The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL and the LNAT

I submitted my UCAS application in late October, but I booked my LNAT testing on January 7th (as an international applicant I wasn't aware of the test until October and thought I should give myself time to ship in some study guides and prepare independently). I'm starting to worry that this may be really late, although it is a few weeks before the deadline. Would this disadvantage my application?

Original post by sykg
I submitted my UCAS application in late October, but I booked my LNAT testing on January 7th (as an international applicant I wasn't aware of the test until October and thought I should give myself time to ship in some study guides and prepare independently). I'm starting to worry that this may be really late, although it is a few weeks before the deadline. Would this disadvantage my application?

They won't consider your application until they have the LNAT. So it would be like sending off your UCAS on Jan 7th. This is obviously before the deadline, and so they "have" to give you equal consideration. I don't think UCL do give out any early offers, but obviously they get ALOT of applicants. It may be beneficial to sit the LNAT earlier, but I doubt it would be detrimental to sit it that late. That said, if your already thinking about the LNAT, I imagine you would be ready to sit it way before Jan 7th - it is ultimately an aptitude test and there is only so much you can do in preparation.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest