The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Jardine Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by darkfang77
One of the questions you mentioned were asked (and it was at the end, which suggested that it was just something to end on a note with),

lol I wonder which one question that is :tongue:

the interview was far far too short for any of the rest. I was REALLY confused by what they wanted to know, usually when you have a scholarship interview, the interview takes a general direction as to what they want from you. Tbh, they didn't even ask me why I needed a scholarship, I definitely thought it was unfair when they didn't even try to perhaps favour the applicants from a poorer background who would be unable to afford to go to Oxbridge without the scholarship

the person told me mine would be about 20 min too actually. I've had a scholarship interview before and it was about 20 min too. I can't believe they didn't ask such relevant questions though!! I agree, it's just sad if they don't favour those who from the poorer background.

And from their website, for their finals, you MUST attend the HK interview in person or you get nothing.

yeah, but they will pay for our trip to HK including accommodation etc so it shouldn't be too demanding IMO.

Interviewer formally dressed, unlike me, but I didn't think it mattered since they did not specify dress code in their invite.

alright thanks! my parents told me to wear suits anyway.

Btw, my interviewer said that all interviewers would be finished by this week so I think she was mistaken since yours is next week :smile:

lolz or maybe it's with a different person?

The probability of me getting into Oxford is higher than me getting the scholarship so I'm not holding any hope out.

I feel the same about myself!

hf & gl

high 5! good luck to you too! :smile: my interview is in one week D: :woo:
Reply 41
Hi guys, has anyone heard anything about the final interview in Hong Kong? I think notifications should be sent out this week. I finished my first Jardine interview on 1/11, I'm applying to Peterhouse of Cambridge :smile:
Original post by illl4ever
Hi guys, has anyone heard anything about the final interview in Hong Kong? I think notifications should be sent out this week. I finished my first Jardine interview on 1/11, I'm applying to Peterhouse of Cambridge :smile:

hello! I'm so happy to see more Jardine scholarship applicants. because I'm very worried :frown: I haven't heard regarding the final interview either. hoping to hear tomorrow or the next day. basically any time this week. they told me during my first interview that they will inform successful candidates this week. good luck to everyone!!

btw may I add you on facebook?
Reply 43

haha sure :biggrin: my fb account is http://www.facebook.com/illl4ever :smile: omg I'd prefer they send a reply to everyone, either a yes or no, waiting like this is damn tiring >"<
haha sure :biggrin: my fb account is http://www.facebook.com/illl4ever :smile: omg I'd prefer they send a reply to everyone, either a yes or no, waiting like this is damn tiring >"<

uhh i can't add or message you lol. mind adding me? http://facebook.com/desy.kristianti
thank you!
and YESSSSS can't they just notify everyone :frown:
the final interview in Hong Kong will be on 3 and 4 January.
Reply 46
they sent you an email?
they sent you an email?

I asked :tongue: I'm so desperate OMGGGGGGG
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 48
oh, did you ask when they will notify successful candidates? I just want to know alrd omg even a rejection would be better than waiting like this >"<
oh, did you ask when they will notify successful candidates? I just want to know alrd omg even a rejection would be better than waiting like this &gt;&quot;&lt;

that's what I asked but they didn't really say :frown: but they said they'll notify through email. argh yes I wanna know too!! perhaps they'll notify us this week. I can't stand the wait.

would you still go to camb if you don't get this scholarship though?
Reply 50
The thing is that applicants not invited to Hong Kong probably are rejected by oxbridge xD I'd love to go cam with or without the scholarship haha, but I heard oxbridge costs a lot more than other unis so my family will have to consider carefully :smile: plus I already have some offers so actually I only wish to study in cam with the scholarship :biggrin:
ah if you have the money, I think it's worth it! I mean, it's Oxbridge man! sadly my family couldn't afford it so I can't go to Ox without this scholarship. or will probably not go to any UK uni :tongue:

in the mean time I'm trying to keep myself busy with other things as the wait is killing me...
Reply 52
congrats Desy!!! haven't received anything I guess I couldn't make it haha :smile: all the best with your final interview ^_^
Reply 53
uhm may I ask if they sent a group email or the email was directed to you specifically? I just want to see if my chance is really over haha :smile:
I'm invited to the final interview!! :biggrin:

congrats Desy!!! haven't received anything I guess I couldn't make it haha :smile: all the best with your final interview ^_^

thank youuuu!!! :biggrin: and stay optimistic!! I want to meet you in HK x

uhm may I ask if they sent a group email or the email was directed to you specifically? I just want to see if my chance is really over haha :smile:

it was directed to me, even the subject of the email contained my name. you see my name starts with a D so perhaps they're doing it alphabetically and will continue tomorrow :smile: or perhaps they're doing it by country. so don't worry, and I wish you all the best!!!
Reply 55
haha I'm not very hopeful but thanks ^_^ hope I can see you in HK too :smile:
Reply 56
Hi there,

I am going to HK for final interview too! See u there! I see 1 Indonesian getting the interview too. So far, I also know there is 1 Thai going for the final interview too. This is getting very excited. All the best people! And see u soon!

Oh ya, I am from Indonesia too :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kswidjaja
Hi there,

I am going to HK for final interview too! See u there! I see 1 Indonesian getting the interview too. So far, I also know there is 1 Thai going for the final interview too. This is getting very excited. All the best people! And see u soon!

Oh ya, I am from Indonesia too :smile:

This is great, see you there! Or, see you at the airport lol. How are you preparing for the interview?
Hi, i am applying this year as well.
What kind of questions will the first interview be like??
Rejected. Brilliant. Probs cuz I didn't get into cambridge aswell! Preparing for a rejection letter from cambridge next month... Fml!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending