The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GuyUK
So, you go to the changing room and change your jacket, get food, then go back to the changing room and change back to your Sainsburys top?

I might do that actually :biggrin:

It proberly take a few minutes tho.

You could just get a hoodie out of your locker and wear it over your shirt whilst on the shop floor on your break. That's what I do. :smile:
Reply 801
I got my till training on Wednesday, can anyone tell me what will happen ?
Original post by RJ100
I got my till training on Wednesday, can anyone tell me what will happen ?

You'll get trained on how to use the till. the different functions like how to put in fruit and veg, how to top up a phone card. Think 25. Basic scanning technique.

Nothing too strenuous. Eventually you will get to know the PLU codes for fruit and veg like 4011 and 3017 which can be used instead of going into the menu and looking for them.
Reply 803
Original post by GuyUK
So, you go to the changing room and change your jacket, get food, then go back to the changing room and change back to your Sainsburys top?

I might do that actually :biggrin:

It proberly take a few minutes tho.

Yep, exactly what I do :smile:

I have to go in there anyway to get my wallet, takes less than a minute.
Reply 804
How much does everyone get paid? I thought it was the same at all sainsbury's but apparently this is not the case. I get £7.04 per hour!
What happens if you accidently clock in rather than clock out, then realise your mistake and clock out? Done this twice this month, both on the longest shifts I do so I really don't want to lose money!
Reply 806
Original post by Saliency
You'll get trained on how to use the till. the different functions like how to put in fruit and veg, how to top up a phone card. Think 25. Basic scanning technique.

Nothing too strenuous. Eventually you will get to know the PLU codes for fruit and veg like 4011 and 3017 which can be used instead of going into the menu and looking for them.

I never really got any training , they just showed how set up your password etc . Ive not had much training at all so im still clueless and im just worried it annoys other colleagues.
Reply 807
Original post by sparklingstar101
What happens if you accidently clock in rather than clock out, then realise your mistake and clock out? Done this twice this month, both on the longest shifts I do so I really don't want to lose money!

Don't know, I've had times when I've wondered if I've clocked out or not lol

Don't think anything will happen, as you were still clocked in then clocked out. Maybe speak to HR when you're next in?
Reply 808
Original post by TB.93
How much does everyone get paid? I thought it was the same at all sainsbury's but apparently this is not the case. I get £7.04 per hour!

I believe I get paid 1p more than you per hour. :cool:

every little helps :tongue:
To all you lucky buggers on £7+ do you live in London?
I'm on £6.61
Reply 810
Original post by thatg
I believe I get paid 1p more than you per hour. :cool:

every little helps :tongue:

Haha sure does!
Reply 811
I'm on £6.61

Nope I live just outside London! When I started I got 5:25 because I was 17 then we all got a 2.5% increase and I turned 18 so it went up by quite a lot!
Reply 812
I'm on £6.61

Nope, I live around 60 miles from London
Original post by TB.93
Nope I live just outside London! When I started I got 5:25 because I was 17 then we all got a 2.5% increase and I turned 18 so it went up by quite a lot!

Original post by thatg
Nope, I live around 60 miles from London

:redface: i'm a bit surprised by that. I think there should be a standard rate throughout the UK as we all are doing the same work at the end of the day. I am a bit jealous of you guys :tongue:
Reply 814
:redface: i'm a bit surprised by that. I think there should be a standard rate throughout the UK as we all are doing the same work at the end of the day. I am a bit jealous of you guys :tongue:

Yh. we're doing the same work but it might also go on how the store performs.

See, my store might be doing better than TB.93 hence the extra 1p.
Reply 815

The work might be the same but the cost of living is completely different...
Reply 816
Colleagues at my store get paid £6.48 probationary and I think £6.59 competency.
I'm on 6.38 but compared to my last job which paid 4.50 it's a nice wage :wink:
What is the best/most interesting fun role at Sainsburys?

Ive been working as Online Shopper and it's really repetitive and isolated because there just seems to be very little social interaction between collegaues and customers, everyone just takes a handset and off we go, collecting items after items and then the day just finishes. I wouldn't like checkout either. I feel like a robot, like im part of the shopping basket at the moment lol. I have to admit the job role is extremely easy, all you do is just collect items and thats it.

I want work as a Counter Assistant or work in Bakery like my sister and her friend does. To me it seems more interesting because you meet the customers, talk to them in person and work as part of a team so it doesn't feel like your on your own. And you meet new people everyday or have a little chat, persuade them to buy something and that is fun!

What does everyone find is most interesting?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by thatg
Yh. we're doing the same work but it might also go on how the store performs.

See, my store might be doing better than TB.93 hence the extra 1p.

It may be that then :tongue:

Original post by FXX
The work might be the same but the cost of living is completely different...

Yes I know, usually it's just London which has the higher regional wages, which is why I asked the question first.

Latest

Trending

Trending