The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

1,500 word essay due in at 12, started it at 8pm the night before, planning on doing an all-nighter. Gave up after collectively spending about half an hour on it, having managed to get half done. Woke up with an hour to give it in, with a 45 minute walk into uni. Finished the last half off in about 20 minutes. 50% of that module :colondollar: Never forget the hand-in dates for assignments!
Reply 61
Missed my lectures for one module so didn't know I had such a coursework until my flatmate asks me at 1am how I found the assessed coursework for that module which was due in for 5 pm that day.
FML
worked the whole night and day struggling as I didn't know the work.
Reply 62
2000 essay worth %70 of the module due in tomorrow.

Starting it today.
Reply 63
Had 2 weeks and started 2 days before and had sleepless nights. But it turned out ok ... But not good technique
I left a four thousand word essay due in yesterday; and I started it last wednesday. After a few late nights, I got it in, but I'll never leave it that late again. Currently, finishing a 2000 word due in on Friday, and starting a 1500 word tomorrow, also due in on Friday.

Next time I'll start two weeks beforehand.
Reply 65
5 hours
I've got a 5000 word essay to write for 4pm on Friday (needs to be printed and bound which is annoying)
I've just managed to finish the majority of the reading and I've written the blbiography. Tomorrow is going to be a fun day...
Reply 67
Gosh, thought I was bad! I bow to the masters of procrastination... *bows*

2500 words started 12 hours before it was due (9pm for a 9am online submission). Thankfully it had to be in lay mans terms, and I still got a three hour kip. My dissertation (7000 words) and an essay (2000 words) accompanied by very last minute revision (and having not gone to many lectures) took up my last week... That wasn't fun.

Always gets done though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Assignment due Friday, I started it Wednesday.
Reply 69
Its like a presentation..To be submitted on the 2nd of feb. I'm to make a portfolio of all the drawings i have made this semester, started 3 days ago and I'm not half finished :frown:
Reply 70
I usually start work about a fortnight before it's due in. If I don't, I get panicky and worry about it. However, I do know people who start substantial essays hours before the deadline and finish it just minutes before. I couldn't do that at all.
Update for mine, Max 4000 words due on Monday. Haven't finished the reading yet and got quite a bit to do D:

Started writing the essay though but I think this will be latest I've 'left' it as usually by now I've finished or just about to finish the reading.
Emailed an assignment to the recipient at 4:00 :59pm. Due at 4:00pm. I figured 59 seconds past the deadline still counted because the clock still read 4:00!
Last semester I did a 2,500 word essay literally the day before - I got up at 7am and worked all day until 11:30am the next day. I had to drink a load of coffee and stay awake all through the night. I was absolutely knackered and stressed so much. The submission was at 12 noon the next day. I managed to get 53% which is **** but to be honest, at that point I really didn't care so long as I just passed and stayed in uni. It was worth 40% of my module so I hope I've done better in my Januray exam.

Never doing it again - I was just not in the right headspace at the time. Not proud of it at all and would not recommend it - it also ****ed up my sleeping pattern for a while afterwards.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 74
I wrote my essay on the journey to uni to hand it in, it was an 1hr and half journey and the word count was 2000 plus i handed it 5 days late... got a 2:i ... the moral of the story is hand ur essay in early cuz then u won't be capped! I was capped and got a low 2:2 :frown:
I started an essay 4 hours before it was due, 3000 words, having been up all the night before and all afternoon struggling with a bitch of a 6000 word literature one. It was on psychology and worth 100% of the course (broad curriculm). I flew through it, had only a few references and got thrown out of computer rooms loads of times because they have scheduled classes sometimes- stress! I handed it in half an hour before the deadline, before my friend who'd spent ages on her then had problems with printers at the last minute. It got a 2:1 yay, I was so proud.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Last semester I did a 2,500 word essay literally the day before - I got up at 7am and worked all day until 11:30am the next day. I had to drink a load of coffee and stay awake all through the night. I was absolutely knackered and stressed so much. The submission was at 12 noon the next day. I managed to get 53% which is **** but to be honest, at that point I really didn't care so long as I just passed and stayed in uni. It was worth 40% of my module so I hope I've done better in my Januray exam.

Never doing it again - I was just not in the right headspace at the time. Not proud of it at all and would not recommend it - it also ****ed up my sleeping pattern for a while afterwards.

Haha sounds like what happened to me except I had to do a 4,000 word essay and it was due in 10 hours from the deadline. Had to drink lots of coffee as well (thank you Arab guy from Yemen for inventing this stuff! lol). Also had to drink a load of lucozade so my thinking would be fast. Worst time ever though...
Reply 77
This thread makes me feel much better about my 7,000 words essay due in about 3 weeks time
I did a piece of Biology coursework until the night before it was meant to be handed in and got 92% on it.
Reply 79
I always leave mine to the day before deadline and I've managed to get 60-70% on every one whereas I know if I do it over the proper time allocated I just wouldn't do it as well. I work better under pressure..

Latest

Trending

Trending