The Student Room Group

Guys, do you wear different underwear for different occasions?

Following on from the girls thread on going out underwear versus everyday underwear, do you guys have different types of underwear depending on what you're doing? For me I have 3 types of underwear.

Boxers : for chilling out and if I'm not going to be doing anything active
Briefs : For playing football, running and generally if I think I'll be doing anything active during the day
Boxer briefs : going out at night / pulling pants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, not really, I just wear whatever I pull out first.
Original post by tobie123
Following on from the girls thread on going out underwear versus everyday underwear, do you guys have different types of underwear depending on what you're doing? For me I have 3 types of underwear.

Boxers : for chilling out and if I'm not going to be doing anything active
Briefs : For playing football, running and generally if I think I'll be doing anything active during the day
Boxer briefs : going out at night / pulling pants

I'd have thought guys would wear tight boxers if they're doing sports. And probably the same type if they're going out at night. Although I'm not great at remembering the actual names of the types :tongue:
Reply 3
everyone has a pair of 'pulling' pants don't they? :awesome:

Don't really pay much attention to picking my boxers other than that though, I jusr wear the ones that are more comfortable.
boxers all the time. Then again all I ever do is go to lectures/seminars, sit on the sofa in the living room or drink round peoples houses.
Reply 5
Original post by FallonSmith
I'd have thought guys would wear tight boxers if they're doing sports. And probably the same type if they're going out at night. Although I'm not great at remembering the actual names of the types :tongue:

Tight boxers are called boxer briefs or trunks. They are the best for going out at night but for sport proper briefs are better imo
Original post by Dorito
everyone has a pair of 'pulling' pants don't they? :awesome:

Don't really pay much attention to picking my boxers other than that though, I jusr wear the ones that are more comfortable.

Pulling pants usually have gay cartoon designs on them.
Neon Bjorn Borgs for posing in front of the mirror and looking at my abs etc.
Reply 8
Reply 9
Underwear?? :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by FallonSmith
Pulling pants usually have gay cartoon designs on them.

girls seem to love gay cartoon designs.
Reply 11
I wear my best underwear:

If I'm playing strip poker
If theres the slightest chance I might get laid
If they are the only ones that have been washed
Reply 12
Boxer briefs all day erryday
When on the clock I have to wear standard Empire provided briefs.

When doing my own thing, I usually sport these:

Original post by Dorito
girls seem to love gay cartoon designs.

Suits guys over girls I suppose.
Original post by TheRealDarthVader
When on the clock I have to wear standard Empire provided briefs.

When doing my own thing, I usually sport these:

Oh dear... :rolleyes:
Special occaisions - nothing.

Other occaisions - boxers.
Reply 17
haha. They are not that bad and are actualy really comfortable if you play any type of sport. You have got to get a decent make though like Sloggi or CK
Reply 18
For most lads it'll be whatever falls out of the draw first.
But everyone has a pair of lucky boxers. Mine are bright red and yellow Iron Man.
Reply 19
Original post by JBullyWBA
For most lads it'll be whatever falls out of the draw first.
QUOTE]

I would have thought most lads would think about what they were planning on doing that day when picking their pants. For example if you're doing any kind of exercise baggy boxers are no use, but if you were going out on the pull you wouldn't want to wear your sports briefs

Quick Reply

Latest