The Student Room Group

Unemployed graduate, proof of financial support by partner

Hi all,

I've read a few threads of people who are living with parents and have recieved this letter from the Student Loan Company requesting proof of financial support because you aren't employed. Fair enough. But I've found no one in my circumstance and I'm wondering if the same answers apply...

So I met someone at Uni, and we've lived together for nearly the whole three years of my course. He currently works and supports both of us. We share my bank account and that's where his pay goes every month. Now, just to make this more confusing, I don't receive paper statements from my bank anymore, and because this letter went to my family home first and was re-sent to me later, I'm pretty sure I won't recieve a statement I request in time.
I've read some stuff online about being able to get a branch to "stamp" a printed e-statement as genuine, or provide a covering letter confirming it, anyone know whether this is true and would be accepted?
So the overall question, how do I verify this income is not from me, but from my partner? I have his pay slips, can I include copies of them? Basically I have no idea, so please guide me gurus!

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending