed on the 15th of this month, these will be taking place in February. However keep your eye out for another invite late this week, early next week as more will be taking place in the future.

Josh :smile:

Thank you!!
Hi,
I received a conditional offer from Aston (absolutely over the moon) on the 22nd January but I was just wondering when I would receive an email/letter regarding information about the applicant visit day.

Thanks,
Sunil
Original post by sunnyp98
Hi,
I received a conditional offer from Aston (absolutely over the moon) on the 22nd January but I was just wondering when I would receive an email/letter regarding information about the applicant visit day.

Thanks,
Sunil

Hi Sunil,

You will no doubt be invited to an applicant day soon, however when these are vary from course to course, the best plan of action is to contact the admissions team related to the course you have applied to. :smile:

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest