Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University Official Representative

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by mezzan
Hey bud i have just got my offer for aston i needed AAB
i ended up getting a BBB and they accepted me :smile:
Althout i was 3 ums off an A on two of the exams and 2 ums marks of the other one :smile:

Haha very similar position bro was put on a waiting list. Except I have applied for priority remark. Congrats.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by XO*
Haha very similar position bro was put on a waiting list. Except I have applied for priority remark. Congrats.

Yeah i looked at my track at exactly 8 and they had already accepted me. Ive put in priority remarks for all my subjects just so i can see if i can scrape those 3 ums to get my As. congrats to you too :biggrin: what you doing in aston then?
Original post by Ndawha1
I am an international student, got the offer but my grades werent good enough to get the offer,
Aston asked for 300 ucas points and i got 200 points
cAlled and waited so long and they told me finally that since it says unsuccessful then nothing they can do
i have always wanted Aston
please what can i do?
:frown:

Hi Ndawha1,

If you have not already checked out the clearing vacancies on our website and called up the hotline then please do.

If you have already spoken to our clearing hotline and they have said that they cannot admit you then unfortunately there is nothing that we can do for you.

I would encourage you to keep trying, retake your exams and reapply next year.

Hope that helps.
Original post by JakeE10
Hi Karen,

I was accepted into aston university yesterday (BSc German), however i have looked at what's in clearing at aston and there is a course which appeals to me lots (International Business and German)... is it possible to enquire about another course which is in clearing to see if you can swap??? or is this not possible??

The reason why i didnt originally apply for this course which is now in clearing was because the entry requirements were a little too high but they have now been lowered for clearing....

cheers :biggrin:

Hi JakeE10,

Please call the clearing hotline on 0121 204 4444 and they will be able to advise you as to whether this is possible.
Original post by BiologicalFreak
What's biomedical science like at Aston? I have an offer form there but am not sure.

Hi BiologicalFreak,

Hear from one of our students about her placement year on her Biomedical Science course.

http://www1.aston.ac.uk/lhs/postgraduate-study/students/biomedical-science/biomedical-placement/

Aston is a great place to study and we will do our very best to make sure you have the time of your life at Aston, should you chose to come here.
Reply 105
Original post by Aston University
Hi JakeE10,

Please call the clearing hotline on 0121 204 4444 and they will be able to advise you as to whether this is possible.

Thanks for the reply.

On the website it says they now want grades BBB. I have BBC but the C was just a few UMS marks from the next grade. Do you think it's worth ringing up and trying?

Thanks again
Reply 106
Original post by JakeE10
Thanks for the reply.

On the website it says they now want grades BBB. I have BBC but the C was just a few UMS marks from the next grade. Do you think it's worth ringing up and trying?

Thanks again

Nothing to lose and all to gain... so ring and find out!
Reply 107
Yayyy found out I'm officially going to Aston today, I need a 9 digit Student number in order to register for accommodation, will I get this soon or should I ring up now? really want to see if I can get in the new buildings :smile: Also if anyone is doing Biomedical science, feel free to talk to me as I'm moving from Newcastle and a little apprehensive about moving so far away on my own!

Sara
Original post by shenava94
Yayyy found out I'm officially going to Aston today, I need a 9 digit Student number in order to register for accommodation, will I get this soon or should I ring up now? really want to see if I can get in the new buildings :smile: Also if anyone is doing Biomedical science, feel free to talk to me as I'm moving from Newcastle and a little apprehensive about moving so far away on my own!

Sara

Hi Sara,

Congratulations on gaining a place at Aston! You should receive your student number soon but feel free to call up the accommodation dept if you would like to enquire about the new build.

Check out the new students section of our website to make sure you are fully informed for freshers week in September http://www.aston.ac.uk/new-students

There is also a forum on our facebook page where you can meet your coursemates and flatmates http://on.fb.me/PTZ1sq

hi is it true that the internet costs for 2012-13 will only be £10 for the whole year??
Original post by shenava94

Sara

hi
i startin biomed in oct too. moving from north wales and am really nervous too. Im a mature student too so thatll be interesting !! im sure u will be fine. first semester will be the worst but we'll all settle in quickly im sure!
Reply 111
Original post by cathjones28

hi is it true that the internet costs for 2012-13 will only be £10 for the whole year??

I heard this too but not sure if it's true! Hope it is like :biggrin:

Can somebody confirm this???
Original post by JakeE10
I heard this too but not sure if it's true! Hope it is like :biggrin:

Can somebody confirm this???

Read it is from a current student. I wouldn't get your hopes up too much though cos the service wasn't exceptional.
Reply 113
Can anybody tell me about Lakeside accommodation? Got an offer for it. How nice is it? Anything tips on what to bring on moving in?
Reply 114
Original post by XO*
Can anybody tell me about Lakeside accommodation? Got an offer for it. How nice is it? Anything tips on what to bring on moving in?

For a fresher or final year student?
Reply 115
Original post by cathjones28
hi
i startin biomed in oct too. moving from north wales and am really nervous too. Im a mature student too so thatll be interesting !! im sure u will be fine. first semester will be the worst but we'll all settle in quickly im sure!

Yeh I will be fine, just gonna miss all my family. But I wont be the only one. I'm really really excited aswell! Birminhgam looks like a nice place to live :smile:
Reply 116
Original post by H.JJJ
For a fresher or final year student?

Fresher.
Original post by XO*

Hi XO,

On our New Students' website you'll find some tips on what to bring (and what not to bring!) when you move in: http://www1.aston.ac.uk/new-student/moving/bring/

There's also more general help and advice on moving in and settling in (timetables, finding your way around etc): http://www1.aston.ac.uk/new-student/moving/

Let us know if you have any questions
Reply 118
Original post by mezzan
Yeah i looked at my track at exactly 8 and they had already accepted me. Ive put in priority remarks for all my subjects just so i can see if i can scrape those 3 ums to get my As. congrats to you too :biggrin: what you doing in aston then?

Busienss & Management, what about you?? What accommodation you planning on staying in?
Reply 119
ive heard that you get free contact lenses when you do optometry, is that true? it would save me a bombbb

Quick Reply