The Student Room Group

Loans?

Hello!

I'm international student from Poland. I applied through UCAS for 5 universities and gained offer from Nottingham. Now:

Financial situation in my family has changed. I'm not sure If I will be able to cover living expenses. I know about loan but it's to cover univerity's cost. I'd like to ask you about loan for covering living expenses? It could be from Bank of England or even private bank or sth.

Many thanks!
Reply 1
The Bank of England (or any UK banks) do not give loans to UK students to cover their living expenses, so, no, there aren't any loans for you as an EU student unless you satisfy the residency requirement in the UK.

This is of course not including career development loans but I believe even UK students are finding these impossible to get recently, I've never looked into the t's and c's to see whether EU would be eligible but my gut reaction is no, they wouldn't.

To be honest, your only option would be to seek funding from your own country, I doubt very many people on TSR would know how the Polish system works.
Reply 2
Polish system doesn't work . Ok, many thanks then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending