The Student Room Group

How to make friends 9 weeks after freshers?!? PLEASE HELP!

So after numerous attempts to make friends i still have none! I don't know what to do! I've joined societies but not many other fresher have joined societies. I've tried talking to people in lecture but that doesn't work. I don't any flat mates that i like at all :frown:

People are starting to look for accommodation for next year & i have no-one.

Please help!
Reply 1
Lol, me neither. I often feel like quitting but then I'll get scolded anyway so it's just work work work gym gym gym.
Reply 2
Don't worry about the moving in with people thing next year. We have alot of "I want to move in with you your my bestest bestest friend" then relationships change people get boyfriends people break up with their boyfriends and then the social groups change. I am looking for a place of my own as well so just incase no-one wants to move in with me I still won't be homeless.

Some of my really good mates here I didn't meet during freshers I met them through going to student union events (open mic night) and just randomly by holding a door open and getting nattering, another good friend i started nattering to on the train and he goes to the same college and got nattering that way. I suppose my circumstances may be different as we only have 100 first year students in our "school" department of college and we all get to know one another fairly fast so not sure what differences there would be in a huge university...

where do you study?
You're in the same position as me. I'm in my first year of Uni which is 8hrs away from home and two nearly three months into it. I have no one apart from my flatmates and everyone on my course have their own cliques and groups.
I have no one that I'm living with next year so I'm living in halls again. I'm also thinking of joining societies.
But remember you will make lifelong friends in your own time

Quick Reply

Latest