The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DDS
should have said you don't give permission to sainsburys to eavesdrop on your facebook, look where phone tapping got news of the world :wink:

Actually by signing your contract you have given them permission. The rules about social networking are also clearly displayed in the colleague handbook, so you wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on should you be sacked for writing something inappropriate.
My Sainsburys is having a makeover of the drinks aisle, with some new products, such as Levi Roots and other varieties of soft drinks coming in. Major sulks though, as they have got rid of a lot of canned drinks - cans of Sainsburys Own Brand Cloudy Lemonade, my favourite energy drink, has GONE, leaving only the diet stuff. I am on unofficial strike, as I do not like diet drinks, if I am going to have it I am going to have it properly!! (I do have a feeling that this is nationwide, and not just in Bridgmead Swindon!!)
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&pwst=1&biw=1024&bih=455&tbm=isch&tbnid=S_VyZTWjlUqYeM:&imgrefurl=http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/sainsburys-price-comparison/Soft_Drinks/Sainsburys_Cloudy_Lemonade_6x330ml.html&docid=UgguV10I3X_9KM&imgurl=http://images.mysupermarket.co.uk/ProductsDetailed/62/009362.jpg&w=300&h=182&ei=2fObT-CyHKe_0QX1won4Dg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=401&vpy=150&dur=267&hovh=145&hovw=240&tx=193&ty=73&sig=100181679534759628839&page=2&tbnh=114&tbnw=188&start=13&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:13,i:104

One other thing I did notice this morning: we have now changed our seasonal aisle over again. The seasonal theme for the month? Baby stuff!! Obviously 'tis the season to have kiddies!! :smile:
Reply 1282
Yep the drinks aisles in our store are being totally reworked today/tonight. Something like 260 new lines over four aisles. Going to be an absolute nightmare locating products for us online shoppers :tongue:
Original post by FXX
Yep the drinks aisles in our store are being totally reworked today/tonight. Something like 260 new lines over four aisles. Going to be an absolute nightmare locating products for us online shoppers :tongue:

Tell me about it, fellow shopper!! :smile: When a customer asks me where the newly located drinks are, I do what I do best - improvise like hell!! Lol!! They havent given us location labels so we cant change the locations - the system reckons lemonade is still in aisle 12; it's now in aisle 10!! Freakin nightmare!! But I love a challenge... lol!!! :biggrin:
Reply 1284
Original post by simonbellringer
Tell me about it, fellow shopper!! :smile: When a customer asks me where the newly located drinks are, I do what I do best - improvise like hell!! Lol!! They havent given us location labels so we cant change the locations - the system reckons lemonade is still in aisle 12; it's now in aisle 10!! Freakin nightmare!! But I love a challenge... lol!!! :biggrin:

Well I informed our manager last week about the problem it's going to cause (nearly 4 years experience with it now :tongue: ), been off this week though so don't know if she's listened to me. I get the feeling I'll be saying "I told you so", though :/
Original post by FXX
Well I informed our manager last week about the problem it's going to cause (nearly 4 years experience with it now :tongue: ), been off this week though so don't know if she's listened to me. I get the feeling I'll be saying "I told you so", though :/

Apparantly, "the magic pixies" nick all our location labels at night - my manager cannot IMAGINE the nighties removing them!! Though some of the night shift here hate us shoppers, they are so obnoxious towards us it is beyond belief!! Oh well, I take it out on the customers in return.... lol!!! :smile:
Reply 1286
Apparantly, "the magic pixies" nick all our location labels at night - my manager cannot IMAGINE the nighties removing them!! Though some of the night shift here hate us shoppers, they are so obnoxious towards us it is beyond belief!! Oh well, I take it out on the customers in return.... lol!!! :smile:

Most of our night shift seems to be alright towards me but there are a couple that seem to do their upmost to get in my way. In that case I just bash their stuff out the way (would have been an MCM fail!). I know they moan about us a lot but they never say anything to your face, so all in all it's kinda pathetic. We're all there to do a job, they know what they can do if they don't like it.
Original post by FXX
Most of our night shift seems to be alright towards me but there are a couple that seem to do their upmost to get in my way. In that case I just bash their stuff out the way (would have been an MCM fail!). I know they moan about us a lot but they never say anything to your face, so all in all it's kinda pathetic. We're all there to do a job, they know what they can do if they don't like it.

Yes, a lot of ours are Ok and I can have a good conversation on my way round before they go. However, there are a few that are plain obnoxious and don't like us!! They are kinda pathetic, though I can sympathise with grumps. I could do the job, but would hate the hours and the pressure!! I dont bash their stuff as most of them are 50(milliion!!) years older so I would have my head bitten off and spat out by them. Literally. And I mean that. Oh well... :smile:
Reply 1288
Induction on monday, Im thinking of wearing a smart light blue shirt, dark wash jeans, and black vans, would that be appropriate ?

also, did you guys get your unfiorm upon arriving to the store, or did you have to wait a while ?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1289
My stores juice isle got moved about on the 22nd. It used to be that 2l bottles ad well as fruit shoots and things was in one isle and the cans were in another with the crisps. Now there is things in 3 places (2 in one isle and 1 in the other, not even on plinths) and quite alot of stuff not dressed in. Haven't noticed any new stuff eather....
Hey everyone,

Had my interview for customer service assistant today, think it went ok, just the waiting now that's the worse bit. It's for a new store opening on 18th July.

The guy interviewing me did ask about if I had any pre-booked holiday's, and I mentioned about a week away that I have in June, he was fine with this and said they would honour it and work training around it.

However, there's a couple of of things I totally forgot to even check, and I was hoping someone here could help me:

I've got three pre-booked things over the next month, all on a Saturday evening, one is my birthday meal on 19th May, one is a concert on 26th May, and the last is a concert on 9th June.

Does anyone know if I will still be able to attend these if I get the job? Our store doesn't open until 18th July, so they are all way before the store opens, but just wondering how likely it is that training for a customer service assistant position be done on a Saturday night.

Thank you to anyone who can help, I just worry about things like this and would love if someone could set my mind at ease.
Reply 1291
Original post by Negotiator
Say if I reduce a load of sandwiches to the price displayed and set by the handset. So at lunch time am I not allowed to purchase one of these sandwiches?

Not without having them signed off by your manager of the day [that means each reduction label, and the receipt].

I've taken this to the highest level possible - i.e. my area manager and area HR manager - and they've both confirmed it for me.
Reply 1292
Original post by Scotty362
Just wanted to say thanks for the advice. I did get offered the job, so now the fun learning shall begin! :smile: However how awful is that DVD test - what cheesy acting and questions that hold little relevance to everyday scenarios!

Thanks Again

Big congratulations! If you ever need any advice or support, or have a question to ask, I'd be more than happy to help! :smile:

Enjoy the job, its very rewarding [if a little stressful at times]!
Reply 1293
Original post by Writer14
Actually by signing your contract you have given them permission. The rules about social networking are also clearly displayed in the colleague handbook, so you wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on should you be sacked for writing something inappropriate.

the word facebook nor twitter appear in my contract :confused:
Reply 1294
Are we allowed to refuse to serve customers? One girl at work refused to serve a guy and they had a massive argument, not sure of the exact details but she said something of the lines "I am not going to tolerate your behaviour so you go to another checkout"

The customer was very angry and security and the captains calmed the situation, eventually she left the till to cool off and the captain served the customer.

But is refusing to serve customers allowed? I didnt think so but its a good power!
Reply 1295
Original post by RJ100
Are we allowed to refuse to serve customers? One girl at work refused to serve a guy and they had a massive argument, not sure of the exact details but she said something of the lines "I am not going to tolerate your behaviour so you go to another checkout"

The customer was very angry and security and the captains calmed the situation, eventually she left the till to cool off and the captain served the customer.

But is refusing to serve customers allowed? I didnt think so but its a good power!

I'm pretty sure you are within your right to refuse to serve a customer as long as you have a justifiable reason, such as they are personally attacking you, they are intoxicated etc. However I don't think the girl should have had an argument with the customer, she should have remained calm and stated why she didn't want to serve him, and then said she would get the supervisor over if he still complained.

That's what I would have done anyway =/
How do i apply for a sainsburys job - do i apply online or give my cv in at a local store
Original post by rosevick1
How do i apply for a sainsburys job - do i apply online or give my cv in at a local store

You can search for vacancies and apply online here: http://sainsburys.jobs/
Original post by rosevick1

It is all online nowadays. Be aware that the site can be confusing though, so good luck from everybody!!
It is all online nowadays. Be aware that the site can be confusing though, so good luck from everybody!!

Thanks, the website is so confusing

Latest