The Student Room Group

Medicine Offers Discussion Thread 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Jelton
Yeah I suppose you're right with that one! The town and facilities etc. are drawing me in though! ahh!

Where are you off to? :smile:

What town? It's made up of about 10 streets :L And I'm planning on firming Newcastle and backing up with Manchester

Edit: Just read your reply to atmos, it looks like you've already made your decision tbh...
(edited 11 years ago)
Having firmed my offer for Sheffield, I'm stuck getting super paranoid over not getting the grades in my exams this summer (Luckily I only have 3)

Here's hoping we all get in!
Reply 262
Original post by Jamal B
What town? It's made up of about 10 streets :L And I'm planning on firming Newcastle and backing up with Manchester

Edit: Just read your reply to atmos, it looks like you've already made your decision tbh...

Haha, that is true, but those 10 streets have a very high concentration of pubs so can't complain really!

Cool, Newcastle looks like a good course, it was one of the only English universities I considered along with Liverpool! Would you choose to do your first phase in Newcastle or in Durham?

Really? Where does it sound like I've picked... I'm still clueless!
I've sent out a few PMs about Aberdeen. My views are as objective as an Aberdeen student's can be :smile:
Reply 264
Original post by Jelton
Haha, that is true, but those 10 streets have a very high concentration of pubs so can't complain really!

Cool, Newcastle looks like a good course, it was one of the only English universities I considered along with Liverpool! Would you choose to do your first phase in Newcastle or in Durham?

Really? Where does it sound like I've picked... I'm still clueless!

I went for Newcastle, cos Durham isn't actually Durham, it's Stockton which didn't appeal to me really. I think you really want Aberdeen, you seem to like the city, it's people and the atmosphere that came along with it, you seem to like the course more (probably because it's not a 6 year traditional course) If you can go to Dundee, I'm sure you could put in the extra hour and a half to go to Aberdeen :biggrin:
Reply 265
I got two conditional offers. If I firm one and insurance another one, am I obligaed to accept my insurance option if I don't get my firm option. Here is the explaination from UCAS:

Insurance acceptance

If your firm choice is a conditional offer, you can accept another offer as an insurance choice. Your insurance choice can be conditional or unconditional and acts as a back-up, so if you don't meet the conditions for your firm choice but meet the conditions for your insurance, you will be committed to the insurance choice. You can only have one insurance choice.

The conditions for your insurance choice can be higher than your firm choice, but be aware that if you're not accepted by your firm choice, it's unlikely that you will be accepted for an insurance choice that requests higher grades.

You don't have to accept an insurance choice - if you're not sure about any of your other choices once you have accepted a firm choice, you're not obliged to accept one as an insurance option.
Reply 266
Original post by ukmed108
I got two conditional offers. If I firm one and insurance another one, am I obligaed to accept my insurance option if I don't get my firm option. Here is the explaination from UCAS:

Insurance acceptance

If your firm choice is a conditional offer, you can accept another offer as an insurance choice. Your insurance choice can be conditional or unconditional and acts as a back-up, so if you don't meet the conditions for your firm choice but meet the conditions for your insurance, you will be committed to the insurance choice. You can only have one insurance choice.

The conditions for your insurance choice can be higher than your firm choice, but be aware that if you're not accepted by your firm choice, it's unlikely that you will be accepted for an insurance choice that requests higher grades.

You don't have to accept an insurance choice - if you're not sure about any of your other choices once you have accepted a firm choice, you're not obliged to accept one as an insurance option.

I think what that's saying is you don't have to pick an insurance option but if you do and you meet it's requirements (but not you firm's) then you have to take it.
Reply 267
Original post by ukmed108

Insurance acceptance

Well I think you are obliged to do it, but you can easily not enrol on the course, and just withdraw from it - but you won't be able to go to any other place that year.

Out of interest, why would you not want to take your insurance if you didn't get into your firm? If you wouldn't want to go to it at all, then you don't have to put an insurance option.
Reply 268
Results are a month today, how's everyone feeling?
Reply 269
Original post by Jamal B
Results are a month today, how's everyone feeling?

Not confident at all :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest