The Student Room Group

Medicine Offers Discussion Thread 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by apple17
Hope you get UCL/or the States, if not, it will always be awesome at KCL. :biggrin:

Exactly why I am being lackadaisical in preparing for UCL :facepalm:
Reply 61
Original post by hslakaal

lackadaisical?

Are you sure that word exists? :curious:
Reply 62
Original post by twelve
lackadaisical?

Are you sure that word exists? :curious:

Here., this should help :wink:
Reply 63

I prepared hard for all my interviews except KCL and look what happened. And you have done 2 interviews, you know what to expect and all so guessing thats why you have become lazy. :tongue:
Reply 64
Original post by apple17
I prepared hard for all my interviews except KCL and look what happened. And you have done 2 interviews, you know what to expect and all so guessing thats why you have become lazy. :tongue:

Says the person who's had 3 interviews :redface:
Reply 65

Haha tooo late, I googled it before :P I just thought it was an amazing word. One of these people should really use more often in day to day conversation :biggrin:
Reply 66
Says the person who's had 3 interviews :redface:

:colondollar:
Honestly, for me that ISC book wasn't the best resource. I got maybe 10 questions out of it during the course of 4 interviews. But good luck and hope you do well at UCL, i think ur supposed to know ur S3 essay, medical news and other news, and some PS questions (but my cousin said those are pre rare). And, also, have a good structure to ur answers, I know at sheffield, I felt like i just waffled on but had no structure so watch out for that. :biggrin:
Reply 67
Original post by twelve
Haha tooo late, I googled it before :P I just thought it was an amazing word. One of these people should really use more often in day to day conversation :biggrin:

It's actually one of my favorite words :biggrin:
Learned it while studying for SATs of all things :rolleyes:
Reply 68
It's actually one of my favorite words :biggrin:
Learned it while studying for SATs of all things :rolleyes:

Haha, I don't think I learnt anything that useful during SATs :P
Reply 69
Original post by apple17
:colondollar:
Honestly, for me that ISC book wasn't the best resource. I got maybe 10 questions out of it during the course of 4 interviews. But good luck and hope you do well at UCL, i think ur supposed to know ur S3 essay, medical news and other news, and some PS questions (but my cousin said those are pre rare). And, also, have a good structure to ur answers, I know at sheffield, I felt like i just waffled on but had no structure so watch out for that. :biggrin:

Haha. Thanks for the heads up :smile:

The book does signs pretty useless, but then again, so was my counselor :wink:
Reply 70
Original post by twelve
Haha, I don't think I learnt anything that useful during SATs :P

That's the only good thing I learned :biggrin:

And a couple of interesting articles while doing the reading parts..
Reply 71
Haha. Thanks for the heads up :smile:

The book does signs pretty useless, but then again, so was my counselor :wink:

No problems. :biggrin:
Yeah, the book helped way more than my counselor. She had no clue about how a standard interview is conducted. :facepalm: I am guessing its really good for some unis and its a bit of luck too, Sheffield supposedly has really friendly interviews but mine was stressful and pressured. Just prepare the basics and hope for the best is prob the best interview advice. :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by apple17
No problems. :biggrin:
Yeah, the book helped way more than my counselor. She had no clue about how a standard interview is conducted. :facepalm: I am guessing its really good for some unis and its a bit of luck too, Sheffield supposedly has really friendly interviews but mine was stressful and pressured. Just prepare the basics and hope for the best is prob the best interview advice. :smile:

mine was bad in all aspects.regarding uni applications :facepalm:

Even for Kings as well apparently. My interviewers seemed more keen to talk amongst themselves rather than to me :h:
Reply 73
mine was bad in all aspects.regarding uni applications :facepalm:

Even for Kings as well apparently. My interviewers seemed more keen to talk amongst themselves rather than to me :h:

Yeah, same, for Canadian universities, none of us can get early acceptance and now its more competitive because she forgot to upload the marks and my class size is only 12 students. :facepalm:
Aw, poor you but it did turn out well. :wink:
Reply 74
Original post by apple17
Yeah, same, for Canadian universities, none of us can get early acceptance and now its more competitive because she forgot to upload the marks and my class size is only 12 students. :facepalm:
Aw, poor you but it did turn out well. :wink:

Nah. I liked it. less questions for me :biggrin:

Mine set our school as doing AP, when we do A-lvls on the common app, causing nightmares :cry:
nearly a month after getting my offer (another KCL...), hello!

So far I have a 50% success rate but hoping that UCL will respond to me soooon!
Reply 76
Nah. I liked it. less questions for me :biggrin:

Mine set our school as doing AP, when we do A-lvls on the common app, causing nightmares :cry:

Oh true say. No fair. :rant:
At least, you don't have to ever see them again for anything. After UCAS was done and interviews, I completely ignored her. :biggrin:
Reply 77
Original post by aljabiraa
nearly a month after getting my offer (another KCL...), hello!

So far I have a 50% success rate but hoping that UCL will respond to me soooon!

:five: for KCL. :smile:
I'm a bit late in joining this thread, but hi anyway :hi:
Reply 79
Original post by confused dot com
I'm a bit late in joining this thread, but hi anyway :hi:

:hi: Congrats on the offer!
and :five: for KCL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending