Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

OCR Media Studies A2 RETAKE JAN 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, this is my first post cause' lets be honest, i'm really despret for answers since i'm an ex student at my sixthform, teachers arnt so willing to help!
    I'm re-taking my MEDIA A2 exam in january, and wondered if anyone else out there is?

I need to ask...

Will the overall grade go down if i get a lower grade from originally?
    Will the exam paper be based on the same thing as last year (i did somthing about We Media) its very very vauge, but it was so long ago, i really can't remember what i'm ment to be doing an exam on!)

I've never really retaken anything before, and i'm so desprett to up my grades I've retaken ALL EXAMS. while also working FULL TIME. Its ridiculous but i really want to go to uni next year to do Film Making Studies, so i really really need media to go from a D to at least a B..

thanks!! xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashaabee)
    Hi guys, this is my first post cause' lets be honest, i'm really despret for answers since i'm an ex student at my sixthform, teachers arnt so willing to help!
    I'm re-taking my MEDIA A2 exam in january, and wondered if anyone else out there is?

I need to ask...

Will the overall grade go down if i get a lower grade from originally?
    Will the exam paper be based on the same thing as last year (i did somthing about We Media) its very very vauge, but it was so long ago, i really can't remember what i'm ment to be doing an exam on!)

I've never really retaken anything before, and i'm so desprett to up my grades I've retaken ALL EXAMS. while also working FULL TIME. Its ridiculous but i really want to go to uni next year to do Film Making Studies, so i really really need media to go from a D to at least a B..

thanks!! xx
    If you take an exam more than once, the better/best mark you get is the one that counts so your grade will not go down.

Have a good look round at
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...ies/documents/

You should find the answers to your questions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, but i really need to know more on what the exam is about, i'm one of those people... if i read the exam papers (past - which i have) i don't understand it, i need to be spoon fed what it is i'm ment to be writing about, then i can get on with it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashaabee)
    Thankyou, but i really need to know more on what the exam is about, i'm one of those people... if i read the exam papers (past - which i have) i don't understand it, i need to be spoon fed what it is i'm ment to be writing about, then i can get on with it
    In that case I suggest you get a tutor.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the 2012 january question?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venthan)
    Does anyone know the 2012 january question?
    1a - conventions from real media texts 1b - representation
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3cognize)
    1a - conventions from real media texts 1b - representation
    Thank you

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 13, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.