The Student Room Group

How to invite her over?

The first person to say "hey wanna come over some time" is getting a slap :P

So essentially me and my friend "went out" for a month over the summer, but it was a fairly poor display from both of us filled with nerves and awkwardness+ poor communication.

After that we kinda drifted apart for a few months and i got really upset cos i assumed she lost interest, however she recently said she was sorry for acting like a bitch recently and i accepted it- but conversation still seems really forced and unnatural.

However just the other day we were speaking on msn and she recommended watching "the atonement", but only with a girl because if i watched it with my friends we would make fun of it and ruin it.

So essentially i got the impression that was a hint sugegsting that she would consider coming over to watch it with me, and i want to talk to her about whats happened recently too.

Problem is she is normally very busy and may not fancy spending a few hours at my house on her own because of what has going on recently.

Any ideas on how to approach this? I'm certain i still have feelings for her and suspect she might for me- along with other negative emotions though.
bump.
bump
If you need a way of bringing it up in convo, say you read a review of Atonement the other day and it's made you want to give it a go. Ask her if she would like to join you seeing as she enjoys the film so much. Leave it up to her to suggest a date - that way it'll fit around her schedule, and you will know if she's genuinely up for it based upon whether she suggests a time.
Reply 4
Send her a text saying 'Hey, wanna come over some time?'

I joke, I joke. Yeah, it does sound like she's hinting at you there. You could buy a copy and tell her that you've got it, but say that you still need someone to watch it with? And pretty much do what the poster above said, and let her choose when to do it :smile:
Reply 5
1) Find a film or dvd etc that you both like
2) Ask if she wants to watch it with you sometime
3) ????
4) Profit!
Original post by WhiterunUK

So essentially me and my friend "went out" for a month over the summer, but it was a fairly poor display from both of us filled with nerves and awkwardness+ poor communication.

After that we kinda drifted apart for a few months and i got really upset cos i assumed she lost interest, however she recently said she was sorry for acting like a bitch recently and i accepted it- but conversation still seems really forced and unnatural.

However just the other day we were speaking on msn and she recommended watching "the atonement", but only with a girl because if i watched it with my friends we would make fun of it and ruin it.

So essentially i got the impression that was a hint sugegsting that she would consider coming over to watch it with me, and i want to talk to her about whats happened recently too.

Problem is she is normally very busy and may not fancy spending a few hours at my house on her own because of what has going on recently.

Any ideas on how to approach this? I'm certain i still have feelings for her and suspect she might for me- along with other negative emotions though.

YOU WORKED THAT OUT ALL BY YOURSELF?!?!?!?

¬_¬
For god's sake, I can see why the two of you had bad communication.
Reply 7
Original post by WhiterunUK

Walk her home from class and then stay by hers suggesting that u watch a movie.

Or get her to follow YOU home and then invite her to a movie.

OR if you can cook say that you cooked "extra" and wanted to know if she can get some. OR ask for help cooking

Anything along those lines
Original post by TShadow383
YOU WORKED THAT OUT ALL BY YOURSELF?!?!?!?

¬_¬
For god's sake, I can see why the two of you had bad communication.

it's not as simple as that obviously, if i got was that sure it was a hint i would have just done it there and then. In the context i was saying how i never really got into sad films, then she said you need to watch it with a emotional people- like girls. So suggested i watch it with one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending