The Student Room Group

PwC Risk Assurance (ACA) or KPMG Risk FS (CFA/CISI)

Any advice on the following would be much appreciated.

Basically, as a future science grad (2012), I have the following Big Four graduate offers in London:

PwC Risk Assurance (ACA) / KPMG Risk Financial Services (CFA/CISI)

Given that I have no background in Accountancy or Risk, which would you recommend? I have been given the impression that the ACA is very difficult and the CISI is slightly easier, but maybe slightly less respected? Is the CFA an option that I should consider?

In terms of PwC vs KPMG, what are your general impressions. Salary and benefits are similar at both, although KPMG's office in Canary Wharf was easy on the eye to say the least.

At PwC I have put my choice down as London Top Tier (LTT) whereas KPMG I will be working in FS.... any thoughts?

I am trying not to show my preference at the moment so others can comment. Any opinions would be brilliant! I am more than happy to share interview advice and notes I have formed etc...
Reply 1
If KPMG offer to pay and give time off for CFA then take it. Better exit ops in my opinion.

I worked in Risk Assurance at pwc - it is very boring although you do get to travel to a lot of countries in LTT staying in nice hotels.

ACA is a good qualification and it will feel a bit like uni as you will start with 30 or so others that you will go through training and college etc.

CISI on the other hand is not respected at all. To be FSA registered you have to do a couple of the exams but overall doing the whole programme is not worth it at all.

CFA is very respected in the banking sector - v tough exams but definately do-able.

KPMG corp finance (I think) is the most respected of the big4 - dont quote me on that I think I read it somewhere - most likely TSR...

PwC's embankment place is much better than Canary Wharf though!!
Reply 2
CFA > ACA.
Risk FS > Risk Assurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending