The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds Met Applications 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
UNITE is far better than OPAL 1,2 AND 3... If anyone is studying in town (Rose Bowl etc) I would advise staying in the plazza or sky plazza thats were i lived and its really nice and the town is on your doorstep which saves alot of money!
First year i lived in Concept place (opposite opal 1/2 and the tannery) which is also really nice.. but a 10/15 minute walk into town, my housemates lived in Opal and they said if they went back they would have picked unite.
Single beds suck in opal!
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 21
Original post by Jaidenh
UNITE is far better than OPAL 1,2 AND 3... If anyone is studying in town (Rose Bowl etc) I would advise staying in the plazza or sky plazza thats were i lived and its really nice and the town is on your doorstep which saves alot of money!
First year i lived in Concept place (opposite opal 1/2 and the tannery) which is also really nice.. but a 10/15 minute walk into town, my housemates lived in Opal and they said if they went back they would have picked unite.

If your tall i def wouldn't advice it haha they are tiny! My friend is 6ft and he hated it
Reply 22
Original post by Jaidenh

Why do single beds suck in opal? O.o
Reply 23
Original post by Deyesy
Why do single beds suck in opal? O.o

You would rather have a double bed
Reply 24
:biggrin:
Original post by Jaidenh
You would rather have a double bed

Well who wouldn't? :biggrin: Single beds aren't very practical...:tongue:
Reply 25
Original post by Deyesy
:biggrin:

Well who wouldn't? :biggrin: Single beds aren't very practical...:tongue:

Hence why im saying stay away from opal lol its all single bed whereas unite is all double :smile:
Reply 26
Just got a conditional offer WHOOOP! :banana:
Reply 27
Original post by Akanns
Just got a conditional offer WHOOOP! :banana:

Congratulations :smile: When did you send your Ucas off?
Reply 28
Original post by Deyesy
Congratulations :smile: When did you send your Ucas off?

Thank you :smile: urmm the 5th or 3rd of November...what course you applying to?
Reply 29
Original post by Akanns
Thank you :smile: urmm the 5th or 3rd of November...what course you applying to?

Sociology :smile:
Reply 30
music technology :biggrin: :biggrin: anyone else doing that?
Got my offer today for Sociology :biggrin:
Reply 32
You lucky thing >.<
Reply 33
Has anyone else that got that email saying Leeds Met would reply by the end of November, still not had a reply? :-(
Reply 34
Original post by gpostleth
Has anyone else that got that email saying Leeds Met would reply by the end of November, still not had a reply? :-(

I applied for Primary Ed and heard back for an interview, but a girl I know from college applied for History and she's in the same position as you, so don't worry :smile:
Reply 35
Seems most subjects send offers round the same sort of time? Anyone else applied for a Sports related degree? If so have you heard back and when did you apply?

Only been 2 weeks for me but you know how it is waiting for your first offer...especially from your first choice.
Reply 36
Original post by irdan
Seems most subjects send offers round the same sort of time? Anyone else applied for a Sports related degree? If so have you heard back and when did you apply?

Only been 2 weeks for me but you know how it is waiting for your first offer...especially from your first choice.

I head back today :biggrin: had it sent off over a month. and it was for sport and exercise science
Reply 37
Original post by gpostleth
I head back today :biggrin: had it sent off over a month. and it was for sport and exercise science

Hi mate, nice one - was it a decent offer? I only sent my application off at the end of November. Is Leeds Met your first choice?

I've applied for that course and Physical Education.
Reply 38
Original post by irdan
Hi mate, nice one - was it a decent offer? I only sent my application off at the end of November. Is Leeds Met your first choice?

I've applied for that course and Physical Education.

Yeah pretty good, 280 ucas points with 240 from A2, so that's CCC I have to get this year which I should get comfortably :smile:
Leeds Met would be my second choice. Edinburgh's my first but they are sooo competitive to get an offer so I'm not realistically expecting to get an offer from them in which case Leeds Met it is!
Reply 39
Has anyone got an offer for Physical Education?

Quick Reply

Latest