The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

two day induction over! :biggrin: though it was actually kinda fun :P I'm working in the produce department and I'm starting my first shift on Sunday :s-smilie:
Reply 1081
Original post by FreeRangeEggs
two day induction over! :biggrin: though it was actually kinda fun :P I'm working in the produce department and I'm starting my first shift on Sunday :s-smilie:

Ah I'm jealous! Im still waiting for my call/text/email whatever to see if I've got the job or not! How long did it take them to get back to you? And how did they get back to you?
Original post by Robskeh
Ah I'm jealous! Im still waiting for my call/text/email whatever to see if I've got the job or not! How long did it take them to get back to you? And how did they get back to you?

They emailed me three days after my interview. Best of luck! :biggrin:
Reply 1083
Original post by FreeRangeEggs
They emailed me three days after my interview. Best of luck! :biggrin:

Thanks man, the DVD tripped me up a bit with the customer service questions but hopefully I did OK. Some of the answers were obvious then some were so similar and you had to guess the context sometimes.

The guy that was interviewing me went into great detail about my job role, was talking like I had it and seemed pretty interested in me. But as it seems the mark from the DVD questions seems more important.

I posted a day or so ago here actually :P Have a read:

Had my interview today. Have mixed feelings about how I did really.

The DVD was alright, the customer service questions seemed easy but there was definitely a few designed to trip you up. The answers were either similar or made you think outside the box.

The most annoying thing was being told by HR before the interview that my out of date passport would be ok. Then getting there and told we may not be able to continue. I made a deal to walk home and get my birth certificate though (6 miles walk there and back, and it was raining!).

However the guy seemed interested in me and went into great detail about my job role, so as I said i'm not sure at all how I did. Hopefully hear back about it soon!
Original post by helliethepinapple21
What are the requirements to qualify for the bonus? If you left at the beginning of May (so would still be due some money in the May pay cheque) would you get the bonus paid out too? Thanks

Hi Does anyone know the answer to this ^ as I need to hand in my notice soon, cheers
Original post by helliethepinapple21
Hi Does anyone know the answer to this ^ as I need to hand in my notice soon, cheers

I'm not 100% sure, but as bonus checking has to be confirmed by tomorrow afternoon, I'd have presumed if you resigned at the beginning of next week, the bonus money would be safe :smile:
So what time do Sainsbury's close tomorrow, seeing as its good friday? My normal store opening hours are 7am-10pm.
Original post by Negotiator
So what time do Sainsbury's close tomorrow, seeing as its good friday? My normal store opening hours are 7am-10pm.

The store I work in shuts at 8pm, but I imagine different stores will vary.
Alright, just checked the website and it seems all the store that I checked are closing a 8pm.

Original post by Liam6993
The store I work in shuts at 8pm, but I imagine different stores will vary.
Reply 1089
which paycheck is the bonus in, this april one or the may one?
Original post by Negotiator

I usually work 4-9 on Fridays, but today I am doing 4-8. My manager doesn't know it yet though. No way I'm working for an hour after the shop shuts. Even on Sundays I only do 30mins after closing, and even that is unbearable.
Original post by DDS
which paycheck is the bonus in, this april one or the may one?

The May one. :smile:
Reply 1092
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I usually work 4-9 on Fridays, but today I am doing 4-8. My manager doesn't know it yet though. No way I'm working for an hour after the shop shuts. Even on Sundays I only do 30mins after closing, and even that is unbearable.

Usually if you are working an hour after the shop closes, its to dress the store. Im pretty sure you can't just leave an hour early because you can't be bothered staying in. Just because the shop is shut , doesn't mean there isn't work to be done......
Reply 1093
Why are some staff soo stupid? Just read this on the Sainsbury's Facebook page

Can't believe I have just been into sainsburys at hartlepool and despite having Id showing I am 23 was refused sale of the child's DVD Alvin and the chipmunks shipwrecked and was told I had to be 25 to buy it despite the dvd bring a u certificate i have since bought the same DVD in Asda and had absolutely no problems at all
Reply 1094
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel

You can't just decide to leave an hour before your shift finishes. lol.
Reply 1095
just wondering what is mysainsburys??? i saw it advertised at work today how do you sign up?? what does it involve??
Have my first shift on Sunday in the produce department :smile: What's the produce department like to work in?
Reply 1097
My normal shift tomorrow is 5.30 - 10.30 but it has been moved to 4.30 - 9.30, does that mean i can claim overtime for 30 mins?
Reply 1098
Original post by RJ100
My normal shift tomorrow is 5.30 - 10.30 but it has been moved to 4.30 - 9.30, does that mean i can claim overtime for 30 mins?

No. Why would it?
Reply 1099
Original post by FXX
No. Why would it?

Just asking, im fairly new to Sainsburys :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending