Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Aviators Society

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

this soc has no active leader, volunteers?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    this soc has no active leader, volunteers?
    i wouldnt mind, but i dont have an aircraft, never had any lessons. so, im not sure id be a good leader if ive no advise.
    but, like i said, i wouldnt mind.
    • 2 followers

(Original post by dream123)
    i wouldnt mind, but i dont have an aircraft, never had any lessons. so, im not sure id be a good leader if ive no advise.
    but, like i said, i wouldnt mind.
    a soc leader is in charge of join requests, removing members and creating new threads. experience doesnt matter tbh
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    a soc leader is in charge of join requests, removing members and creating new threads. experience doesnt matter tbh
    what does tbh mean?
    it doesnt sound that much work.
    when you say: 'create new threads'...what for? anything specific?
    • 2 followers

what does tbh mean?
    it doesnt sound that much work.
    when you say: 'create new threads'...what for? anything specific?
    to be honest
    its not
    when a thread reachs 10000 posts it is locked, so then the leader makes a new one
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    to be honest
    its not
    when a thread reachs 10000 posts it is locked, so then the leader makes a new one
    im up for it
    what now?
    • 2 followers

im up for it
    what now?
    wait for it to be sorted, theres a massive list so could be a while im afraid
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    wait for it to be sorted, theres a massive list so could be a while im afraid
    just to say, i DONT want to subscribe to TSR.As long as i dont have to, im fine with being a 'soc leader.'
    is that okay?
    • 2 followers

just to say, i DONT want to subscribe to TSR.As long as i dont have to, im fine with being a 'soc leader.'
    is that okay?
    not an issue at all
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    not an issue at all
    RIGHTY then...i guess ill be starting with removing the last 10 posts before anything else.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i've just found this thread - i just thought i'd join in and say i love flying my dad has a weightshift microlight (quick GT450) which i go up in sometimes it's so relaxing.

this is my dad and my grandma... not me!

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_145)
    i've just found this thread - i just thought i'd join in and say i love flying my dad has a weightshift microlight (quick GT450) which i go up in sometimes it's so relaxing.

this is my dad and my grandma... not me!

do you know how to fly?
    does your father teach?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    do you know how to fly?
    does your father teach?
    no i don't, but it's a 2 seater so i often go flying with my dad.
    he doesn't teach - he only got his license in the summer
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have found a place in my city that has a Boeing 737 cockpit, where you can pay for flight simulations I have come to admire the B1 Lancer.

B1 Lancer running pre flight checks in South-East asia.

Does anyone like this baby? I sketched some designs with the B1 Lancer being my inspiration
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shame it's being retired ahead of it's years....

They [USAF] should give the RAF a few [say, 4 operational, 3 for spares] so that we can 'share' the strategic bombing things.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Shame it's being retired ahead of it's years....

They [USAF] should give the RAF a few [say, 4 operational, 3 for spares] so that we can 'share' the strategic bombing things.
    and 1 for me amen!

I wish RAF had more funding to work with... unfortunately thats not the case...

What i like the most is its a fast sub-sonic low-flight aircraft, bit like the tornado
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just like that it handles like a fighter. Last aircraft we had of that size and performance was the Vulcan.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ah yeah, at least we have typhoons now, but still that's like our fighter flagship :/ oh I made some skecthes(they're sketchy) if you're interested, it looks abit like what if the raptor, concorde, and B1 had children... but it naturally just ended like it was...
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    But the phoon is supposed to handle like that, the Vulcan was - and Lancer is - exceptional because they defied convention to handle like they do.

In years gone by when I was a modelmaking geek [don't worry, I've recovered...] I had a 1:48 model of the Lancer. Fecking huge that thing was.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    But the phoon is supposed to handle like that, the Vulcan was - and Lancer is - exceptional because they defied convention to handle like they do.

In years gone by when I was a modelmaking geek [don't worry, I've recovered...] I had a 1:48 model of the Lancer. Fecking huge that thing was.

what happened to it, and how much did it cost you, sounds like a nice touch to my bedroom... going onto fleabay!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 11, 2014
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.