Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University Official Representative

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Aston University
Hi Lil-Jani,

As JakeE10 said, it can take 2-3 weeks for your offer to come through, and it is definitely worth checking your junk box, then adding us to your "safe senders" list.

Good luck - I hope you get your offer!

thankyou very much. Yep i recieved my offer :colondollar:
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 161
Original post by Lil-Jani
thankyou very much. Yep i recieved my offer :colondollar:

Firm it :wink:
Reply 162
Original post by JakeE10
Firm it :wink:

Yep i did firm it :biggrin:
Reply 163
I've applied to do psychology at Aston, they've given me an offer and I really want to go there next year but its for AAB and I just want how lenient Aston are regarding grades? I'm predicted acc
Original post by Lil-Jani
Yep i recieved my offer :colondollar:

Congratulations - hopefully we'll see you on campus in September!

In the meantime you can keep up to date with what's going on at Aston on Facebook and Twitter.
Original post by sali3
I've applied to do psychology at Aston, they've given me an offer and I really want to go there next year but its for AAB and I just want how lenient Aston are regarding grades? I'm predicted acc

Hi Sali3, in order to guarantee your place on the course you would need to achieve the actual offer.

In general, when an applicant has made us their firm choice, but has slightly missed their offer grades, it is sometimes possible for us to carefully reconsider their application on results day and accept them. Sorry for the italics, but I do want to stress that this is dependent on many factors (which course you're applying for, how many applicants it's had that year, how much you missed your offer by etc etc).

I would suggest you contact a member of the Life & Health Sciences admissions team, who will be able to give you an answer more specific to your circumstances and course: 0121 204 4097

Good luck with your studies.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 166
Any idea when I will recieve a response for my computer science application?
The confirmation email said a few weeks and I recieved a confirmation from the department as well but It has been almost 4 weeks now since I sent my application.
Hi Wubby,

It takes a couple of weeks for us to receive your application from UCAS, and then a couple of weeks for us to consider your application (and all the other applications!). You should hear back from us soon.
Hi,

I applied about 3 weeks ago the do Biological Sciences, and meet the requirements with my predicted grades. However, I'm going to be 17 at enrolment, and turn 18 in late November, and got an email today asking to fill in a form for parental permission.

Do you think they'll be any less likely to accept me due to my age?

Thank you
Jack :smile:
Original post by jackmackalack
Hi,

I applied about 3 weeks ago the do Biological Sciences, and meet the requirements with my predicted grades. However, I'm going to be 17 at enrolment, and turn 18 in late November, and got an email today asking to fill in a form for parental permission.

Do you think they'll be any less likely to accept me due to my age?

Thank you
Jack :smile:

Hi Jack,

No, I don't anticipate this will make any difference to your application. As you will be a "minor" (under 18) when you start your course, we will need the parental permission form though.

Good luck with your exams and hopefully we'll see you on campus for Freshers' Week 2013!
Reply 170
Hi :smile:
My predicted grades are A*CC and the grades I need in order to study at Aston is ABB.
Say if I was to achieve A*BC at A Level would I still be accepted to study at Aston? and would I still eligible for the Aston Excellence Scholarship?
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi Tiyaaa, thanks for your question.

Unfortunately I can't answer the question about your grades. Your best bet is to contact an Admissions tutor for the course you are thinking of applying for. You can find their contact details on each course webpage / prospectus page.

I'm afraid to say that with A*BC you would not be eligible for an Excellence Scholarship. You can find a list of the eligible grades on our website.
Reply 172
Finally got an offer for economics and management. Now just to get the grades :rolleyes:
Received an unconditional offer today for Business and Management. very excited as its my first choice and didn't think you'd accept me! Woooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bdavies06
Received an unconditional offer today for Business and Management. very excited as its my first choice and didn't think you'd accept me! Woooo

Original post by bristew
Finally got an offer for economics and management. Now just to get the grades :rolleyes:

Congratulations to you both! Work hard, and we hope to see you on campus this September for Freshers' Week 2013!

In the meantime you can keep up-to-date with what's happening at Aston by following us on Facebook and Twitter.

Are you aware of our undergraduate scholarship scheme? We estimate that over 65% of our UK students will be eligible for at least one of our scholarships, worth between £1,000 and £8,000 in total over the length of your course.

If you have any questions about the Uni, Birmingham or your course, just let us know.

Good luck with your A Levels!
If the conditional offer is AAB, and the course is in clearing for BBB. Would AAC be accepted?
Reply 176
Original post by 16dan2life
If the conditional offer is AAB, and the course is in clearing for BBB. Would AAC be accepted?

No one can say whether you'll be accepted or not if you miss the grades. It depends on a number of things, such as how many people met the offer, how many people missed it, whether they feel your application is strong enough despite slightly missing the offer etc. I marginally missed my offer and was still accepted onto the course but that doesn't mean to say the same will happen for person X.
Original post by 16dan2life

Hi 16dan2life

We can only guarantee your place if you meet your offer. However, each year we are able to give places to some students who slightly missed their expected grades. This depends on several factors including how many places are left on the course, how far away your grades are from your original offer, your personal statement etc.

We get applicants' A Level results before the Thursday Results Day. People who meet their offer are guaranteed their place, then, as I described above, we look at applicants who just missed their offer, then, on results day, we start looking at Clearing applicants.

Good luck with your studies. If you do manage to get AAB, you'll be eligible for an Excellence Scholarship worth up to £4,000!

Hope this answers your question!
Hi there,

For current students, do we still get a bursary or has that been scrapped? And when should i expect the letter to arrive?

thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Hello.

I wonder about Languages for all. It's written that it's free for students who pay fee. So those who get student's loan can't attend language courses for free?

Quick Reply

Latest