The Student Room Group

Gcse p.e. Aqa double award

heeeey.

- I'm doing the Double Award spec. for AQA p.e.
- Has anyone done it already?

If so, can you possibly give me some insight into how it operates/ is executed as teachers at my school are usesless when it comes to that sort of thing lol

So, yes any information on what the exams are like and what it's like to be moderated etc. etc.

Thank you in advance :biggrin:
Hey! Im doing the single award but it's the same idea.

The GCSE is split into two parts: Practical (60%) and the Theory (40%). For the practical aspect you have to choose for areas of sport that you will be assessed E.g. Badminton, tennis basketball, football. For each sport you'll be assessed and given a mark out of 10 on how good you were. For theory you have to take an 1h 30m exam but since your doing the double award you'll have to do two exams.

To be honest, its really easy. You don't have to be that good at a sport to get 10/10 in the practical and a lot of the exams are just common sense. It will take a bit of revising but nothing to stress about. If you wanted to do some revision at home, I've found the CGP GCSE: Physcal Edcuation book to be really helpful. Its pretty good just to come home after a lesson a go over anything you didn't understand

I did the exam last year and got an A* and like you my teachers are pretty useless, i just did a lot of revision at home and found it a breeze.

Hope this has helped :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ciaranissocool
Hey! Im doing the single award but it's the same idea.

The GCSE is split into two parts: Practical (60%) and the Theory (40%). For the practical aspect you have to choose for areas of sport that you will be assessed E.g. Badminton, tennis basketball, football. For each sport you'll be assessed and given a mark out of 10 on how good you were. For theory you have to take an 1h 30m exam but since your doing the double award you'll have to do two exams.

To be honest, its really easy. You don't have to be that good at a sport to get 10/10 in the practical and a lot of the exams are just common sense. It will take a bit of revising but nothing to stress about. If you wanted to do some revision at home, I've found the CGP GCSE: Physcal Edcuation book to be really helpful. Its pretty good just to come home after a lesson a go over anything you didn't understand

I did the exam last year and got an A* and like you my teachers are pretty useless, i just did a lot of revision at home and found it a breeze.

Hope this has helped :smile:

Wow thank you so much!
Are there any particular resources you used in order to get the A*?
Well I used the CGP Physical education book which was pretty good. I also went on to the AQA website and did a lot of the practice tests that they had on offer.
This is the link to get to the Past Papers : http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcses/science/new/phy_edu_materials.php?id=09&prev=09&tabid=2

Again hope this helps and good luck with your exam :smile:
Reply 4
does anybody have the jan 2013 paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending