The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Applicants Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Well I just picked my room in Wembley court.
I picked the south building floor 3, Flat 314F :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 221
Aaah, I'll live in a private rented apartment with friends, but I really really really hope some of you will invite me to good halls parties and I won't miss anything haha :wink:
Original post by DoctorJay
I admire your input and good wishes, but the way you've put it has only increased my worries!
I am from London and I will be at Wemebley Court. The Stonebridge Estate is scary but you don't have to go to it and if you just generally stay away from drugs (good advice anyway!) then you will be OK if you have a car. The dangers can be exagerated, the murders are only three or four a year now and guns are rare. You just have to use common sense and not walk to or from the tube station at night. I have got a car and we can maybe set up a pool to use it, sharing petrol and other costs. Do anyone know if the uni operates a minibus because there's no student union at Wemebley Court and you don't want to travel on the tube to Harrow or Marylebone, especially not at night. Even in a group it can be nervy. PM me if you are interested in a car share scheme.
Original post by Wheelistic2
I am from London and I will be at Wemebley Court. The Stonebridge Estate is scary but you don't have to go to it and if you just generally stay away from drugs (good advice anyway!) then you will be OK if you have a car. The dangers can be exagerated, the murders are only three or four a year now and guns are rare. You just have to use common sense and not walk to or from the tube station at night. I have got a car and we can maybe set up a pool to use it, sharing petrol and other costs. Do anyone know if the uni operates a minibus because there's no student union at Wemebley Court and you don't want to travel on the tube to Harrow or Marylebone, especially not at night. Even in a group it can be nervy. PM me if you are interested in a car share scheme.

A car share scheme would be great, I'm down. It's something I believe we're gonna just have to wait a sort it out then though, to be honest
Original post by Wheelistic2

I think you are over egging the situation here. I have been living in Wembley for the past year and never experienced any crime during my stay or heard from anyone else about crime. Wembley is just like any other town or city, obvioulsy crime happens but not to the extent you claim. Crime happens everywhere..
the halls are located right near the tube station and there is very good street lighting, as its so close to Wembley Stadium and Arena theres always people about.
I've checked and the uni don't run a mini bus service but the halls are opening a student bar opposite the halls.
Where would you park your car as i've been told theres no parking?

oh... and the stonebridge estate is miles away from the halls and i can't see any reason why any students would need to go there.
Reply 225
Original post by ddorie
Aaah, I'll live in a private rented apartment with friends, but I really really really hope some of you will invite me to good halls parties and I won't miss anything haha :wink:

This. Although London nightlife in general looks intense!
Reply 226
Original post by DoctorJay
Just paid my deposit and booked a room in student court wembley.
Anybody else living there?

Hi DoctorJay, I have aplied for the halls but I haven't got a reply yet. How is it possible to pay deposit and book a room? I am really surprised about it.
Reply 227
Original post by Rozy7
Any1 got accepted in the MA marketing management course at westminster?! What do u know about this uni ...

ur info wil be highly appreciated :smile:

Hi Rozy7, it is me that accepted Marketing Management Course at Westminster :smile:
I think the university has a worldwide reputation, at least in my country :smile:
Reply 228
Hello friends

I'm happy that i've got an unconditional offer from Westminster, But this is only through ukpass and didnt get an admission offer letter/email either from ukpass of the university. does it take a lot of time? any experiences,
thank you.
Original post by duygu-uc
Hi DoctorJay, I have aplied for the halls but I haven't got a reply yet. How is it possible to pay deposit and book a room? I am really surprised about it.

Hi, I received an email from Apt Student Living, who are the third party company who sort out the halls for the Student Court. From there I was given a login where I could book my room on their site
I confirmed my room in Wembley yesterday! In the west building
Original post by colly92
Hey I have chosen the east side also.. I'm not sure on the exact flat but there is a 50/50 chance its 412 lol :biggrin:

Heyy, well we'll be on the same floor so I'll definitely see you!!
Hi,
Swedish girl, soon to be a postgraduate student at Harrow. Overjoyed! Anyone else looking for a place to stay? I'm interested in finding a flat or a house to share.

I have never been in London and don't know much about the city. I'm looking around the web and trying to find out where it's best to live. Close to the school or to the city center... I think somewhere in between. Does anybody have any tips on neighborhoods or actual flats/houses available from september 1st? :smile:
Reply 233
Westminster doesn't response to me until now though I sent them many emails asking about progress on my application. No one answer me. Can't believe it.
Reply 234
Original post by Meodien
Westminster doesn't response to me until now though I sent them many emails asking about progress on my application. No one answer me. Can't believe it.

It took a while for them to give me an offer, roughly 3 - 4 weeks from me applying - but considering my other Uni's replied quickly 1 - 2 weeks in, it felt intense aha! So don't worry too much, just be patient. I waited for them to respond and it wasn't too bad. But I think you should just wait and see, sending too many emails can be slightly frustrating especially if there's a high applicant volume. :smile: x
Reply 235
Original post by pruenji93
It took a while for them to give me an offer, roughly 3 - 4 weeks from me applying - but considering my other Uni's replied quickly 1 - 2 weeks in, it felt intense aha! So don't worry too much, just be patient. I waited for them to respond and it wasn't too bad. But I think you should just wait and see, sending too many emails can be slightly frustrating especially if there's a high applicant volume. :smile: x

Well, they requested me a portfolio after 6 weeks of patient waiting. I submitted it on March 6th and they didn't confirm me if they got it. 2 weeks later, I sent an email to ask about it, no one answered me. After March 31st passed, which is considered as first deadline for the university to decide, I sent them another email to ask about progress on my application. They just asked for my ID number and name and they kept silence for a month.There was not an act about that. On May 9th, I asked UCAS if they could get Westminster uni reply to me but they just suggested I should contact them myself. Guess what, the university didn't bother answer it.:frown: And now UCAS's going to change the status of my application into "unsuccessful default". If they don't want to offer me a place, at least let me know why. :mad:
Reply 236
just got an unconditional offer to do politics & politics and international relations... why does Westminster seem to have such a bad reputation?? Is anyone else doing these courses in September
?
Reply 237
Original post by Meodien
Well, they requested me a portfolio after 6 weeks of patient waiting. I submitted it on March 6th and they didn't confirm me if they got it. 2 weeks later, I sent an email to ask about it, no one answered me. After March 31st passed, which is considered as first deadline for the university to decide, I sent them another email to ask about progress on my application. They just asked for my ID number and name and they kept silence for a month.There was not an act about that. On May 9th, I asked UCAS if they could get Westminster uni reply to me but they just suggested I should contact them myself. Guess what, the university didn't bother answer it.:frown: And now UCAS's going to change the status of my application into "unsuccessful default". If they don't want to offer me a place, at least let me know why. :mad:

Oh I see. Well that sucks. I don't know if I'm honest, you should try calling them? Maybe that might help? :smile: x
Reply 238
Original post by pruenji93
Oh I see. Well that sucks. I don't know if I'm honest, you should try calling them? Maybe that might help? :smile: x

I called them and I was rejected. :frown: Thank you anyway. I just wanted to know the result. Westminster decision doesn't mean so much to me at this stage. I already firmed Oxford Brookes.
Reply 239
BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE..

and dreading it! loool and its my firm.. so scaredd

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending