Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long does a provisional licence take to come through?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have just sent off for a provisional but a mate of mine said it took 5 weeks for it to get sent to him. This was a few years ago though so I hope things have sped up a bit since then.

How long did yours take to come (if you can remember)?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine was over a year ago, but as far as I can remember it was much less than five weeks -- in fact, I'd say it took less than two weeks to arrive.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i sent my form off two days before i cud get it (3month before 17) so i sent it 23rd August and it was on my doormat by the time i got abck from amsterdam on 1st september in time for school lol so thats what 9days lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys, that sounds more like what i was expecting. hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine off during a free period at school on a fri, and on the following thurs it arrived

so i was lucky
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It takes 2 - 3 weeks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i have sent off mine last week, du think it will come within the next week and a half?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bb0721)
    i have sent off mine last week, du think it will come within the next week and a half?
    That will mean two and a half weeks yeah? So it should do, depending on whether there's anything wrong with your application/postal strikes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks I know there is a postal strike in london, but I live in hertfordshire, so I don't think it will need to go through london to get to swansea dunnno though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope mine comes trhough soon i mean lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Mine took 2 weeks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ahh thats alright lets hope mine takes that long too or sooner
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    mine took about a week
    surprisingly quick actually
    it should come in that time
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    nice, another question my passport expires 13th oct, can i still use it this weekend to get into clubs? i mean it's still going to be valid!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bb0721)
    nice, another question my passport expires 13th oct, can i still use it this weekend to get into clubs? i mean it's still going to be valid!
    Yup you can this weekend
    I used my expired passport to get in places, I still looked like the picture so it wasn't too big of a deal just can't rely on it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ahh good well i am glad for this weekend and hopefully my provisional shall come sooon!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    my provisional came through today!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i have sent my provisional off and a week and a half later got my forms bk saying i missed a question so i resent it the same day it came through the post, when do you think it should be here i sent it bk off last thursday... any day?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Think mine took a week, and when I passed my test I passed on the 19th of March, and by the 23rd I had my proper licence.

They aren't too bad, to be honest. 5 Weeks sounds like they had a problem with his application.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My provisional license came through in less than a week. It was my second one though. I think the first may have taken 2 weeks or so

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 26, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.