The Student Room Group

Bmat 2012 entry results enquiries and appeals

Thought I'd create a thread for all of use who are going to enquire about our BMAT results (or maybe I'll end up being the only one). This way we can also follow other enquiries and see if anybody gets their result changed.

Result:
Enquiry:
Reason:

I'll go first.

Result: 5.7, 6.4, 3.5D
Enquiry: The D in language
Reason: English is my mother tongue and last year I received an A for language in the BMAT. Don't mean to say that I should have received an A, but a D puts me in the bottom 5% of applicants when it comes to handling the English language - not true, especially since I thought my essay was quite well written.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Result: 4.7, 4.7, 3A
Enquiry: Generally S1 and S2
Reason: Can't hurt, need a few extra point to get an interview at UCL and if they lower my score it doesn't really matter (only applied to UCL out of the BMAT schools in the end)
Reply 2
Result: 6, 5.5, 2A
Enquiry: The 2 in S3
Reason: I'm a medicine applicant but I did the vet's question (which i was told is completely fine to do) and I addressed all the aspects of the questions and I believe the arguments were rational so I should have got at least a 3 because it says on their BMAT explanation pdf that to get a 3 you need to address all the aspects of the question which I am more than sure I did

Anyone sure how the whole results enquiry/appeal process work?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Result: 3.8, 5.2, 3.5A
Enquiry: S1
Reason: It doesnt seem right that S1 score. In all my practice papers i got at least 5 and on the day of the exam although i didnt think it exactly went swimmingly, it wasnt THAT bad
Reply 4
Original post by Nnuunnuu

Anyone sure how the whole results enquirey/appeal process work?

The appeal and enquiry processes are quite different. The enquiry is the first step and according to Cambridge Assessment involves the following steps:

- A check of the candidate's data to ensure that results have been accurately reported.
- A clerical check of any computer-marked answer sheets, to ensure that there were no errors in the scanning and scoring processes.
- A review of examiner marked components by a senior examiner who was not responsible for ordering the original marks, to ensure that the marking criteria were appropriately applied.

We should hear from them within five days of receiving the enquiry receipt.
Result: 6.3, 4.6, 3C
Enquiry: Section 2 score and Section 3 Quality of English language
Reason: When i came out of the exam i though that i did really well in section 2; a LOT better than section 1 which i thought i was gunna get really low in... Also the Quality of English language score is too low; i got an A last year...
Reply 6
Original post by Muattaz.Kazzam
Result: 6.3, 4.6, 3C
Enquiry: Section 2 score and Section 3 Quality of English language
Reason: When i came out of the exam i though that i did really well in section 2; a LOT better than section 1 which i thought i was gunna get really low in... Also the Quality of English language score is too low; i got an A last year...

Join the club mate. Got an A last year and have english as my mother tongue. Getting a D this year doesn't really seem right (+ I felt that the essay this year was a lot better) :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone know of any instances where the computer (or whatever is used to mark s1/s2) got it wrong? It doesn't seem possible to me, but was wondering if anyone knew.
According to previous years, how likely is it that the enquiry would cause your scores to change?
Reply 9
how do you get it remarked etc?
Reply 10
result: 5.9 2.9 3A
Enquiry: S2
reason: i got an A* in bio A level and A's in chem and physics, so is it wrong to believe that I should have done better? not sure... :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by soulcrasher
According to previous years, how likely is it that the enquiry would cause your scores to change?

this
Can someone tell me how i can put an enquiry through?
Its for something petty, but its bugging me
Basically i got a 2.5 for my essay and i think i deserve a 3 ...
Reply 13
Has anyone heard about any cases where the essay quality of content went up after the enquiry or appeal?
Result: S1-2.9 S2-5.2 S3 2A
Enquiry: What happened with S1?
Reason: I studied for this exam REALLY hard. On every mock exam I got more than 4.2 for S1.
Is there a point to remark on just go with this.
Also do you think I have a chance for UCL with these results( At the moment I have BBCCE for AS, continuing only with three A2s)
Reply 15
whats the difference between an appeal and enquiry. I want to check my S3 out as I got 2.5A, whereas I believe I at least deserved a 3...and I got 4.7 in S1, but more importantly should i therefore do an appeal or enquiry
how could s1 and s2 scores change? its multiple choice so you either got it right or wrong ...right?
Reply 17
Original post by paul272
whats the difference between an appeal and enquiry. I want to check my S3 out as I got 2.5A, whereas I believe I at least deserved a 3...and I got 4.7 in S1, but more importantly should i therefore do an appeal or enquiry

enquiry. as far as i've understood it, you submit an appeal if there were any factors that made you score worse than you could have done or if you are not happy with the result of the enquiry.
Reply 18
scanned and sent my results enquiry a couple of hours ago. Let me know when you guys have received you receipts!
Reply 19
Can someone tell me how to send an enquiry?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending