The Student Room Group

Letting go?

Hi guys, I'm new here -waves- :smile:

Backstory
So here's the dealo.

Me and my ex were school sweethearts and in a relationship for a year and a half. She's amazing, great, perfect. I'm so in love with her.

We broke up, because I needed time to think this relationship through, see if was what I wanted. It really was what I wanted, I had a gut feeling, but needed to be sure. She didn't want a break so it lead to me ending it.

I feel like such a clown.

Main
So we are friends now, well at least trying to be. We always argue and make up, like we did towards the end of the relationship. I know I care for her so much and love her too. I know that I am a big part of her life too.

I don't want to lose her, but I don't want to continue arguing. We keep making "fresh starts" and they always go wrong.

I care for her deeply, I have said things I didn't mean, broken promises too. I felt terrible. I have apologised for those things, bought her gifts too. I know that she may never forget that. The arguments we have almost erase those gifts and the things I have said.

Ending/Questions
I don't want to not be her friend, I don't want to argue either. We are better as friends than a relationship, because when we are good, we are amazing, and when we are bad, we are ridiculous. I love her!

What can I do?
I am the main reason for arguments
I can be boring and depressing especially when I miss her
I don't want to hurt her and I don't want to see her get hurt either
I don't want to be the creepy ex-boyfriend, but I do feel like it!
Help!!!
sounds like me and my ex/boyfriend/i dont know what we are.
This is only one viewpoint, but you might do better having more time apart from each other to make you both realise that you want each other/or don't.

It's common to love your ex, though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending