The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I sent for mine on the Saturday and it was through my letter box for the next Saturday. Not too bad DVLA.:smile:
It only took a couple of weeks for mine to come through as well
Reply 22
hi guy i sent away for my provisianl on the 16/08/13 when do u thonk it will arrive
Reply 23
You know you get the option to not use your passport photo? if i chose that option, how long would it take for me to get it? after i send in the photo separately?
2-3 weeks.
Reply 25
I sent away for mine about 2 weeks ago and last thursday i got a letter back saying i had forgot to answer a question so i sent it back on friday there, my first lesson is on Monday, will it be here??
1 week and 1 day it took my sisters to come but mine is taking longer for some reason :frown:
Reply 27
I want to apply for mine without using a passport as I don't own one, has anyone else here done that? If so, how long did it take to come through?
I sent mine yesterday but unfortunetly i was unable to send my passport i sent the copy of it with my original NI number do you think they will allowed it?
I sent my daughter's off almost 3 weeks ago. It came back last Fri saying it needs another form of I d. It only asked for 2 originally now I have sent it back on Mon gone. I want it for her 17th Easter Mon. it needs to be back by 4th cos there's no post on good Fri or b h Mon!! Ridiculous
Original post by makaveli1997
I sent mine yesterday but unfortunetly i was unable to send my passport i sent the copy of it with my original NI number do you think they will allowed it?

It normally asked for just the passport number and birth certificate but they asked for ni number and another form of I d after with ourselves
Just applied and paid for mine online and selected to use my passport photo. But when I got to the end of the application, it said they needed one more thing from me and would be sending my a form to fill in and send back within a week... anyone else had to do this? What is it?

I thought I'd just receive my provisional now after filling in the online form and choosing to use my passport.
It depends. If you have medical issues it can take months/years for them to make a decision. I'm 9 months in so far.
Reply 33
I go on holiday in literally 20 days to this day and I sent my provisional off with my passport like last Tuesday idiotic thing to do I know! But how long does anyone think it'll take to come back and is there anything I can do to make it hurry up
I have just sent off for my license and my birthday is on Sunday will it come by then or how long will i have to wait
My guess is Tuesday next week. It may not get to the DVLA until Wednesday, then through their mail centre to the relevant office, then they process it and a couple of days to get out of the mail room and get delivered. You would be very fortunate to receive it by Friday/Saturday but I wish you luck anyway.
I applied for replacment provisional over phone on Friday I need it for next Saturday uou think it will be here on time
Reply 37
I sent of mine over a week ago and still waiting for it to arrive
Reply 38
It will take a few months. I've applied for mine about 7 weeks ago and Still haven't got it so you'll be waiting a long time
Original post by Blissika
It will take a few months. I've applied for mine about 7 weeks ago and Still haven't got it so you'll be waiting a long time

You need to contact DVLA, they're supposed to arrive within 2 weeks.

Use this link to check your status.

https://www.gov.uk/track-your-driving-licence-application

Latest