The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Jardine Scholarship Applicants

hey guys!

has anyone heard back from Jardine? I got an email asking whether I've been invited to an interview by Oxford.

does everyone get the same email?

good luck all!!

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys the reason why I created this thread is because I wanna get to know other Jardine Scholarship applicants. In addition, have you heard any from them yet? Anyone got a 1st interview with them? Have they replied to your email when you informed them that you've got an interview invitation from your college?

Could anyone who already got a scholarship from Jardine Foundation share your experience?
Reply 2
Original post by Shinichi1992
Hey guys the reason why I created this thread is because I wanna get to know other Jardine Scholarship applicants. In addition, have you heard any from them yet? Anyone got a 1st interview with them? Have they replied to your email when you informed them that you've got an interview invitation from your college?

Could anyone who already got a scholarship from Jardine Foundation share your experience?

I have an interview invitation from my college but no reply from the scholarship panel. I guess I was opted out from the scholarship contest.:frown:
P.S. I am from HK.
another applicant here! but as you know Shinichi I'm in the same boat as you. they emailed me to ask whether I have an interview from Oxford and if I will fly to UK. I replied but they haven't gotten back to me yet :smile:

Jack which college did you apply to?
Reply 4
Original post by desy.kris
another applicant here! but as you know Shinichi I'm in the same boat as you. they emailed me to ask whether I have an interview from Oxford and if I will fly to UK. I replied but they haven't gotten back to me yet :smile:

Jack which college did you apply to?

I got the same email and replied I am not going to UK.
That's Queen's I am applying.
Original post by Jack3107
I got the same email and replied I am not going to UK.
That's Queen's I am applying.

ah, glad to hear, thanks for letting us know!

I'm really worried right now actually... they state in the application form that preliminary interviews in indonesia will be conducted in mid november, but it's already late november :frown:

does anyone know how many scholarships they give out each year?
Reply 6
I guess I'll just slam in from the Oxon thread that Desy asked me to come from.

I have an interview with their (head?) office at London at 6th Dec.
No idea whatsoever what to do, had a plain letter telling me to come and ask for them.

And I have no idea how they will gauge my "academic excellence" and "fellowship" from it.

Take what you will guys!

Anyone got the interview offer yet?
Reply 7
I received an invitation for an interview from Jardine on 22/11. My interview will be on 30/11. And I am applying to Cambridge - Downing College. Have you heard anything new since then?
look at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=35092697 and join, someone else from Cambridge got an interview too. I'm worried!!
WOW good luck!! where will your interview be if you don't mind me asking? no I haven't got any update yet :frown:

the Oxford Jardine applicants are in this thread if you're interested --> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1847149
OK, why do you need two threads telling people to go to both? Why not either merge both threads or tell everyone to go to just one thread, it's confusing and doesn't help in making sure we get all the information.
ahaha idk, that thread was for Oxbridge and this one is for Oxford only. I don't know how to get it merged.
Original post by Shinichi1992
x

x

Hey guys! I've received an email from the Indonesian officer :smile: I'm invited to an interview on the 15th! Have you guys heard from them? Good luck!!
Jardine interview on the 6th (same day as my cambridge one... It's gonna be a loooong day.) Any other Hong Kongers here? :biggrin:
Original post by ilikepie1993
Jardine interview on the 6th (same day as my cambridge one... It's gonna be a loooong day.) Any other Hong Kongers here? :biggrin:

wow :O good luck!! are you flying to UK or...? and how are you gonna dress? I don't know what to wear to the Jardine interview :eek:
Reply 15

When were you informed? I think I am rejected because I received nothing at all up til today.
When were you informed? I think I am rejected because I received nothing at all up til today.

It is likely you may have been rejected since interviews are only held in Nove...
nvm mine's in Dec so it may be them being slow.
Original post by desy.kris
wow :O good luck!! are you flying to UK or...? and how are you gonna dress? I don't know what to wear to the Jardine interview :eek:

I'm just gonna wear black jeans and a shirt. Don't think we need to wear a suit... A bit too formal. And anyway, I'll be wearing the same things for my Cambridge interview.
Yea I'm flying to the UK (I'm studying in Italy, so it's just a stone's throw (not really) away) :smile:
All the best to you too :smile:)

Erm.. yesterday, I think. Was a bit of a surprise, to be honest.
I'm just gonna wear black jeans and a shirt. Don't think we need to wear a suit... A bit too formal. And anyway, I'll be wearing the same things for my Cambridge interview.
Yea I'm flying to the UK (I'm studying in Italy, so it's just a stone's throw (not really) away) :smile:
All the best to you too :smile:)

ahh fair enough! I'll be doing a skype interview. would you mind letting us know later what your interview's like? :tongue: only if you don't mind! I know it'll be unfair on your side so if you don't feel like sharing your experience then you don't need to :tongue:

how're you preparing, for both your cambridge and jardine interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending