The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Original post by Hustler-1337
For a moment I thought you were genuinely passionate about working at Sainsburys (which is a good thing), but then I read your last sentence lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I am genuinely passionate believe or not:biggrin: I always shop at Sainsbury's(would that be a good thing to mention in the interview?) I love the brand, the uniform, the people etc as customer i have received an excellent customer service:biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by coopsyy
I also have an interview next week with Sainsburys! Eeek :biggrin:

So the interview consists of a 'dvd assesment' and a 1 to 1 interview - am i right?

Yeah it does :smile: aswell as a 'basic maths' test :| aha!
Original post by coopsyy
Hey all :smile:

I've got an interview next tuesday for General Assistant (night shift), was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips for the interview? :smile: As will be my first proper interview despite having 3 part time jobs :/ at least if i do badly on tuesday it will help me prepare for another interview i have on thursday with halifax :smile:

I have the same interview, just for the day shift, :smile: I did alot of research and they will ask you questions along the lines of: 'What do you know about Sainsburys?' so just go on the website and say stuff about fairtrade etc :smile: 'Why do you want to work for Sainsburys?' so how you like helping people, etc :smile:

Apparently it is really easy, my friend had an interview and she is quite shy! You'll be fine! Good luck. :smile:
Reply 2003
I have such a bad colddd and I've got work in a couple of hours. This is not going to be fun :frown: I have no idea what to doo, they can't put me on checkouts surely, but then I was off ill last week so can't not go in. I'm like sneezing constantly :|
Reply 2004
Starting my first ever shift in 2 hours, and im nervous for no bloody reason.
Original post by Kloten
Starting my first ever shift in 2 hours, and im nervous for no bloody reason.

Good luck! I had mine last week it went so good. What department are you on?

Reply 2006
Original post by AmyBarbie
Good luck! I had mine last week it went so good. What department are you on?

Convenience Customer Service Assistant in a local store, bit of everything i guess.
(edited 11 years ago)
Has anyone had experience using their discount card on the Sainsbury's website. I've had an email through to confirm that my card has been registered to my account. I was told that the discount is taken off when you get to the checkout page, but I've ordered something and nothing seems to have happened.
Reply 2008
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Having looked on the Union's website, one of their definitions of bullying is when somebody holds back another colleague out of spite to prevent them from progressing. So how can you excuse what my manager is doing to me?

If he hates me so much and doesn't want me working for him (yet doesn't have a reason to sack me) then I need to be TRAINED TO DO THINGS, and only then transfer stores. If I am being prevented from even being trained to use a handset and do some codechecking etc, then how will my chances of employment improve in the years to come?

I will have to turn up at my next store as some kind of mature general assistant who isn't trained to do anything apart from walk brainlessly back and forth with U-Shapes. :rolleyes:

I also face the facts that my self-esteem has been flattened so badly that I don't even know what the benefits are of changing stores now. :frown: Quite possibly I need to think of things other than supermarkets because I don't fit the mould (I work too hard) of what I am supposed to be in them.

I swear every time i read this thread you have something negative to say, like the whole world is against you.

Seriously.
Reply 2009
A new checkout supervisor has been appointed at my store and they have been given 30 hour contract.
I am a new supervisor as well, though I was promoted from within but I can't help but resent the arrival of the new supervisor primarily because I wanted more hours but instead this new supervisor gets appointed from the outside and gets given more hours, she isnt even trained on everything to do with checkouts but will probably be eventually. There were other internal staff who wanted to become supervisors as well.

My manager says the most hours that can be given to anyone except a team leader is 25 hours however this new supervisor has been given more.

I know its not good to be envious but I work damn hard and have been rewarded by becoming a supervisor but this new supervisor has changed the way I am feeling.

I should ask for more hours but I doubt there will be any because of the new supervisor but should I speak to my manager?

I don't know what to do :frown:

I don't want abrupt responses, just feeling a bit OTT atm.
Reply 2010
If you want more hours, then yes it is important that you speak with your manager ASAP.

Its a shame that someone recruited externally was given more hours than you, but that's just the way it works sometimes - sometimes vacancies are put on IREC with no thought whatsoever to the feelings of those that currently work for the company, and that's annoying.
Original post by Kloten
Convenience Customer Service Assistant in a local store, bit of everything i guess.

Thats a plus with Convenience you get do everything , dressing , working stock , tills and self scans . If your early you may be trained on Bakery if your store has one . And smaller store means you get know your colleagues a bit better.

If there was a negative and this may not apply to you is that there may not be enough overtime going around for people who asked for it .
Original post by onda
if i get the job(I hope), I am planning to cycle to work, but I want to ask since i do not have a lock where can I put my bike?

At my store there is an area out the back us staff can leave our bikes. Surely your store will have a few cycle rails for customers if not?! And do ask - it shows keenness for the job, forward thinking, initiative. Good luck!! :smile:
I was at work at my store earlier, and this old woman of about 80-something sitting in a wheelchair signals she wants to ask me something. (Note: I think she is also somewhat potty!!) I walk over to try to help, but rather than asking the location of the jelly or whatever, she grabs my hand with hers, and says:

"In my time, I have fancied many things and gone off them. I fancied you but have just gone off you too..."

If she wasnt joking i will be seriously freaked!! Out-randomising me takes some doing but I must give the potty one credit where credit is due!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 2014
Hi, been reading this site for the last couple of years but have only got round to registering now! :smile:

I have been offered a job at sainsburys, and I have my induction next week. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what I should wear? And also where should I go when I arrive at the store?
Reply 2015
Congrats on getting the job! Just wear what you wore to interview (smart trousers, shirt, tie, nice shoes) go to the customer service desk and say you're there for induction and they will sort you out! good luck :-)
Why are sainsburys uniforms so baggy

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by bubelah
What EXACTLY is your manager doing?

How about spreading rumours to other colleagues that I was raped on holiday?

Went to Thailand + phoned in sick afterwards with "diarrhoea" = obviously raped anally by a ladyboy :rolleyes:

I didn't realise rape was a jokey subject. :mad:

He did it to deliberately undermine me to other colleagues, who now know that he doesn't respect me, which will in turn allow them to bully me even more knowing that they will not be reprimanded by the manager, who has proven he is on their side.

And making a complaint won't work, because nobody will stick up for me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SteveDawson
Why are sainsburys uniforms so baggy

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Well at my store, a lot of fat people work there. And with my current depression, I will be one of them soon, so I am not complaining about a bit of bagginess.
Joining in the thread, been offered a job and got my induction weds-fri next week. Working in the cafe :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending