The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
Just wondering how long it took people to hear back from sainsburys after having there interview? :smile:

And where i work now i don't get paid till next friday...rather jealous :frown: Hurry up friday! :biggrin:
Reply 2141
Original post by ssej
Looks like fri 13th isn't so unlucky for you :wink:

LOL

Maybe i got paid the money you weren't paid :wink::biggrin:
Original post by RJ100
LOL

Maybe i got paid the money you weren't paid :wink::biggrin:

May I have my wages please?
Reply 2143
Original post by coopsyy
Just wondering how long it took people to hear back from sainsburys after having there interview? :smile:

And where i work now i don't get paid till next friday...rather jealous :frown: Hurry up friday! :biggrin:

Exactly a week for me
Original post by firestar101
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I applied for a position as a convenience customer service assistant. I have been told that I passed the application stage and now need to have a telephone interview.

Does anyone know what they normally ask in telephone interview?

Anyone?
Reply 2145
Original post by firestar101
Anyone?

I had a 1-1 interview, not a phone interview. But I'm sure people have mentioned them on here before and it'll probably be similar to most other interviews just like why do you want to work here? What do you know about the company? What are your weaknesses/strengths... Etc. Sorry I'm not much help.
Reply 2146
Original post by conniebee
May I have my wages please?

I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure after working it out that its down to emergency tax, cause its pretty much 80% of what I thought I'd get. I needed the extra money for my holiday :frown:
Original post by RJ100
Think I have been paid too much lol

Will check my payslip later! :biggrin:

Lucky you. If you don't need the money, I'll happily give you my account no and sort code to transfer the funds. :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ssej
I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure after working it out that its down to emergency tax, cause its pretty much 80% of what I thought I'd get. I needed the extra money for my holiday :frown:

Yeah, my mum said this to me as well. I am not gonna be happy if it is. I was expecting £408 not £288 :frown:
Original post by Kloten
Same here i have worked 25 hours at £6.74 ph and i have received £54.....................wonderful.

Ouch , is that Overtime or just contracted hours?
Reply 2150
Original post by scott125
Ouch , is that Overtime or just contracted hours?

As i'm new 5 hours - induction, 13 hours - contracted and 7 hours -overtime. I didn't clock in a couple of times but i asked my manager and he said its fine and it would go through. I work tonight so i will ask about it.
Reply 2151
Did my 2 induction days wednesday and thursday and have my training next wednesday, thursday and friday!!! Shame those 2 inductions didnt go towards this months pay day! Could have done with £60
Reply 2152
Is the discount 15% again? Haven't been in for a few weeks for Holidays, but I'm about to order a Nintendo 3DS XL online and it's showing as 15 rather than usual 10? Plus the first time code for an additional 10.

So yeah, if you have the new discount card and haven't shopped on Sainsburys Entertainment before, 25% to be had off it seems with the code 'SETENJ12"
Urgh, got the boss from hell.Hes a complete control freak and one of the most unpleasant people i have ever met.

He treats people appallingly, so rude and arrogant. Had my review today (after weeks of asking) and had the cheek to say 'improve attitude' and 'listen to management'. So rich coming from the man who is always right and everyone else in the world is wrong and won't listen to a word you say.

Morale is rock bottom after he's started threatening people including management with discplinaries and accusing people of stealing. I can't work under a man like that.

Anyway after seeing 3 security breaches by him i contacted the Rightline. I wouldn't have bothered had it been most managers but because i know how much of a fuss he'd have made had it been me, i thought it was only right. One thing i cannot stand is hypocrites and horrible people. I'll see if it gets dealt with or not. If not suppose down the bullying complaints route. We'll see
Normally a lurker but I'm slightly confused about Sainsbury's sick pay policy? I joined last October and recently was off ill for two days.

I looked online and it said after 6 months colleagues are entitled to sick pay but I was docked 12 hours on my payslip :frown: Slightly gutted about this but I was just wwanting to know what the actual policy is?
Reply 2155
Original post by Acid Nation
Normally a lurker but I'm slightly confused about Sainsbury's sick pay policy? I joined last October and recently was off ill for two days.

I looked online and it said after 6 months colleagues are entitled to sick pay but I was docked 12 hours on my payslip :frown: Slightly gutted about this but I was just wwanting to know what the actual policy is?

I had to wait two years before I got sick pay.
Original post by FXX
I had to wait two years before I got sick pay.

Welp. I'm hearing so many different views on it. So confusing! My manager reckons you only get it after 3 days of absence and others say you have to have been with them for two years. Oh well!
Original post by Acid Nation
Welp. I'm hearing so many different views on it. So confusing! My manager reckons you only get it after 3 days of absence and others say you have to have been with them for two years. Oh well!

I believe after your probation/6 months (I'm not sure which) the first three days off sick are unpaid. After 2 years you get sick pay straight away.

Original post by matt4504
I believe after your probation/6 months (I'm not sure which) the first three days off sick are unpaid. After 2 years you get sick pay straight away.

This would make a lot of sense. Thanks for clearing that up!
Reply 2159
Matt4504 is spot on with regards to sickness policy.

Latest

Trending

Trending