The Student Room Group

Highest requirements.

Was thinking earlier, what is the course with the highest entry requirements in the UK? Is it a course at Cambridge or Warwick's Math course?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Entry requirements are a bit misleading. The minimum for Cambridge is A*AA but you'd be very lucky to get that offer, usually they ask for 2 A*s or even 3
Reply 2
Original post by Miryo
Entry requirements are a bit misleading. The minimum for Cambridge is A*AA but you'd be very lucky to get that offer, usually they ask for 2 A*s or even 3

Really? I know Churchill ask for A*A*AA for Law, is that the highest?
the highest for IB i've seen is 42 trinity college cambridge
Reply 4
Original post by chickenonsteroids
the highest for IB i've seen is 42 trinity college cambridge

What course? And what grades would that be at A-level? - if it's possible to guess
Aeronautical at Imperial is A*A*A I think
There are quite a few A*/A*/A courses at the top unis (mainly the maths based ones).

Though given that the difficulty of STEP 2/3 blows any A level out of the water, i'd probably say that maths at Cambridge is in winning position for having the most difficult entry requirements.
Original post by Miryo

Original post by Miryo

It's STEP that makes it hard, loads of people make the A-Level requirements.
Reply 8
some person on tsr got a A*A*A* SS offer from cambridge for maths last year......hardest offer till date I would say. Generally Imperial have the highest requirements I reckon.
Reply 9
Cambridge Maths' standard offer is A*AA 1,1 which is probably the hardest to get out of any standard offers. Also as already said, Churchill wants A*A*AA for Law and if you're doing non-science subjects, getting both A*s may be quite hard as well since it's subjective - still STEP is prob the hardest requirement in any offer.
Original post by srascal8
What course? And what grades would that be at A-level? - if it's possible to guess

i'm not sure. All i know that based on UCAS points 45 is 6As and 1B but i'm not sure what universities think of it
hi guys
i just recieved my gcse and they are very bad.this is what i got
maths=B
core sicence=B
english lang=B
english literature=A
additional science=A
citizenship=A*
R.E=A*
engineering=A*
graphics design=A*
business studies=A*
I.T=A
arabic=A

i really want to get into imperial college and i think my gcse will set me back. i am doing MATHS,BIOLOGY,CHEMISTRY,PHYSICS for a level and further maths at A2. i have lots of work experiance lined up like RAF museum aeronautics department,BAE,AIRBUS. lets say a get 3A* and A for chem and a for further maths, is there a chance of me even thinking about imperial collage.i don't think i will get into it because of my extremly bad gcse
Original post by kaboon-supreme
hi guys
maths=B
core sicence=B
english lang=B
english literature=A
additional science=A
citizenship=A*
R.E=A*
engineering=A*
graphics design=A*
business studies=A*
I.T=A
arabic=A

i really want to get into imperial college and i think my gcse will set me back. i am doing MATHS,BIOLOGY,CHEMISTRY,PHYSICS for a level and further maths at A2. i have lots of work experiance lined up like RAF museum aeronautics department,BAE,AIRBUS. lets say a get 3A* and A for chem and a for further maths, is there a chance of me even thinking about imperial collage.i don't think i will get into it because of my extremly bad gcse

Maybe, if your AS results were AAAA with 90%+ UMS, however I don't think your GCSEs look great for imperial, I know someone who got straight A*s at GCSE and then AAAA for AS, and got rejected, granted it was for Physics.

If you went from BB in Maths and Core Science to A*s, I'd say that in itself is something both spectacular and rare. So good luck, focus on your AS year and the work experience may help, but I'm not sure how much it counts, it would look nice on a PS, but academia is all the top unis care about tbh
Reply 13
hi guys
maths=B
core sicence=B
english lang=B
english literature=A
additional science=A
citizenship=A*
R.E=A*
engineering=A*
graphics design=A*
business studies=A*
I.T=A
arabic=A

My GCSEs are worse than yours and I manage to get an offer. Imperial almost puts no emphasis on GCSE as long as you got Bs in the relevant subjects. What course you planning to read?
my extremly bad gcse

:rofl:

Quite apart from the fact that you should have started your own thread, quit fishing for compliments about your GCSE grades :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Original post by Origami Bullets
:rofl:

Quite apart from the fact that you should have started your own thread, quit fishing for compliments about your GCSE grades :rolleyes:

Quite common amongst TSRians tbh
Original post by *Hakz*
Quite common amongst TSRians tbh

Yeah, true. It always takes them a few years to realise that GCSEs don't actually matter a fig anyway, so long as you get B/C grades in English & Maths.
Reply 17
Well tbh his GCSEs are below IC's standard so it's normal for him write such comment.
hi guys
maths=B
core sicence=B
english lang=B
english literature=A
additional science=A
citizenship=A*
R.E=A*
engineering=A*
graphics design=A*
business studies=A*
I.T=A
arabic=A

Oh please, you know they aren't bad results.

Universities don't tend to care much for work experience, just spend a bit of time talking about it in a couple of lines in your personal statement and link it to the course where possible. What is important now are your AS grades. I'm sure you'll be fine getting into Imperial with those GCSEs (depending on the course). Focus on your A-levels for now and have a look at the entry requirements.
Reply 19
hi guys
maths=B
core sicence=B
english lang=B
english literature=A
additional science=A
citizenship=A*
R.E=A*
engineering=A*
graphics design=A*
business studies=A*
I.T=A
arabic=A

with grades like that you can only be destined to a life of minimum wage and total and utter lack of job satisfaction.

On a side note, I could spell "DUDE" twice with my gcse's and I still got into a redbrick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending