The Student Room Group

Medicine Offers Discussion Thread 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
after 17 months of UCAS (re-applicant) FINALLY....after the rejections first time round....the doubts about not being good enough....the hurdles that are A-levels...the hell that is the BMAT....the B**** that is the interview....

I FIRMED MEDICINE AT IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON

:bhangra:
Original post by praj1

I FIRMED MEDICINE AT IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON

:bhangra:

Me too :biggrin:
Reply 202
Original post by Claudine
Me too :biggrin:

AWESOME!
you joined the facebook group?
Original post by praj1
AWESOME!
you joined the facebook group?

I joined imperial memes, is that the one you're talking about? if not care to post a link? :wink:
ICSM :yucky:

*le introducing you guys to london med school banter... the censored version :colone:
Reply 205
Original post by Claudine
I joined imperial memes, is that the one you're talking about? if not care to post a link? :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/217707668329775/

this is the one...

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
ICSM :yucky:

*le introducing you guys to london med school banter... the censored version :colone:

LOL
glasgow offer as well! now to decide...
Original post by atomos
glasgow offer as well! now to decide...

I remember you from the Edinburgh thread - CONGRATULATIONS!! :biggrin:
Original post by spoinkytheduck
I remember you from the Edinburgh thread - CONGRATULATIONS!! :biggrin:

thank you!
i've seen you about aswell, i see from your sig you firmed newcastle? well done for getting more than one offer!

I just asked to join :smile:
Thanks!!
Original post by atomos
thank you!
i've seen you about aswell, i see from your sig you firmed newcastle? well done for getting more than one offer!

Yeah, so excited!! :biggrin:
Are you leaning towards one particular med school yet? :smile:
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Yeah, so excited!! :biggrin:
Are you leaning towards one particular med school yet? :smile:

think i'm definitely gonna go for aberdeen, just too scared to actually firm it haha! will probably firm it within the next couple of days though :biggrin:

so excited to buy a stethoscope and books and new stationary :tongue:
Reply 212
Original post by atomos
think i'm definitely gonna go for aberdeen, just too scared to actually firm it haha! will probably firm it within the next couple of days though :biggrin:

so excited to buy a stethoscope and books and new stationary :tongue:

Why are you choosing Aberdeen over Glasgow? I'm trying to make the same decision (I've ruled out St. Andrews) and I'm extremely confused.
Reply 213
Original post by laurenl93

I'm ridiculously excited about the stethoscope and kitchen stuff! Yes!!

Yesss me too. I've spent wayy too much time considering the colours of everyone's stethoscopes at workk... and defo same with kitchen stuff. I was looking for an easter egg mould in tesco the other day, and spent like ten minutes considering plates and which cutlery and saucepans and stuff I'd get!
Reply 214
nyahhhhh stupid decisions why cant i go to both of them!?!?!

i've spent the last two days to-ing and fro-ing and i still cant decide!!!!

i've made a giant pros and cons list, have investigated accomodation and student unions, even vaguely worked out student finance stuff, and i still havent made up my mind! :redface:
Firmed Aberdeen today, can't wait until September! :nutcase:
Original post by Braddd
Why are you choosing Aberdeen over Glasgow? I'm trying to make the same decision (I've ruled out St. Andrews) and I'm extremely confused.

Because the course just seems so much better, I'm kidding myself that I want to go to Glasgow over Aberdeen. I've always liked the city more than Glasgow, which tbh I'm not that fond of :/

But all the 'special features' at Aberdeen sound really cool. I'm quite keen for the Medical Humanities block. Also the fact there are more lectures, which I think is suited to me over PBL...

Also, even though we never got a tour of Glasgow, the tour of Aberdeen got me really excited, it all looked so nice and I liked how its all pretty much together.

And accomodation at Hillhead all looks really good.
Oh and the social aspect, all the MedSoc stuff sounds good, like beerienteering haha

I think that's all my reasons :tongue:
Original post by laurenl93

What kind of course is Aberdeen?

I'm ridiculously excited about the stethoscope and kitchen stuff! Yes!!

integrated i think...although i get the terms confused haha
edit:' The curriculum is thoroughly modern, entirely systems-based, fully integrated and problem-orientated' there ya go

what colour of stethoscope you gonna go for?
and omg kitchen stuff!! forgot im gonna have to get all that, ahhh so excited to pick mugs and plates etc
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 218
Original post by atomos
Because the course just seems so much better, I'm kidding myself that I want to go to Glasgow over Aberdeen. I've always liked the city more than Glasgow, which tbh I'm not that fond of :/

But all the 'special features' at Aberdeen sound really cool. I'm quite keen for the Medical Humanities block. Also the fact there are more lectures, which I think is suited to me over PBL...

Also, even though we never got a tour of Glasgow, the tour of Aberdeen got me really excited, it all looked so nice and I liked how its all pretty much together.

And accomodation at Hillhead all looks really good.
Oh and the social aspect, all the MedSoc stuff sounds good, like beerienteering haha

I think that's all my reasons :tongue:

Thanks :smile: I'm the opposite as I'd prefer to live in Glasgow over Aberdeen.

Yeah, the fact that everything was all on one campus really appealed to me. There's so many aspects of the course that I like.

This really is gonna be a difficult decision. I'd rather study in Aberdeen but I'd rather live in Glasgow...

Edit: 'Please rate some other members before rating this member again.' Oh...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 219
Original post by Braddd
Thanks :smile: I'm the opposite as I'd prefer to live in Glasgow over Aberdeen.

Yeah, the fact that everything was all on one campus really appealed to me. There's so many aspects of the course that I like.

This really is gonna be a difficult decision. I'd rather study in Aberdeen but I'd rather live in Glasgow...

Edit: 'Please rate some other members before rating this member again.' Oh...

I'm in somewhat a similar position. Really attracted to the course at Aberdeen (medical humanities ssc, community course etc.) but Southampton seems like a better place to stay (nicer weather, near london etc.) Not too sure how much emphasis to give to location and course content, especially when I'm an international who has never been to UK so all I'm basing on is information garnered from internet and people!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending