Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Plymouth

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sooo, who has applid for plymouth uni and what have you applied for?.. anyone got offers yet?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied but not through UCAS. I did the foundation pathways in technology in 08/09 so im hoping i can my place internally. Still officially registered as a student there so heres to hoping Looking at doing BSc Marine and Composites. If I can avoid the endless UCAS application then I'll be happy

Si
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional offer for Law, it was my first offer
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ah nice, i have a conditional offer for civil engineering. anyone know what its like there? what the nightlife is like?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac99)
    ah nice, i have a conditional offer for civil engineering. anyone know what its like there? what the nightlife is like?
    I think it looks pretty good, but that's just from researching it online. Obviously it won't be as good as somewhere like Newcastle, but it won't be just a couple of pubs and clubs either.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac99)
    I am currently a student here, so I might be able to help The night life is pretty good here, we Oceana, K2, C103, Revs, etc but we also have a few pubs and bars which are amazing. I can't tell you about some of the places as I haven't been to them all obviously, but if you haven't been down to Plymouth to have a look around the uni or the city itself, i'd totally recommend coming to take a look!

Congratulations on your offers!

xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    got conditional for economics
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thankyouu !! Ah sounds good tbh. im so excited. if i apply for halls in january as soon as it opens for application, what do you rekon the chances are that i get a place in the halls?
    (Original post by Sianelly)
    I am currently a student here, so I might be able to help The night life is pretty good here, we Oceana, K2, C103, Revs, etc but we also have a few pubs and bars which are amazing. I can't tell you about some of the places as I haven't been to them all obviously, but if you haven't been down to Plymouth to have a look around the uni or the city itself, i'd totally recommend coming to take a look!

Congratulations on your offers!

xx
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What are offers like at Plymouth? I hear they're quite lowish for its standings? Most are BBB with a few ABB and BBC
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac99)
    Thankyouu !! Ah sounds good tbh. im so excited. if i apply for halls in january as soon as it opens for application, what do you rekon the chances are that i get a place in the halls?
    Only 60% of all first year students get a place in halls.. so I can't tell you what the chances would be of you getting a room unfortunetly!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone for maritime business and logistics that can give me some feedback .'??'
    thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDubs)
    What are offers like at Plymouth? I hear they're quite lowish for its standings? Most are BBB with a few ABB and BBC
    yeh i think there not too bad at all. Not so hard to get into
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaRtMan 94)
    thanks
    Is there even any graduates for that degree?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac99)
    I think I can anwser your questions pretty well as im just about to finish my 1st term doing civil engineering at plymouth. The course it pretty good, i think a bigger workload than most of the other courses but you get that with any engineering degree. The maths is pretty easy though, we have just been recapping a level all the first term.

As for the nightlife I personally think its pretty awesome, theres a few clubs and lots of cool little bars like bacbar and cuba. I think theres something for everyone depending what you like.

Also replying to your post about getting into halls, I got into radnor but as I wasnt unconditional I think I was pretty lucky! most of my flatmates were all unconditional so I think its pretty much random.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ohh okk thank you ! is it really fun up in plymouth? Do people that you know who didnt get into student accomodation like living in houses for the first year?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for Business Management?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apu270894)
    got conditional for economics
    same here

what were the conditions?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heading down for a pgce interview next week?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaRtMan 94)
    thanks
    I managed to get a conditional offer for next year entry into Maritime Biz & Law, I have seniors who have came back with the degree in logistics option. Is good, go for it!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDubs)
    Is there even any graduates for that degree?!
    totally ignorant

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 15, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis have the poshest students?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.