The Student Room Group

Sainsburys thread MK III

dobbs
Don't worry too much - you'll love the massive pay rise when you turn 18 and your national minimum wage is £4.60/hr :smile:

Back when I started working at Morrisons when I was 16 (6 years ago! :redface:) I was being paid £3.20/hr lol :p:

i can even beat that =P

was offered a job at a farm near me....£50 a week, 5 days a week from 8am til 6pm!

worked out to b sumthin rediculous like £1.11!

i didnt take it tho! was like uhh u gotta b joking lol!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
because I have read on some other threads on TSR that some supermarkets pay staff more money if they have particular skills e.g. customer service. I was just wondering if that is also the case with Sainsbury's?

Perhaps but it only comes with many years of working or supervisor or above training afaik. Well I work CSD and Kiosk and am trained to do home shopping as well and don't get any more anyways.
andy5788, thats what I thought but I have read threads on here that said that Tesco employee's get a standard rate of £7.12 an hour for doing the same job as we do, so I wondered if it is because I am 17 that i dont get that much.
Reply 3
£7.12 an hour for CSD? What a ****ing joke... I'm defecting! But no I get standard rate 18yo pay..
Reply 4
Referring back to the first post, how can you call £5.50 per hour terrible pay?! That's a pretty average wage for 18+ from my experience.

I only earned £4.17 per hour 18 months ago, and on turning 18 that rose to £5.39 per hour.
most supervisors at my store got paid the same as the checkout staff :/
:frown: I failed the dvd test version 2 the other day and I'm gutted. I know I passed the maths section and the personality section. I think I messed up on the customer service questions. The attention to detail scenarios seemed pretty straight forward but then again I failed so maybe not.

Can someone give me a guide to follow when taking this test because I really need the job.

EX. A customer is struggling with a trolley outside the store whilst you are putting trolleys back. Do you...stop what you're doing and help them, ask them if they want help or continue with your work? I chose the first answer but now I'm thinking twice.
Reply 7
You should ask them if they want help. The first answer sort of implies you go over to them and just take over without even considering if they want the help or not. The other reason you should ask is if you're busy doing something and you go and help and they don't need any you're just wasting your own time.

I don't know the right answer, this is just my personal opinion.
When I did it I pretty much chose the 'stop and ask if they want help' option every time it was available and I got the job.
Reply 9
yh TwoDot is right. I would ask first coz other people don't want any help/assistance. Always think as if your the customer.
I work in Sainsbury's and there policy is to stop what you are doing straight away and offer help, this applies to pretty much any scenario.
Reply 11
I recently did the version 2 test about 2-3 weeks ago and I passed.
Basically the first section think what is best for the customer at all times. We were told afterwards that not all customers may want help so it's always better to ask
for the second section there wasn't much to miss.
Maths was simple.
For the personality section it may be important to strongly agree or strongly disagree instead of just agreeing or disagreeing.
Third edition of your thread for you :smile:
Reply 13
Wow thread number 3.

When are the next pay days of his year? I'm losing count
Reply 14
Original post by Saliency
Wow thread number 3.

When are the next pay days of his year? I'm losing count

Next payday is 2nd December then 30th December.
Reply 15
Original post by thatg
Next payday is 2nd December then 30th December.

Okay then thanks... not this week then like I was hoping.:frown:
Reply 16
I guess I better subscribe to this one then.
Whats the uniform look like now? Is it still blue polo shirt and bright orange fleece?
Reply 18
Uniform is:

http://www.newcollege.ac.uk/news-and-events/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Sainsburys.jpg

I personally have to wear a shirt and tie - store management team. And then the main store manager wears a shirt and tie of his choosing.
Wow, MK III! Seems like Sainsbury's is a popular employer of choice. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending