Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Medicine Offers Discussion Thread 2012 Entry

Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Braddd)
    Thanks I'm the opposite as I'd prefer to live in Glasgow over Aberdeen.

Yeah, the fact that everything was all on one campus really appealed to me. There's so many aspects of the course that I like.

This really is gonna be a difficult decision. I'd rather study in Aberdeen but I'd rather live in Glasgow...

Edit: 'Please rate some other members before rating this member again.' Oh...
    I think my mind is pretty much made up...think I'll firm Aberdeen some point this weekend.

Where do you think you'll choose then?

And haha, I always get that message, I blatantly rep too much
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fear of sounding slightly thick here but do you really need to buy a stethoscope for your first year?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    Lmao I'm a fellow "perv on all doctors stethoscopes at work to get an idea of its colour in real life and narrow my choices down". Its become almost an automatic reaction now when a new doctor comes on the ward...
    Why would you need an Easter egg mould? Are you making your own?
    An god has cutlery and different mugs always been this exciting?!?

Hmm... Do you reckon that's med school speak for 'pbl but not fully committing to call it that'?
    Hmm well one of the F1's at work has a one which I suspect to be 'Caribbean blue' and another one had a maroony one that I liked... So I'm not sure. You?
    When do you think is the right time to start buying all that stuff? I'm too excited now
    i dont think aberdeen are pbl-y anyway, shall find out in september anyway
    carribean blue sounds nice. i'm not sure, probably some sort of blue or green one. No idea, summer maybe? and yeah same, far too keen
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    Lmao I'm a fellow "perv on all doctors stethoscopes at work to get an idea of its colour in real life and narrow my choices down". Its become almost an automatic reaction now when a new doctor comes on the ward...
    Why would you need an Easter egg mould? Are you making your own?
    An god has cutlery and different mugs always been this exciting?!?
    Haha, its true. And looking at what they wear... even on placements I'll have such a dilemma about clothes choices!

I am making my own, its soo much fun And I get to finish off any melted chocolate I may happen to have left over after I've finished... Haha, I'm sure it hasn't, but it really is now. And looking at my own sets of towels and a bath mat and toothbrush holder and stuff woooo

(Original post by Jamal B)
    Fear of sounding slightly thick here but do you really need to buy a stethoscope for your first year?
    Haha, no, but its too much fun choosing it...

Maybe we're all just more keen than you are :P
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, no, but its too much fun choosing it...

Maybe we're all just more keen than you are :P
    Going for a Welch Allyn obviously :P I jest, I'm not a complete idiot... I'm feeling Black, Navy, Burgundy or Hunter Green myself.
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling Black, Navy, Burgundy or Hunter Green myself.
    Awesome colours!! :zomg: :gah:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Awesome colours!! :zomg: :gah:
    You have good taste, I wonder if you can mix and match colours on the same 'scope...
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Going for a Welch Allyn obviously :P I jest, I'm not a complete idiot... I'm feeling Black, Navy, Burgundy or Hunter Green myself.
    Not flourescent orange?

Nahh, I want something nice, but subtle. I just keep thinking of that junior doctors one who everyone made fun of because of her pink stethoscope.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    Not flourescent orange?
    Nah, with my complexion, it just doesn't work at. all.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've spent ages trying to pick a good stethoscope colour... But it's so hard!!
    I'm thinking a dark purple type colour, I'd like to be a bit girly but 'professional'
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    People are picking stethoscope colours already? :eek:
    • 106 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    People are picking stethoscope colours already? :eek:
    People have to do something to pass the time before med school starts eh
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Yeah I guess so.

I'll go for camo then :y:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    pretty much

honestly don't know how i'm gonna spend the time from now til september, especially when i don't even have the constant refreshing of emails to pass the time, gah my life is so boring!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looking at raspberry, ceil blue or red for my steth. Would really like a raspberry but don't want to be the medical student that gets picked on because of her "unprofessional" coloured steth

I really need something to do between now till Sept too, I hope that time can fast-forward itself! Should get a part-time job soon.

To pass time for now, what sports/clubs you guys thinking of joining? *Rushes off to medsoc websites*
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ergo)
    Looking at raspberry, ceil blue or red for my steth. Would really like a raspberry but don't want to be the medical student that gets picked on because of her "unprofessional" coloured steth

I really need something to do between now till Sept too, I hope that time can fast-forward itself! Should get a part-time job soon.

To pass time for now, what sports/clubs you guys thinking of joining? *Rushes off to medsoc websites*
    All this talk of stethoscopes is getting me excited!

I'm definitely going to join the ski/snowboard society. I'd also like to try out surfing- Aberdeen has the best of both worlds.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ergo)
    Considering one or two sports ones, assuming the skill and fitness level goes down to "toddler" May even try to break into chess...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CocaineSquirrel)

I'm definitely going to join the ski/snowboard society. I'd also like to try out surfing- Aberdeen has the best of both worlds.
    aberdeen has surfing? haha awesome

imagine how cold it will be though :zomg:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CocaineSquirrel)

Ooh Aberdeen. Still deciding on whether to firm them or not! Agree with atomos, the waters must be coooolllllddd.

Considering one or two sports ones, assuming the skill and fitness level goes down to "toddler" May even try to break into chess...
    I'm considering doing a sport too. Probably badminton/basketball/hockey. Last time I did sports in school was when I was 11 . So probably will belong to the unfit bunch as well.

Also planning to do some volunteering and drama
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ergo)
    I'm considering doing a sport too. Probably badminton/basketball/hockey. Last time I did sports in school was when I was 11 . So probably will belong to the unfit bunch as well.
    Good choices :L Last time I did hockey was in Year 8, hoping to get back into it. Fencing looks kinda fun I have to say.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 16, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.