Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cambridge interview (Lucy Cavendish)... any past interviewees?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Apparently I've managed to fluke my way into a Cambridge interview, which I REALLY wasn't expecting... unfortunately everything I have read seems to tell me how intimidating and notoriously difficult the interviews are. This will be my first ever veterinary interview, so I'm a little nervous to say the least!

Can anybody help me with what I should expect from them/what they expect from me? I have applied as a graduate - will they ask me more about my degree in the science interview, or will they still be likely to ask me A-level based questions?

Any past experiences would be really helpful!

Thanks
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied as an undergrad to Robinsons and I know they are all different but they started off with really easy science questions (even GCSE level), and then moved it on to A level standard, and then tried to push me until I struggled to find an answer. It is likely that they will try to test the limits of what you know.

Mine asked a lot of science questions, esp. chemistry and biology, some of which has no relation to vet science whatsoever!

They asked me about a specific case I mentioned on my work experience form and tried to test my understanding of the case.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I too have somehow managed to get an interview at Lucy Cavendish! Im also graduate so Im thinking they might try some more difficult questions, I may have to read through some of my degree notes
    Im also resitting my A levels, what did you do to prepare for the interview SilverstarDJ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i've got an interview at lucy cavendish as well - are either of you going on one of the tours?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 29, 2011
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.