The Student Room Group

Latest you've left an assigmment/essay etc?

I'm not just talking about little things the lecturer suggests you do, I mean work which is actually worth a % of that module.

So what was it? What was the word count? How soon was the hand in date before you started working on it? etc..

In year one I started most things pretty much the week before they were due in.

Currently I have a 1,500 word essay Due in December 9th, worth 50% of the module. I haven't decided what I'm doing it on yet though I've done a little journal searching(my original idea has no decent journals I can access, so I'm having to think of something else). I'm not really bothered about it as once I've picked something, it'll be quite easy to write up.

Scroll to see replies

Errm 2 days after it was due in :p: One of my lab reports, though each one isn't really worth much at all so..
I've got a few things due in the week after next that I've not even thought about starting yet- 4 online practicals and write ups worth ~25% of one module and a scientific report worth 60% + a scientific poster worth 40% of another. I'm not even sure how to go about making the poster tbh, but ahwell
I might start them this weekend...maybe :smile:
Reply 2
assigment in 9 this morning, started at 6 last night.
Reply 3
Original post by stubear
assigment in 9 this morning, started at 6 last night.

haha ouch. What was the word count on that then, was it just a small thing or a significant % of the module?
Reply 4
Probably about the day before it's due. I always want to get my things in early, I've handed an assignment in three days before the deadline before. It was a fairly easy assignment though...

One of my housemates still hasn't handed in a 1500 word essay that was due in for the rest of us on the 7th November. He got a week extra for disability allowance, so his deadline was the 14th. And he still missed that. He's going to have 20 marks knocked off his overall mark, and he doesn't care. D:
Reply 5
Before this turns into a massive thread, it's not a competition! Lol jk it totally is. The latest I've left an essay was a 400 worder about whether the UK should join the Euro or not. Did it in 20 minutes in the morning, was dead proud, only to find out I probably dreamt the whole thing up because it was never mentioned again :L But the night before is my record for coursework/essays
Handed in a 1500 word essay that's 40% of my module grade this morning...I started it earlier this week, but only finished it this morning :smile:
during the lecture before it's supposed to be handed in.. really need to stop doing that, even though the problem sheets aren't worth much- 5 or 10% of a module for a whole term's worth, so each one is about 1% of a module
A 20 min presentation, i forgot to sign up for, went to the sheet and the only slot left was less than 24 hours away, so I had to choose a topic, research, write, and remember it all in less than 24 hours, don't remember how much it was worth but suffice to say i could only afford about 3 hours sleep :tongue:
Reply 9
Extended Psychology essay worth 3 credits in my Access course. 2500 word count. Started it at 7pm, finished at 4am, handed it in at 9am.

In my defence, I was trying to prepare for my Law admission test, which was the monday, giving me Monday evening and the whole of Tuesday to do it, which was plenty of time. Only Monday morning we had an email from the course tutor altering the submission date to Tuesday morning, giving me no time at all!
I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen again, I need to majorly revise all of my covered topics for my Cambridge interview which is in two and a half weeks, plus skim read the two books mentioned in my PS whilst also having four essays to complete. Something's going to have to give!
Reply 10
Same day. :biggrin:
Reply 11
Essay due 4pm today, finished it completely at 1.34pm today, started it on Saturday at around 9pm, 2000 words, worth 60% of my module.

But I know people on my course who pulled all nighters last night to finish it, and know 2 people in the library right now rushing to get it in.
Assignment due 10am this morning. Started it at 7.15am this morning. Fail fail fail.
About three weeks after the deadline... This was way, way back when they would pass me as long as I handed it in before the end of the semester...
The night before and pulled all nighters to get it done.

2500/3000 words.
When i was at college, i had the assignment to hand in for one of the units we did. The grade we got in that was the grade we got in that unit. Anyway, i did half of it, but left about half of it untill the day before it had to be handed in. It was actually quite an easy assignment, otherwise i would have done it before. I somehow managed to get an A in that assignment.
Essay due in at 9am, I was doing references at 8:30am.. 4000 words and worth 70% .. I got 17/20 and passed the course with flying colours :biggrin:
Start at midnight, in by 9 or 10am. That's pretty much every week, sometimes two or three times.

....I really need to work on not procrastinating so much.
I've had three assignments that have counted so far, and I've started all of them a few days beforehand, and finished/handed them in on deadline day- but for us deadline day is any time up until 11:59pm.
Start at 11pm for about 30 minutes, accidentally fall asleep wake up at 8am, finish it at 10 and hand it in for 11am. It was about 1000 words, so not too trying but still cutting it very fine.

Latest